Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

England Cricket 2024

Comments

• One of the most disappointing things for me is how quiet the crowd is when the Windies hit a boundary - going back to the '70s and '80s, a crowd full of Caribbean supporters made the atmosphere. I suppose that is a reflection of how the game is now viewed and played by the relatives of those families.   
  • Chizz said:
    Thank goodness they changed the bowling.  This youngster looks a lot more dangerous than that old fella he replaced.
    The wicket came entirely because they mentally relaxed and thought they could attack the new guy, especially when he bowled a wide one 
  • Leuth said:
    Chizz said:
    Thank goodness they changed the bowling.  This youngster looks a lot more dangerous than that old fella he replaced.
    The wicket came entirely because they mentally relaxed and thought they could attack the new guy, especially when he bowled a wide one 
    It was a very lazy shot that's for sure
  • Boo, England bowling today. I don't want to spend tomorrow watching England bat!
    Come on Windies.
    They now need to bat all day.
  • One of the most disappointing things for me is how quiet the crowd is when the Windies hit a boundary - going back to the '70s and '80s, a crowd full of Caribbean supporters made the atmosphere. I suppose that is a reflection of how the game is now viewed and played by the relatives of those families.   
    And how expensive tickets and catering is.Maybe more supporters at the Oval..oh wait a minute 😳 
  • Alo I don't think Atkinson despite his pace is good enough. 
    Again I say this as a Surrey fan.

Hopefully both will prove me wrong 
    Started well!  Hopefully it carries on.
  • Atkinson bowling well here 
  • Gus Anderson Atkinson stealing the headlines
  • Sponsored links:

• Wonder who the last bowler was to get two Test wickets before conceding a Test run?
  • edited July 10
    Stokes showing, for the first real time in several years, how a proper all rounder can balance our side. Assuming that he does it with the bat too of course. When was the last time that he took the ball in a matter of the first hour or so of an innings? 
  • Awful pace attack on paper.
    88-6
    3 in 4 for Atkinson
    Atkinson 5-20
    It always works.
  • I feel partly to blame for Jimmy going wicketless. Had £25 on him to get a 5fer in the first innings 
    Shame Canters didn't tell you to put it on Atkinson? 
  • 5 for Atkinson 
    I can honestly say I've never seen him bowl this well for Surrey. 
    Hopefully Test cricket suits him and he goes on to have a great career. 
  • I feel partly to blame for Jimmy going wicketless. Had £25 on him to get a 5fer in the first innings 
    Can you bet £10 on Depay scoring tonight and the Dutch keeping a clean sheet, thanks.
    That'll no doubt backfire and he will get a hat-trick of headers off that stupid fucking headband 
  • Anyone know what the odds were before play of Anderson going wicketless? 
  • Sponsored links:

• 6 now for Atkinson. 
    Funny old game 
  • 7 for 36 now.
  • 7 for Atkinson
  • Chizz said:
    Boo, England bowling today. I don't want to spend tomorrow watching England bat!
    England have won every toss under Starmer
    Jimmy Anderson has taken zero Test wickets under Starmer
    Jimmy must be wondering why he turned out today
    Bowled decently (from his 2nd over onwards) and WI batters watched the ball sail by, blocked it proficiently or got enough edge on it to go safe.
    Two hours later and the Windies batters can't wait to get back to the pavilion offering up wickets like fielding practice, Ollie Pope's catch excepted.

Perhaps Stokes will let him bat at No.3 when Zak comes up with another of his braindead ways of getting out to moderate bowling.

• They'll bat like Boycott/Cook against Anderson just to make him even grumpier  :D
  • Jimmy's best ever figures are 7/42. Gus could beat it at the first time of asking! Should've got rid of him years ago  ;)
  •  He's never looked this quick for Surrey!
    Doing his best to make us look stupid. 
    Although in my case that's not hard.
  • 121 All out
    Last wicket goes to Anderson.
    Doing his best to make us look stupid. 
    Although in my case that's not hard.
    I think that rule applies to nearly all of us on CharltonLife  :D