Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Burton Albion Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 20th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Some of the pitch looks in a dreadful state. 
    Almost as bad a state as our defence.
  • Options
    Need to score 4 to win with this mob at the back 
  • Options
    After a good season until recently, I have to wonder if Jones keeps his place as we start to integrate the new signings. Slow to read the flick on, slow to close down Helm. 
  • Options
    No clean sheet again, bring in the new players MA, that is why we got tjhem
  • Options
    Ooopsie!

Laugh peeps, alternative is to cry...
  • Options
    Lol, we are actually cursed
    No we are shit.
  • Options
    Burton are rubbish. 
    Sorry, that was my fault!!!
  • Options
    Still a CB short. Don't trust any of these 3 
  • Options
    Ness was.playing quite well before that imo
  • Options
    Burton are rubbish. 
    Oops!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Edun with a nice low cross into the box but their Goalkeeper gathers
  • Options

Excellent finish from Mark Helm. Charlton lost out in an aerial battle in the middle of the park which meant Helm had space to advance, cuts in and curls into the bottom corner. Against the run of play but its now 15 without a clean sheet.

• Options
    23 mins of complete dominance.

Weak defence.  

• Options
    Didnt take long did it. 

All change at half time.....back to 4-3-2-1 or whatever system we've been playing lately  
  • Options
    That was so easy. 

Watson nowhere to be seen and Jones just backs off and invites the shot. Our defence is absolutely pony
  • Options
    edited January 20
    Same old defence…playing to the oppositions strengths…poor poor n more poor…!!!

but do feel we have enough in us to turn this around,not said that for awhile,so il just hope…
  • Options
    Ness is not a L1 player at this time.

Need the new CBs on the pitch.
  • Options
    Awful defending from Watson, who didn’t track back, Ness who over committed and Jones who didn’t show the player on the outside.

Pub league defending.
  • Options
    Ness shouldn’t be in the team. Maynard Brewer doing his swan dive. 
    Same crap different team 
  • Options
    At least Millwall are losing as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 20
    I read that we look good on page 2. Jumped to page 6 and we're 1 nil down!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:
    After a good season until recently, I have to wonder if Jones keeps his place as we start to integrate the new signings. Slow to read the flick on, slow to close down Helm. 
    If Hector was fit there'd certainly be conversations to have 
  • Options
    1. 27'

Post update

Attempt saved. Joe Hugill (Burton Albion) right footed shot from outside the box is saved.

• Options
    I didn't want to believe it, but we are genuinely in a relegation battle aren't we?

• Options
    Worst case now, is Burton have the goal to defend, so can sit back even more than they have been
  • Options
    Hector again !!
  • Options
    Very competitive side but not a lot of creativity on the pitch is the thing. 
  • Options
    I didn't want to believe it, but we are genuinely in a relegation battle aren't we?

Yep and we won’t sack the manager 
  • Options
    May scores, but offside having broken the offside trap - Terry Smith agrees with the decision on replay
  • Options
    Sign as many attackers and midfielders as you like but with this defence we are going nowhere. 
    We signed 2 defenders.

Maybe it's the manager 🤷‍♂️
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!