Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• jbaker said:
    Been told the following.

Unless there is a stumbling block I would expect him to be appointed on Wednesday and taking the game on Saturday
    Who ? 
    That’s the stumbling block :-) 
    Brilliant 😂
  • edited January 29
    jbaker said:
    Been told the following.

Unless there is a stumbling block I would expect him to be appointed on Wednesday and taking the game on Saturday

Jbaker, do you mean Warburton or just that the new manager will be a him ?
  • jbaker said:
    Been told the following.

Jbaker, do you mean Warburton or just that the new manager will be a him ?
    Jones
  • Jones Neil or Duff …. 
  • Jones seemed to have the lost the plot at Southampton. Some of his interviews are really bizarre.
    He’ll be fine. All he’ll have to deal with is Louis asking his thoughts on Avanti West and Terry telling him post match that despite 7 goals conceded in the first half, 8 goals leaked in the 2nd half, there were plenty of positives to take away from the 7 minutes stoppage time that remained goalless and that he must have been pleased with the attitude the lads showed at the end there :-) 
    You mean the first 7 minutes of the 8 played?
  • Wow, I had no idea Darren Moore is so out of favour. 
  • edited January 29
    I think that Jones hss a problem when going into clubs where the players think that they are bigger than the team. This was definitely the case at Stoke where  the Coates family funded a lot of individual talent who thought that they were better ghan a coach who came from Luton. The same may have been the case at Southampton as well. At Luton he brought players through who wanted to improve and gelled them into a team. What do we think of our group of players. Some believe they are better than the team, but are there enough who recognise where we are as a team and want to join in with the effort and coaching that Jones will expect and give. If so he is the right man for the job, if not, nobody is the right man for the job.
     I think he actually came out and said as much about the Southampton scenario.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12880318/nathan-jones-admits-southampton-spell-was-a-huge-learning-curve-after-three-month-reign

Same could be levelled at Potter when at Chelsea.
  • Sponsored links:

• My concern at the moment is how some are seeing Jones as a saviour or the new messiah or the right fit! What does ‘the right fit’ mean, he once had a post at the club?

As many have said, it’s not just about a good manager it’s everything around the manager needs to be in unison and unfortunately behind the scenes at the moment, still appears to be floundering, making the managers job far harder than it should be.
  • edited January 29
    I think that Jones hss a problem when going into clubs where the players think that they are bigger than the team. This was definitely the case at Stoke where  the Coates family funded a lot of individual talent who thought that they were better ghan a coach who came from Luton. The same may have been the case at Southampton as well. At Luton he brought players through who wanted to improve and gelled them into a team. What do we think of our group of players. Some believe they are better than the team, but are there enough who recognise where we are as a team and want to join in with the effort and coaching that Jones will expect and give. If so he is the right man for the job, if not, nobody is the right man for the job.
     I think he actually came out and said as much about the Southampton scenario.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12880318/nathan-jones-admits-southampton-spell-was-a-huge-learning-curve-after-three-month-reign

Same could be levelled at Potter when at Chelsea.
    This is one of the reasons why Powell and Bowyer appealed to their squads of players because they’d played at the top level and were former England Internationals whom they not only respected but could learn from.
  • jbaker said:
    Been told the following.

Who ? 
    That’s the stumbling block :-) 
    Lol. 

I was just concerned it might be that latest name in the frame...

Diff. B)
  • edited January 29
    My concern at the moment is how some are seeing Jones as a saviour or the new messiah or the right fit! What does ‘the right fit’ mean, he once had a post at the club?

As many have said, it’s not just about a good manager it’s everything around the manager needs to be in unison and unfortunately behind the scenes at the moment, still appears to be floundering, making the managers job far harder than it should be.
    Personally speaking I don't think he's a messiah necessarily but I do like the idea of him being able to impose a proper system and attitude throughout an entire club that reinvented it - to the extent that his own departure wasn't catastrophic and they went on to promotion.

This is precisely what needs to happen at Charlton - we've got a squad that just feels a bit listless and hodgepodge and (Dobson and May aside) currently doesn't seem to have much in the way of leadership or genuine belief.

The problem of course is that Jones succeeded once but has failed elsewhere - and our weird ownership structure will probably make things more difficult. 

We need someone to do for us what Jones did for Luton. But I don't know if he is that person, or a busted flush.
  • edited January 29
    Having a mare tonight, guys ....sorry ! 
  • I hope we appoint Rowett. We very very rarely get the opportunity to piss off Millwall fans and I think this would. 
    The last time we did something similar we got Dowie....and look how that turned out !

Lets leave rival clubs managers alone shall we. 
  • Jones seemed to have the lost the plot at Southampton. Some of his interviews are really bizarre.
    The only good things to come out of Wales are the Stereophonics and golf courses. 
  • Sponsored links:

• If honest I would be more comfortable with a manager whom has succeeded at more than one club (ie Rowett); but if it is to be Jones I hope we get the inspirational Luton version. 

As someone else said he seems like a manager with two outcomes, real success or real failure and nothing in-between.
  • Rowett would be a great choice as he's done great everywhere he's been (except Stoke where everyone fails) and has that Charlton connection, but I suspect he'd be looking for a bigger job.

Delighted the club are pursuing Jones but suspect it would be sorted by now if it was going to happen.
    The only good things to come out of Wales are the Stereophonics and golf courses. 
    And Robert Reed, Magenta, Cyan, Angarhad Brinn
  • thenewbie said:
    My concern at the moment is how some are seeing Jones as a saviour or the new messiah or the right fit! What does ‘the right fit’ mean, he once had a post at the club?

Personally speaking I don't think he's a messiah necessarily but I do like the idea of him being able to impose a proper system and attitude throughout an entire club that reinvented it - to the extent that his own departure wasn't catastrophic and they went on to promotion.

This is precisely what needs to happen at Charlton - we've got a squad that just feels a bit listless and hodgepodge and (Dobson and May aside) currently doesn't seem to have much in the way of leadership or genuine belief.

The problem of course is that Jones succeeded once but has failed elsewhere - and our weird ownership structure will probably make things more difficult. 

We need someone to do for us what Jones did for Luton. But I don't know if he is that person, or a busted flush.
    Or if those egos behind the scenes will allow them/him do that?
  • Swisdom said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Wow, I had no idea Darren Moore is so out of favour. 
    He only got Sheff Wer promoted because they had a ridiculous wage budget and even then he only just managed it.  Seems he’s rather limited as managers go 
    Only just managed it is a harsh statement when they got nearly 100 points 

the 2nd leg against Peterborough was football dominance from start to finish 
  • We can only pray for the right appointment. 
  • edited January 30
    Jones seemed to have the lost the plot at Southampton. Some of his interviews are really bizarre.
    Literally one of the worst bands of all time. 

Nothing personal Golfie. I agree with you about literally everything else. 😬