Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

MATCH THREAD : Burton Albion Vs Charlton Athletic : Saturday 20th January 2024 : KO 15:00

Comments

• Options
    Jones didn't even jump for the first header. What's happened to him these past few weeks?
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Felt at HT that we'd shown enough in the first-half to make a go of it second-half but we can let goals in for fun can't we. BBC Derby co-comm behind me suggests on air we have a 'soft touch' - he should watch us every week because he's bang right
    I really wouldn't recommend watching us every week. 
  • Options
    Unbelievable....
  • Options
    Just can't defend, had much more joy watching the darts as opposed to watching this bunch of no hopers. No joy what so ever.
  • Options
    Can't even blame Appleton for that shit defending. Indefensible 
    True. It’s not like he’s head coach or anything.
  • Options
    edited January 20
    And whoever coaches our defence should be sacked
  • Options
    I also think our time supporting the managers with no eyebrows union is nearing an end.  We need a manager who can raise one or both so we know when he’s surprised/joking/quizzical.
  • Options
    Unbelievable....
    Jeff?
  • Options
    He’s gotta get the sack soon surely 
  • Options

Ladapo controls and fires over the bar from a tight angle
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bar Ipswich at home..I don't think we do big come backs.....useless.
  • Options
    Is Appleton cursed ?
  • Options
    Now have a negative GD
  • Options
    Why are we now predominantly playing down the right?

FFS Edun now has the smooth side of the pitch. Play down the left.
  • Options
    Mr Bean strikes again!
  • Options
    Posh 1-1
    Orient 1-0
  • Options
    Don't get the " we've had a shot" chant, we've had plenty of shots and reasonable attacking play.

It's the pub league defending which is the problem 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why are we now predominantly playing down the right?

FFS Edun now has the smooth side of the pitch. Play down the left.
    Appleton is short sighted and refuses to wear Glasses so he can see over the other side of the pitch
  • Options
    Ironic singing from Charlton fans "We've had a shot" as Ladapo smashes it over their bar from a tight angle. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting contrast in the coaching area on 28 mins -
    Burton boss furiously barking out precise positional
    adjustments. 

Our bloke has a bobble hat on and hands in pockets. 
    Does he overly need to do anything at the moment? - We basically controlled the first half, apart from one long ball that wasnt dealt with properly

So whatever he got them to do pre-game doesnt really need to be changed whilst you're in control.

Barking out orders every few minutes, just has the ability to confuse the players... e.g. see Adkins
    There's one example of how Apple's disengagement on the sidelines is poor management
    Some players take the hint from him
    He's obviously not bothered, why should I be?
    None of them enjoy getting bollocked they'd stay on their toes to avoid it
    Many of them are as dim as dim can be and need frequent reminders precisely what the Eff they're out there for

Apples matchday demeanour is telling as to the depth of his involvement - The utterly unforgivable shitness of the defending gifting Burton their 2 goals has to piss him off unless he genuinely doesn't give a shit, Apples watched it all and didn't react - the case for the prosecution rests.
  • Options
    We've tried 4 'nice guy' managers in a row. Think it's time for a real bastard.

Joey Barton or Steve Evans anyone? :wink:

• Options
    Why cant the board and new owners see Appleton for what he is ‘a useless twat’
    Were only going one direction with this goof in charge
  • Options
    A decent manager with this squad would absolutely batter Burton 
  • Options
    edited January 20
    We're f'in playing it around in our half like WE were 2 up...FFS SHOW SOME URGENCY...🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Jones didn't even jump for the first header. What's happened to him these past few weeks?
    To be honest, he hasn’t been great all season.. he has cost us more goals than Hector
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

I think many on here would put Appleton in that category ;)
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Is Appleton a nice guy ? 
  • Options
    I'm really not sure Edun and Watson know what their job is?
    Both look very uncomfortable 
  • Options
    I’d love to know how our stats for accurate crosses compare to other teams. Feels like almost never clear the first defender, regardless of who it’s is crossing or where on the pitch they are crossing from. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!