Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Burton Albion Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 20th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    FFS another inspired keeper

Against Carlisle their keeper was inspired, but has been so rubbish in every other game , they've replaced him
    Was just about to say this.

We have been significantly better overall. But the big difference between both teams have been the defence and keeper.
  • Options
    Like the look of their keeper 
  • Options
    This muddy nearside is a problem for us as our attacks all seem to be down the left. Second half we have the better wing for our current strategy.
  • Options
    1. 40'

Post update

Tayo Edun (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 40'

Post update

Foul by Jake Caprice (Burton Albion).

• Options
    Ridiculous that we're 1-0 down.

Some good signs. Ladapo, Coventry and Edun all with some sharp touches.
  • Options
    Ref is a donut.
  • Options
    Posh losing 0-1
  • Options
    Really need that goal before half time otherwise could be an uphill battle! 
  • Options
    Well one good thing amongst all the usual dross is that Coventry looks a player.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Appleton being mocked by the Charlton fans 
  • Options

Booking for Helm, hauls down Ness on halfway
  • Options
    Pulls him down and kicks it away? 

Ref?
  • Options
    Saw 9 pages and I was convinced even against my judgement…. We must be winning and everyone is loving it. 

I presume if we lose this nobody will be waffling shit about a season going nowhere and mid table.

this is a relegation battle pure and simple and 100pc of the forum must now realise it.

I think Apples needs two goals to save his job. I would be sacking him if we don’t win this - no doubt. It would be catastrophic to go down.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Get your hands out your pockets?
  • Options

Charlton fans are singing "Get your hands out your pockets" and "he ain't got a clue" at Michael Appleton
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    What they saying…?
  • Options
    Fans chanting “get your hands out your pockets” at Appleprick 🤣
  • Options
    Thought that was in! Edun with a fantastic ball to Bakinson. Just outside the post 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Pulls him down and kicks it away? 

Ref?
    Referee did the same last week, when the Posh 'keeper was timewasting, and then kicked the ball away when he was about to be booked
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well one good thing amongst all the usual dross is that Coventry looks a player.
    We'll get a million for him in the summer then
  • Options
    Batkinson just inches away from equalising. 
  • Options
    Argh, it’s just going to be one of those games isint it.

Keeper will either make a great save, or we will just miss - and then at the back we will give an easy goal. 
  • Options

Another chance from the edge of the box, slipped in by Edun to Bakinson, he side foots wide of the far-post. Charlton probing but most of the chances are coming from around the edge of the area.
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    What they saying…?
    se9addick said:
    Get your hands out your pockets?
    You got it.
  • Options
    One sided game or not. Loosing again relegation battle on 
  • Options
    Really frustrating half. We should be ahead by now 
  • Options
    Ffs that's a great move. Reasonable effort too from Bakinson.
  • Options
    Bakinson shot just wide of the right hand post...another chance gone...COYR we can win this one
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!