Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Burton Albion Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 20th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    My concern is the board have backed Appleton by signing his ex players…this could go very badly quickly if we don’t win today or next week 
  • Options
    Lovely effort Bakinson, he deserves a goal today, and Edun deserves an assist based on their performances!!
    I really like Bakinson. Scared to give my heart to a loanee, been hurt too many times before.
  • Options
    Bakinson & Coventry ++ Good half.
    Jones - Bad half
    Ladapo / not able to make a call.
  • Options
    edited January 20
    HT 1-0..."Never before" ...etc..we  deserve to be at least 2 up going on chances created, and let ourselves down defensively for their opener...plus a pen not given, even Brownie thought it was a pen...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Boo
  • Options
    As scores stand, Burton are above us with a goal difference of -14, we have GD of 0. Just shows what careless goals conceded has done.
  • Options

One minute added
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 20
    The ‘get your hands out your pockets’ chant went straight over the Burton commentators heads.
  • Options
    My concern is the board have backed Appleton by signing his ex players…this could go very badly quickly if we don’t win today or next week 
    We've signed six players this window, and two have worked with Appleton previously?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Big second half for Crappleton.
  • Options
    Thomas has had a good half, dealt with things defensively, built well from the back on the shit side of the pitch, and nearly scored a brilliant goal. 
  • Options
    Need three points today. Burton are shit. It's a decent first half performance but excuses have run out for Appleton.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Like the look of their keeper 

Thought that said manager for a moment 😂😂
  • Options
    Are we just cursed ?
  • Options
    Boos if they were from the Charlton fans were harsh as the HT whistle went
  • Options
    edited January 20
    se9addick said:
    Appleton being mocked by the Charlton fans 
    What are they singing/ shouting? Edit. Sorry been answered 
  • Options
    Good half from us but for the usual switch off at the back. The 2 new defenders wont be sitting on the bench for many games I wouldnt think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2nd half turn around needed then. Just like last week. 

Expecting to turn this around as everyone is saying we are the better team & creating all the chances. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Appleton being mocked by the Charlton fans 
    What are they singing/ shouting?
    get your hands out your pockets 
  • Options
    There is always a feeling if dread and fear when Thomas picks up the ball at the back.
    Bit unfair, been our best defender by far in the last game and a half
  • Options
    Very harsh to boo the team after that half. 
    PTSD mate.
  • Options
    I'm not worried we're in a relegation battle.

Once Appleton gets his own players we will be fine.

What's that? He has got his own players now?

Oh s**t.
  • Options
    I know we haven’t scored from one yet but it’s nice to be creating chances from set pieces 
  • Options
    Are we just cursed ?

No- we have an inadequate defence.  
  • Options
    Just noticed Chair scored for QPR against Millwall. Did he come off the bench?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Lovely effort Bakinson, he deserves a goal today, and Edun deserves an assist based on their performances!!
    I really like Bakinson. Scared to give my heart to a loanee, been hurt too many times before.
    Yeah been my favourite transfer this window - Just hope he's not one of these playing for a Contract, and we'll see him relax once he's got it.
  • Options
    So frustrating. We've played really well yet we are one down. We are by far the better team but we have to take advantage in the second half otherwise there will be massive pressure on Apples. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!