Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• DPFC said:
    Zola lives in Bickley.  Mick Mcarthy lives in Chislehurst 
    I thought zola lived in chislehurst and McCarthy in farnborough village!  
    Paul Elliott lives in Farnborough Village and McCarthy in Chislehurst.  Thought Zola lived in Chelsfied, as did Gus Poyet.

Ben Reeves and Kishishev both lived in Bickely (in the roads either side of mine) when they were with the club.

You can't pop out for a pint of milk around here without bumping into a pro footballer.
    McCarthy I am sure would make a good speaker at Bromley Addicks meeting if we could find a Charlton connection.
    Had him along quite a few years ago.
  • Someone start a thread on footballers who live nearby 

I'd take Rowett or Jones but of course they have to accept the job and the structure 
  • I used to drink in the Black Horse in Locksbottom, about thirty five years or so ago, so you might have seen me in there.

• DPFC said:
    Paul Elliott lives in Farnborough Village and McCarthy in Chislehurst.  Thought Zola lived in Chelsfied, as did Gus Poyet.

Ben Reeves and Kishishev both lived in Bickely (in the roads either side of mine) when they were with the club.

You can't pop out for a pint of milk around here without bumping into a pro footballer.
    My source is that Zola lived in chislehurst road and a friend of a friend done some work there.  As for big mick, he used to watch me play Sunday football!  I played for farnborough on Sundays and he’d stop and watch with his dog so my assumption was he lived walking distance! 
  • Nick Pope used to live across the road from me 
  • DPFC said:

You can't pop out for a pint of milk Guinness around here without bumping into a pro footballer Marcus Rashford.

• DPFC said:

My source is that Zola lived in chislehurst road and a friend of a friend done some work there.  As for big mick, he used to watch me play Sunday football!  I played for farnborough on Sundays and he’d stop and watch with his dog so my assumption was he lived walking distance! 
    Mick Mccarthy lived in worlds end Lane in Chelsfield. 
    So did Gus Poyet and Tony Jiminez.
    All three lived about 400 metres from one another. 
  • One current Charlton player lives on my development as does one former player.  And a Gillingham goalie.
  • Sponsored links:

• DPFC said:

Zola used to live a few doors away from a friend of mine in Petts Wood. I guess that’s close enough to Chislehurst
  • The fella who cuts Beckham’s hair lives opposite me. 
    And he cuts Djovovic’s hair at Wimbledon every year. 
    Never seen any footballers or bra factories in these parts though. 
  • ross1 said:
    It must be me, first I do not know anyone ITK, now I realise, that to my knowledge, I do not live near an ex-Charlton footballer or a football manager that is out of work. Perhaps I just don't get out enough 🤣
    Me neither, although I do have two pretty attractive neighbours... So silver lining n all that :D
  • Swisdom said:
    One current Charlton player lives on my development as does one former player.  And a Gillingham goalie.
    Sounds like Kings Hill. 

I viewed a house there back in the day, the owner was Bryan Hughes and I HH lived next door but one.,

Didnt buy it😏
  • Swisdom said:
    One current Charlton player lives on my development as does one former player.  And a Gillingham goalie.
    You got yourself one of those penthouses overlooking the Medway like Alfie?
  • Seen Macarthy at Sundridge Park Golf club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Graham Potter lives in my road. 
    But I don’t think I’ll quiz him about being the next Addicks manager.
  • Graham Potter lives in my road. 
    But I don’t think I’ll quiz him about being the next Addicks manager.
    Carford was gentrified pretty lively then.
  • Macronate said:
    Are these last 50 posts or so an effing joke?
    No mate, Zola really does live in the north west Kent area, I couldn’t believe it either
    Mental, I'd always had him down as living in the Sardinian region.
  • iamdan said:
    Has anyone done a Klopp joke yet?
    I presume 74 different people have made the attempted joke about his brother Klipperty.