Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Burton Albion Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 20th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Still think we'll win this. Early-ish leveller then one or two later as Burton tire and we bring on subs. Much better energy in the midfield and good movement up front.  Thomas playing well, Edun okay, Watson, Ness and Jones not been good enough. Agree with those saying Asiimwe should start and Ness and Jones should be under pressure from the newbies for the next game.
  • Options
    edited January 20
    Lol we do not deserve to be behind here at all.

Possession 26-74
    Passing Acc % 50-83
    Shots 3-9
    Shots Inside Area 1-5
    xG 0.07 - 0.56
    Corners 0-1

For all the ball we've had 0.5-xg isn't great is it
  • Options
    May's offside goal was onside according to CTV.

May should have had a penalty.

C & B raving about 'Bakinsale'.
  • Options
    I have to feel a bit sorry for Appleton. 

Picks a good side, plays well , creates chances , dominates play.

And concedes. .  
  • Options
    Just noticed Chair scored for QPR against Millwall. Did he come off the bench?
    Yes, but sofa he's only scored once.

Needs another to provide a cushion. 

• Options
    I really cant decide on that Edun penalty.

I dont envy the Referee there - He was damned either way I reckon with his decision
  • Options
    Curbs calling it a defo pen when Edun went down, Brownie now thinking the same!
  • Options
    mogodon said:
    This suggests that the manager is now at the stage where only a few wins will regain support from the terraces. The board have let him sign who he wants so surely havwe to give him time to bed them in?  But the risk is that if he isn't good enough then if they delay it will be too late to save us from the drop. A tough few weeks ahead.
    He lost the fans weeks ago. Was getting pelters in every away ends over the festive period
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I thought we were supposed to be amazed at how good our defence looks when it's got a new midfield in front of it...........
    It has been... Unfortunately their goal was very route one, and took the Midfield out of the equation. 
    What has been?
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Laddick01 said:
    Pleased with all the new signings

Not impressed by Ness sadly. Need better in a back 3.

Watson also uninspiring at best.

Edun could be very good in this system.
    Ness was fine. Jones responsible for the goal. Listen to Curbs and Brownie.
    Agree for the goal. Watson is probably too high and Jones is too deep (something that seems to happen quite a bit)

Just don't think that right side has operated very well. Slow distribution and often inaccurate.
    Jones left their player run through and shoot. He didn't show him down the line, he didn't try and engage. 

He's been off the boil in recent weeks 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 20

Possession 26-74
    Passing Acc % 50-83
    Shots 3-9
    Shots Inside Area 1-5
    xG 0.07 - 0.56
    Corners 0-1

Another interpretation:

• Options
    I'm fairly sure May was onside for the goal and the penalty was valid. 

Let's imagine for a moment we get both those goals, they don't get near us, we crush their confidence. 
  • Options
    It'll be okay, MA is known for making great subs 
    That could be handy, he might need to consider a career change if we lose this game
  • Options
    Thats a penalty all day long, the refs had a mare, he had a perfect view of that foul on Edun
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    We'll  win this easy. Burton are crap and it's just a matter of time
    Keeping receipts on the lols for this one. See you at 90 mins 🫡
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    I thought we were supposed to be amazed at how good our defence looks when it's got a new midfield in front of it...........
    It has been... Unfortunately their goal was very route one, and took the Midfield out of the equation. 
    What has been?
    The Midfield has helped the Defence out a lot more this week - We've looked a lot less toothless without having to rely on Anderson and Watson in support of Dobson, or is that a shocking revelation?
  • Options
    2nd half turn around needed then. Just like last week. 

Expecting to turn this around as everyone is saying we are the better team & creating all the chances. 
    Sorry we lost last week.
  • Options
    It is shocking defending from Jones, showing him inside to shoot. Proper Adam Matthews impression there.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    I'm fairly sure May was onside for the goal and the penalty was valid. 

Let's imagine for a moment we get both those goals, they don't get near us, we crush their confidence. 
    They did come from 2-0 down against Derby to 2-2 (before losing 3-2) on Monday night though.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Addick_8 said:
    I’m anti Appleton but don’t think we look as poor today. My only gripe is I think Asiimwe should be starting. 
    Think we have been a little unlucky so far. Really like the look of Barkinson. 
    Big 45 mins for MA here. 
    Curbs called Bakinson Bakinsale! Classic. lol
    Now CBT is on his way he needs to find another name to get wrong!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

He’s been at QPR a while and become part of the furniture. They are moving up the table.
  • Options
    edited January 20
    Croydon said:

Possession 26-74
    Passing Acc % 50-83
    Shots 3-9
    Shots Inside Area 1-5
    xG 0.07 - 0.56
    Corners 0-1

For all the ball we've had 0.5-xg isn't great is it
    Third highest xG number in the division behind only Peterborough and Bristol Rovers who, funnily enough,  are also behind at half time.
  • Options
    Jayajosh said:
    Very harsh to boo the team after that half. 
    Boos are aimed at management not players imo
    Which makes even less sense. We’ve been all over them and haven’t managed to score. Not sure how that’s the management’s fault. 
  • Options
    We have had a few decent efforts but are playing too much in front of Burton, who have little difficulty in staying in shape. Burton’s one meaningful attack sees them ahead. From where I was sitting, Jones should have tried to show their guy outside.

A general lack of penetration from both wing backs is a real problem in this formation. A pity that Asiimwe’s not on the bench, as we need more strength and directness, especially if we’re chasing the game.

We need to brace ourselves for much time wasting if we can’t make an early breakthrough.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:

He’s been at QPR a while and become part of the furniture. They are moving up the table.
    Sofa... So good then?
  • Options
    Interesting contrast in the coaching area on 28 mins -
    Burton boss furiously barking out precise positional
    adjustments. 

Our bloke has a bobble hat on and hands in pockets. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:

Possession 26-74
    Passing Acc % 50-83
    Shots 3-9
    Shots Inside Area 1-5
    xG 0.07 - 0.56
    Corners 0-1

Another interpretation:

As posted above, only two teams have a higher number than us today so far.
  • Options

Teams back out, no changes.

SURPRISE, SURPRISE
  • Options
    He never misses a sitter
    He's got the stadium rocking.
  • Options

And we're back under way. Charlton shooting towards the away fans this half
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!