Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Burton Albion Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 20th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Lol we do not deserve to be behind here at all.

Possession 26-74
    Passing Acc % 50-83
    Shots 3-9
    Shots Inside Area 1-5
    xG 0.07 - 0.56
    Corners 0-1

• Options
    Watching in the pub. Nobody can believe we are not winning. 
  • Options
    edited January 20
    Pleased with all the new signings

Not impressed by Ness sadly. Need better in a back 3.

Watson also uninspiring at best.

Edun could be very good in this system.
  • Options
    There is always a feeling if dread and fear when Thomas picks up the ball at the back.
    Bit unfair, been our best defender by far in the last game and a half
    Which probably tells you all you need to know tbh.
  • Options
    edited January 20
    I’m anti Appleton but don’t think we look poor so far. My only gripe is I think Asiimwe should be starting. 
    Think we have been a little unlucky. Really like the look of Barkinson. 
    Big 45 mins for MA here. 
  • Options
    Big second half for Crappleton.
     Come off of it. We have been the dominant side. I find no issue with our tactics today. 

We were denied a clear penalty for me and we have had 3 or 4 decent shots and several more less so. 

Jones once again is the issue for the goal. Ness misses the header sure, but Watson is tracking back and again Jones fails to pressure his man. A carbon copy of the goal last week. 
  • Options
    Dobson is a creative genius now.
  • Options
    Very harsh to boo the team after that half. 
    Boos are aimed at management not players imo
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Laddick01 said:

Ness has been fine, Jones looks very shakey in a back 3. He should’ve been covering in case Ness doesn’t win the header 
  • Options
    Just noticed Chair scored for QPR against Millwall. Did he come off the bench?
    No, it just sat nicely for him.
  • Options
    It'll be okay, MA is known for making great subs and turning games around in the second half. 
  • Options
    Let’s hope Gillesphey and Reg are better than Ness and Jones
  • Options
    edited January 20
    Lol we do not deserve to be behind here at all.

Possession 26-74
    Passing Acc % 50-83
    Shots 3-9
    Shots Inside Area 1-5
    xG 0.07 - 0.56
    Corners 0-1

MA just texted this to the Cafc Directors WhatsApp group
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Ness was fine. Jones responsible for the goal. Listen to Curbs and Brownie.
  • Options
    Even when we’re better we’re depressing!!!  Really promising signs but the same old same old at the back. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    We'll  win this easy. Burton are crap and it's just a matter of time
    I think we will.  One thing Appleton seems to be good at is firing a rocket up them at half time.  Come out like we did 2nd half v Peterborough and we'll be 3-1 up by 70 minutes.

With a decent defence we would have a good foundation of a team but we're to mistake ridden/ poor at the back.  

Prioritise signing a keeper and a defence this summer.
  • Options
    Addick_8 said:
    I’m anti Appleton but don’t think we look as poor today. My only gripe is I think Asiimwe should be starting. 
    Think we have been a little unlucky so far. Really like the look of Barkinson. 
    Big 45 mins for MA here. 
    Curbs called Bakinson Bakinsale! Classic. lol
  • Options
    Are we in meltdown?  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought we were supposed to be amazed at how good our defence looks when it's got a new midfield in front of it...........
  • Options
    This suggests that the manager is now at the stage where only a few wins will regain support from the terraces. The board have let him sign who he wants so surely havwe to give him time to bed them in?  But the risk is that if he isn't good enough then if they delay it will be too late to save us from the drop. A tough few weeks ahead.
  • Options
    Been much the better side. Burton have literally done nothing but defend solidly, and then the one quick direct attack they had we decided to have our typical defensive meltdown.

That being said for all our dominance, it just feels like we lack a ‘spark’ - it’s all very rigid and workmanlike. Our play seems to reflect appletons personality which is not a good thing.

We need a bit of fire and intensity. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Laddick01 said:

Ness was fine. Jones responsible for the goal. Listen to Curbs and Brownie.
    Agree for the goal. Watson is probably too high and Jones is too deep (something that seems to happen quite a bit)

Just don't think that right side has operated very well. Slow distribution and often inaccurate.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    I thought we were supposed to be amazed at how good our defence looks when it's got a new midfield in front of it...........
    It has been... Unfortunately their goal was very route one, and took the Midfield out of the equation. 
  • Options
    Let’s hope Gillesphey and Reg are better than Ness and Jones
    That bar is so low you'll need a JCB to find it
  • Options
    mogodon said:
    This suggests that the manager is now at the stage where only a few wins will regain support from the terraces. The board have let him sign who he wants so surely havwe to give him time to bed them in?  But the risk is that if he isn't good enough then if they delay it will be too late to save us from the drop. A tough few weeks ahead.
    He has 1 win in 11. I think we've already been very generous with him. 
  • Options
    We started with, basically, the same back 6. Why did Appleton think that today it would be any different. A shambles of a goal and we’re on the back foot again. 
  • Options
    The only mistake Ness has made is missing that header... Jones should have pressured his man. 
    Watson got from the half way line to on the players heels.
    Jones invited the guy in and even let him step across for a clear shot on goal.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!