Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2024

Comments

• FFS Smith, we all wanted to see Jimmy bat  :D
  • Not looking good for anyone with tickets for the weekend. The way test cricket is played nowadays, it must be getting close to the point when they decide to cut the games to four days. It is not good for anyone when test matches regularly get completed with days to spare. Perhaps we need to start batting like there are five days! 
  • Not looking good for anyone with tickets for the weekend. The way test cricket is played nowadays, it must be getting close to the point when they decide to cut the games to four days. It is not good for anyone when test matches regularly get completed with days to spare. Perhaps we need to start batting like there are five days! 
    Not good for anyone with Friday tickets...  :#
  • Two first innings…

Holder 0 (1) b Atkinson

Atkinson 0 (1) b Holder

First time ever in a Test match?
  • Two first innings…

Holder 0 (1) b Atkinson

Atkinson 0 (1) b Holder

Andy Zaltzman said on TMS that it was the first time it had happened in a first innings (that he could find), has happened in the second innings a few times apparently.
    That’s me. Won’t bother going and hope we wrap it up in 15 overs. At least, I’ll get a refund.
  • I left work early and went up about 4.15. So frustrating all the people leaving in their egg and bacon and faded red trouser droves and no way of getting in. So many spare seats and only about 10 people trying to buy tickets to get in. Surely they could sell £50 tickets on door for last hour. Anyway, bit the bullet and bought a return in grandstand that appeared online knowing I’d get refund for sat and sun (and poss tomorrow afternoon) and had an enjoyable couple of hours. 
    At least 2 Charlton shirts on show, 1 in grandstand in front of where I perched and one in Compton upper in block along from where my husband was all day.
  • Unfortunately means we won’t make it to Canterbury for the women this evening! 
    That’s me. Won’t bother going and hope we wrap it up in 15 overs. At least, I’ll get a refund.
    0-15 overs is a full refund
    15-30 overs is a 50% refund

I've been to rain affected days at Lord's, where 33 overs have been bowled, and got nothing...
  • Sponsored links:

• I have been given a free tickets for the 3rd day of the test but have been wary on the score today hoping that the WI don’t get bowled out. My debut visit to Lords to watch cricket although I did go there on a school outing when I was a kid to see the museum and the ashes. There are four of us going with 4 bottles of Champagne. Hopefully we will get through them before the Windies are bowled out. 
  • The price of beer is easily the worst thing about attending international cricket, and it isn't particularly close 
  • I enjoyed Tuffers trying to stifle his giggles after Alison Mitchell said she had good memories of doing "bareback riding in the sea" in Jamaica.
    Found the clip!

https://x.com/AlexHartley93/status/1811454916730233063
  • I was there today in there today in the Edrich upper.Great view.Im there tomorrow in Compton upper to say farewell to an absolute legend.Will be an emotional day(if theres any play).Jimmy thanks for the memories.
    On to the game and what a talent we have in Jamie Smith.Looks claas.In fact the future looks good with Crawley Brook Smith Atkinson.Would of been good to see Bashir get a few overs.Maybe tomorrow..I hope.Dillon Pennington gets a chance at Trent Bridge.Looks a quality bowler.
    I feel for the Windies.I grew up watching them batter us everytime in the early 80's.Haynes Greenidge Richards Lloyd Logie Dujon Marshall Garner Holding Roberts.Even the likes of Ambrose Walsh Lara Richardson Chanderpaul Hooper W.Benjamin etc etc in the 90's.So sad to see the decline of West Indies cricket.I got my love for cricket watching that 80's team.I hope somehow they get back to their glory days but cant see it☹️
  • I'd forgotten that I'd watched Smith flaying Kent all over the park last year in the County Championship game at Canterbury where we were completely on top and they chased down 501...
  • All this rapturous welcome will look silly when the West Indies bat all day and finish the day on 350-8.
  • They should let him play another Test to overtake Warne. Only needs another 5. Then, once he's done that he should carry on 'til he overtakes Murali. Only needs 97 so he should get those before he reaches 50. 
  • So we want another 2 for jimmy and 1 for Atkinson so they get a 5fer and 10fer 

• Sponsored links:

• My favourite live Jimmy memory is being at Trent Bridge when he got his 81. I'm not sure I've ever celebrated a batsman getting a 50 so much! 
  • edited July 12
    Has there ever been a worse West Indies batting line up than this? Not their fault because they are so inexperienced and batting in very difficult conditions but the likes of both Scotland and Ireland would do better than 213-17. 
  • Has there ever been a worse West Indies batting line up than this? Not their fault because they are so inexperienced and batting in very difficult conditions but the likes of both Scotland and Ireland would do better than 213-17. 
    2000 was almost psychedelically bad from them tbf
  • 10 for Atkinson. Any other scenario, he'd be the headline maker  :D
  • Two first innings…

Holder 0 (1) b Atkinson

Atkinson 0 (1) b Holder

Andy Zaltzman said on TMS that it was the first time it had happened in a first innings (that he could find), has happened in the second innings a few times apparently.
    would love to know what database he uses to search for his stats
  • Has there ever been a worse West Indies batting line up than this? Not their fault because they are so inexperienced and batting in very difficult conditions but the likes of both Scotland and Ireland would do better than 213-17. 
    Only one of this West Indian side has a batting average of over 30.
    I cannot ever remembering that happening before. 
    I'd fancy the current Kent side against the West Indies at the moment...
  • Get Atkinson off, he's too good! 
  • We now know why McCullum isn't worried about the lack of game time that Bashir is getting in county cricket and is being given the opportunity to develop his game in the Test arena instead. Zero overs, zero wickets, zero catches and zero runs. TFC son, hope you enjoyed the lunches and teas. 
    I'd fancy the current Kent side against the West Indies at the moment...
    Steady on.