Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POST-MATCH THREAD: Bristol Rovers vs Charlton Athletic: Friday 29th December 2023 | KO 19:45

167891012»

Comments

• I am getting fed up with the call to change manager, how many times have fans called for that. To see the owners do so and then what. We end up in the exact same position no change in performance or any thing like having a decent squad of players.
    I wonder what the common factor is.
  • I can’t see this ever happening but if Appleton is sacked, someone who could come in for the remainder of the season & definitely wouldn’t tolerate some of the shambolic performances we’ve been seeing is……… Neil Warnock.

I know he’s supposed to have finally retired, but he’s always had the knack of getting the best out of his players. Just a thought 🥴
  • I can’t see this ever happening but if Appleton is sacked, someone who could come in for the remainder of the season & definitely wouldn’t tolerate some of the shambolic performances we’ve been seeing is……… Neil Warnock.

I know he’s supposed to have finally retired, but he’s always had the knack of getting the best out of his players. Just a thought 🥴
    We should be looking for a manager for next season, Warnock is great at short term rescue jobs but not much point us getting him to rescue us from 12th to 10th. Need to look at getting ready for next season 
  • NabySarr said:
    I can’t see this ever happening but if Appleton is sacked, someone who could come in for the remainder of the season & definitely wouldn’t tolerate some of the shambolic performances we’ve been seeing is……… Neil Warnock.

We should be looking for a manager for next season, Warnock is great at short term rescue jobs but not much point us getting him to rescue us from 12th to 10th. Need to look at getting ready for next season 
    Steve Evans
  • Do we have/can we buy enough pies to tempt Steve Evans though? 
  • NabySarr said:
    I can’t see this ever happening but if Appleton is sacked, someone who could come in for the remainder of the season & definitely wouldn’t tolerate some of the shambolic performances we’ve been seeing is……… Neil Warnock.

Steve Evans
    He was my first choice when we sacked Holden but I know he is not nice enough for some fans. 

I would love to see the conversation he would have with the likes of Fraser. 
  • edited December 2023
    NabySarr said:

Steve Evans
    The crazy thing is, I wouldn't be against it anymore even as a social experiment.

I am convinced we are one of the softest sides in the 92 and it's almost ingrained in our club DNA. I'd be very curious to see if he could get a tune out of this quiet band.

I've personally never liked Evans, and was always a fan of Bowyers remarks about him 😂

I did however always love this quote though: 

Gregory had stirred matters up ahead of the match by saying he reckoned "Rotherham would bottle it", but shortly after the Yorkshire club had sealed the win, a visibly exuberant Evans responded: "A Millwall player said we've not got bottle.

"I've got 12 bottles of pink Champagne and we'll be drinking them all night. Look forward to League One, son, and keep your trap shut.”
  • edited December 2023
    I am comforted by the fact that Scott and whoever is on the board take not a blind bit of notice what posters on here want, and when I see the 'sack him' brigade come up with names like Steve Evans and Neil Warnock then you can probably understand why. 
  • Steve Evans wins too many matches to suit us
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 1
    I think many on here have the rose tinted specs on when it comes to Curbs. Yes, probably our greatest manager in the modern era but people seem to have forgotten how every season in the Prem the results tailed off after we hit 40 points. 

I haven’t properly checked the records but during his 15 years in charge there were many bad runs.

How about this one for starters - in the 1998/99 Prem relegation season there was a run of 3 points from a possible 39, including 8 consecutive defeats. How good it was that the board decided not to sack Curbs after that run and relegation in 1999, considering the success that followed.
  • ValleyBen said:
    Steve Evans wins too many matches to suit us
    He is very much a manager involved on most read of a club. No way would our management team accept giving away such power