Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Burton Albion vs Charlton Athletic: Sat 20th January 2024 | KO 15:00

18910111214»

Comments

• Options
    Right now I would probably drop Coventry. Either way we’ve got to get Louie Watson in the team.
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    I think that lack of width is going to be a real problem for us

That's why losing CBT is going to be a major problem unless you have good wing backs or attacking full back similar to a fit Wiggins unless you have forwards (if you play 3 up front) who can emulate Taylor/Grant who could move from Central to Wide and back again depending which side we were attacking from.

3-5-2 can be great to watch when you are playing well and with confidence but a nightmare when it breaks down and you are hit in transition with the shape in tatters.

I do like two strikers in tandem but the wing back scenario will only work with quality fit players who can cross well and defend well which begs the question why are they at a team in the lower reaches of the 3rd tier !
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Surprised there are no Charlton players there 😂
    Ah! You need the Sky Bet League One shit rated from the weekend... Easy mistake!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    se9addick said:
    Right now I would probably drop Coventry. Either way we’ve got to get Louie Watson in the team.
    Posted this earlier, but I think we need radical change:

Isted
    Asiimwe REG Gillesphey Thomas Edun
                              Coventry
                     Bakinson       Watson
                          May   Ladapo 

Assimwe and Edun can both get up the pitch from what we’ve seen. Not at the same time, preferably. 
    If things don’t work, obvious substitutions are available. 
    Yet again though, not sure if any of that back three are leaders of men types. All seem a bit quiet when interviewed. 
    I'd go with that, not sure Appleton will though. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I'd drop Dobbo. Might be controversial. But with our run of form, time to freshen things up.
    I said the same earlier up the thread. That midfield three probably doesn’t work together (Haven’t seen Coventry or Bakinson, but from comments hear they are very similar). Would bring L Watson back in for Dobson. 

Bring pressure on Watson/Edun to create in the final 3rd in this formation. Imagine we will see some changes in the back 3. It’s tough for Ness having barely played the whole season and two matches later being dropped again. 
    Without a doubt you have to find a way of playing that suits the players we have, whether dropping Dobbo is the answer I'm not sure. It's worth remembering that by all accounts we dominated the midfield on Saturday and the chances created probably confirm that, my concern would be that back three and the right wing back position, we've leaked goals all season, that needs to stop.  
  • Options
    edited January 22
    Agree with that team Mr. Seed. I sincerely hope Tennai and Jones are both taken out of the team tomorrow.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Agree with that team Mr. Seed. I sincerely hope Tennai and Jones are both taken out of the team tomorrow.
    Cheers, Chunsey. 
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Crocombe looked like Iker Casillas in comparison to our goalies on that performance 
  • Options
    All the optimism over our new signings blown away after 90 odd minutes. 
    Makes no difference who we sign with this clown in charge. 
    Get rid now and give the new bloke a chance to see what's needed in the summer 
    The definition of madness, according to Einstein, was "... doing the same thing over and over and over again and expecting a different result" .

What you are asking for here, according to Einstein, is madness.

The second things go wrong in toxicvalleyworld is a cry to sack the manager. Appleton has proven he can bring success at this level. He isn't the problem. 
    I've been posting on here since 2014.
    During the last ten years i've read plenty of stupid posts. 
    But congratulations you have outdone them all.
        Yes this is without question a strange understanding of a very poor first division manager 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options

Would any of you Guys have Lee Bowyer back ?
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:

Think so, depending on the alternatives. He’s not at the top of my list. 
  • Options
    Too much crab /safety first football with us , no one wants to gamble, Louie Watson is a front foot positive footballer, yes he may not be in the best of form but looks to make things happen .
    With CBT gone we have limited ability to make something out of nothing , Rak Sakyi saved us from this shitstorm last season .
    We may just need a new manager bounce to get us to safety .
    More comfort chocolate , more poo, no sleep  ffs
    i can highly recommend Marks & Spencer’s chocolate covered custard creams , not for the faint hearted , super expensive 6 for £2.50 ffs can be sickly if you’re not hardcore but it’s a king of biscuits and worth a gamble , enjoy .
    I get that your gut issues are part of your biography as you often refer to it on here and have for a long while. Has no-one ever pointed out how 5 a day  (fruit and veg) could help solve your issues, and fermented foods, including the benefits of live yoghurt? 
    Yes , I’ve had a few different diets etc and the change in gut action isn’t that great but I do go on runs of no chocolate and healthy eating every so often , just need an upturn in Charlton’s fortunes to move me away from this comfort eating .

tried the M&S milk chocolate coated bourbon creams tonight , reasonable and not as sickly but the custard cream one is the winner 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    se9addick said:
    Posted this earlier, but I think we need radical change:

Isted
    Asiimwe REG Gillesphey Thomas Edun
                              Coventry
                     Bakinson       Watson
                          May   Ladapo 

Assimwe and Edun can both get up the pitch from what we’ve seen. Not at the same time, preferably. 
    If things don’t work, obvious substitutions are available. 
    Yet again though, not sure if any of that back three are leaders of men types. All seem a bit quiet when interviewed. 
    Very similar to what I’d go with but don’t think Appleton will.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    1968CAFC said:

Who’s at the Top James ?
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:

i'd have bowyer or CP back like a shot - both proved they could put a team together and get promoted - even better if they gave curbs a role in the setup - manager's advisor or something - the peacock role - as much or as little as he'd want to do - never gonna happen coz its all too obvious, would be too successful and get fans back on side - ridiculous to even consider it 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    1968CAFC said:

i'd have bowyer or CP back like a shot - both proved they could put a team together and get promoted - even better if they gave curbs a role in the setup - manager's advisor or something - the peacock role - as much or as little as he'd want to do - never gonna happen coz its all too obvious, would be too successful and get fans back on side - ridiculous to even consider it 
           I am certain the real loyal fans would love that, as personally I think our present manager is completely out of his depth and does not inspire confidence at all !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1968CAFC said:

Lee is my first choice 
    2:   Neil Warnock
    3:    Gary Rowett
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:

Nah, we have enough midfielders thanks.
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:
    JamesSeed said:
    1968CAFC said:

Who’s at the Top James ?
    Just from what I've read here probably Duff (who might accept the job) and Rowett (who might not). But I'm not really very knowledgeable about which managers are and aren't available.
  • Options
    edited January 23
    1968CAFC said:
    DOUCHER said:
    1968CAFC said:

I am certain the real loyal fans would love that, as personally I think our present manager is completely out of his depth and does not inspire confidence at all !!
    It’s what I’d do if I owned us - no brainer
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:

Lee is my first choice 
    2:   Neil Warnock
    3:    Gary Rowett
    Agreed re Warnock 100%