Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Who will be the new Charlton coach? - p103. Nathan Jones confirmed

Comments

• RedChaser said:

Why are people digging Fleming out, it’s unnecessary, he’s just holding the reins until a new head coach / manager gets appointed. I thought he got the lads motivated to put their bodies on line against a team with the best home record in the league. Fair play to him and Pearcey for that.

Admittedly we were under the cosh first half and had the rub of the green but I couldn’t see any other result than defeat had Appleton still been in charge. 

The line up was always going be based on defence with the object of getting something from the game and that was mission accomplished by the caretakers and that’s all they are. In fact it was almost the perfect smash and grab in the final quarter. 

Whilst I don’t think anyone is digging Fleming out as such, I do very much agree with your final paragraph.

Fleming came in and did exactly what a caretaker needs to do in the position we are in, and try and get us through to the next manager without getting battered. We did that, though on another day I do think it could have gone the other way.

It’s almost like cup tie/knock out mentality, just getting the players up for that one/two games you are in charge. It’s very different to managing a team over a 46 game league campaign. 
  • Ex Palace player and current Wolves coach Shaun Derry viewing houses in Keston yesterday. 
  • RedChaser said:

Why are people digging Fleming out, it’s unnecessary, he’s just holding the reins until a new head coach / manager gets appointed. I thought he got the lads motivated to put their bodies on line against a team with the best home record in the league. Fair play to him and Pearcey for that.

Admittedly we were under the cosh first half and had the rub of the green but I couldn’t see any other result than defeat had Appleton still been in charge. 

The line up was always going be based on defence with the object of getting something from the game and that was mission accomplished by the caretakers and that’s all they are. In fact it was almost the perfect smash and grab in the final quarter. 

This...

He is not the right man for the role currently, but as shocking as we looked first half the difference and why we were not a few down at half time (apart from the Rhodes missed chance) was bodies back in the box. The previous weeks bodies in the box were missing, attacking players left with loads of space. Granted it was not pretty but the job was done, someone on here said "Keystone cops on ice" totally agree but they were there. As i say, he is not the answer but i thought at least he tried to defend...
  • Please ignore my previous comment. Apparently, Shaun Derry currently lives in Downe, and Gary O’Neill lives in Farnborough Park. 
  • edited January 30
  • I hope we appoint Rowett. We very very rarely get the opportunity to piss off Millwall fans and I think this would. 
    The last time we did something similar we got Dowie....and look how that turned out !

Let’s leave rival clubs managers alone shall we. 
    Not sure that you’ve noticed that Rowett isn’t a rival teams manager.
  • PWADDICK said:
    Why has this thread turned into an episode of location location location?
    My wife has just explained what this means. Trying to match humour with those who sit at home watching daytime  TV can be exhausting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Jones seemed to have the lost the plot at Southampton. Some of his interviews are really bizarre.
    The only good things to come out of Wales are the Stereophonics and golf courses. 
    and Gareth Edwards and Barry John :)
  • masicat said:
    Ex Palace player and current Wolves coach Shaun Derry viewing houses in Keston yesterday. 
    He lives not far from there anyway. 
    seen him at the pubs in cudham, downe village and Locksbottom.

• Chunes said:
    masicat said:
    PWADDICK said:
    Why has this thread turned into an episode of location location location?
    My wife has just explained what this means. Trying to match humour with those who sit at home watching daytime  TV can be exhausting.
    Careful  @PWADDICK ... We all know what happens when masicat doesn't like your jokes!
    Was a joke ? My apologies. 
  • Zola lives in Bickley.  Mick Mcarthy lives in Chislehurst 
  • DPFC said:
    Zola lives in Bickley.  Mick Mcarthy lives in Chislehurst 
    I thought zola lived in chislehurst and McCarthy in farnborough village!  
  • When they were both Irish internationals, Curtis Fleming's room mate was Mark Kinsella
  • Sponsored links:

• When they were both Irish internationals, Curtis Fleming's room mate was Mark Kinsella
    yea but where do they live?
  • edited January 30
    What we need from a manager/caretaker now is different to what we might need with a full season in front of us. My point is that Fleming shouldn't get the job unless he does something marvelous but in the short term we don't need marvelous, we need to put a few results together from a fragile squad which will get us out of danger. The players need building up and I would like to see if him and Pearce can give us a bounce. Then we can review the situation, hopefully from a position of relative safety. Get a new manager in immediately and if it doesn't work, we are a bit stuck whereas Fleming and Pearce can step down at any time if they are not working. I am working from a position of don't knows and possibilities, I find it incredible that others seem to be from certainties.
  • ads said:
    When they were both Irish internationals, Curtis Fleming's room mate was Mark Kinsella
    yea but where do they live?
    and what are their houses worth.

• Stuart Fleetwood lives in my hometown...
  • Stuart Fleetwood lives in my hometown...
    is that Mick's bro ?
  • iamdan said:
    Has anyone done a Klopp joke yet?
    For now he probably lives somewhere in the north west.
  • DPFC said:
    Zola lives in Bickley.  Mick Mcarthy lives in Chislehurst 
    I thought zola lived in chislehurst and McCarthy in farnborough village!  
    Paul Elliott lives in Farnborough Village and McCarthy in Chislehurst.  Thought Zola lived in Chelsfied, as did Gus Poyet.

Ben Reeves and Kishishev both lived in Bickely (in the roads either side of mine) when they were with the club.

You can't pop out for a pint of milk around here without bumping into a pro footballer.
    McCarthy I am sure would make a good speaker at Bromley Addicks meeting if we could find a Charlton connection.