Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Barnsley vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 16th December 2023 | KO 3:00pm

Comments

• Options
    I thought our second penalty against Cheltenham was a decision that went in our favour and I know I’d have thought it utter shit if given against us 
    Actually that was one we got. But we are well in arrears.
  • Options
    Massively missing Miles and Chuks up front, and Jones is a major loss too. 

IF we had won last week, as we should have, then a point today would have been a good result, though based on today, Barnsley look nothing special.

Worth giving Tedic another (dare I say final) go as we have so few options up front, but Kanu has to be ahead of him now. 
    We are still hopless at set pieces. This has to be addressed.
    Agreed. Whether free kicks or corners we look so unthreatening. We've actually gone backwards with our corners since last season, when Morgan (while inconsistent) did get a few assists.
  • Options
    Just got back in from plant. Saw the result and thought not bad, but since found out another referee howler. When will this end. Happy with a point before the game and seemed we played well which is an improvement on recent performances.
  • Options
    good performance overall from the boys today and unlucky not to take all three points. Ball was clearly out but dobbo should have played to the whistle. Thought we  defended really well, the odd crazy moments from hec and Thomas in second half but they threw themselves in front of everything. Enjoyed it, a good point but Barnsley were poor so could easily have been three!
  • Options

IF we had won last week, as we should have, then a point today would have been a good result, though based on today, Barnsley look nothing special.

Worth giving Tedic another (dare I say final) go as we have so few options up front, but Kanu has to be ahead of him now. 
    agreed - i think if miles and chucks were fit we would have won this week and last week quite comfortably and probably be on the fringe of the play offs by now  
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:

agreed - i think if miles and chucks were fit we would have won this week and last week quite comfortably and probably be on the fringe of the play offs by now  
    Totally agree and they need replacing very quickly to turn draws into wins. 
  • Options
    That was a pen in the first half too. Now I accept we are going to get poor officials but why are they so often poor to our detriment? It was a decent performance but I think Fraser and Tedic should be out of the team for Watson and Kanu. 
    Agreed on Watson and Kanu. Thought Kanu did very well when he came on. Progressing nicely. Will surely be back on bench when Jan reinforcements arrive, but in the meantime.... hope he gets good amount of minutes 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That ball is so far over the line how did both officials miss that.
  • Options
    At end of day a point at Barnsley good result whatever the ref. More important next 3 fixtures are winnable and 9 points should be the aim. No excuses. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    Need to turn draws into wins. 4 draws in last 5 games.

Keep losing ground on the teams above us.
    And people keep saying that Appleton's doing ok as we aren't losing games.

If we had lost 2 & won 2 of those 4 drawn games we'd have 6 points instead of 4. It's not how many you don't lose its how many you win. 
    OR

You can look at the last six games, of which four have been away from home.

Four away games, four draws.

Two home games, two wins.

Yes there was a win away (at Wigan) and a draw at home (vs Cambridge) but the overall point is that we’ve actually been on the “win your home games and draw your away games” pace in the league since October. Shame there’s so much still to catch up.

The cup disasters were just that, disasters. And people were right to be pissed off about it. But the league stuff we’ve actually been decent on the whole with silly mistakes scattered in there that’s prevented us from doing even better.
    Nicely pointed out Callum, that's you off Golfie's Christmas card list.
    Eh?

Do you believe in Father Christmas too?
  • Options
    Usually I feel that £10 for the stream is close to daylight robbery. Today I got £8.99 worth.
    I was the first to call out Tedic as "emperors new clothes". Today the last 15 mins he was on the pitch he actually did good. Kanu was  impressive again.
    Fraser playing deep allowed us to pass out of defence more reliably. 
    HOWEVER Barnsley did not press us at all.- that's when we cave. They let us play. And we did well.

• Options
    Need to turn draws into wins. 4 draws in last 5 games.

Keep losing ground on the teams above us.
    And people keep saying that Appleton's doing ok as we aren't losing games.

If we had lost 2 & won 2 of those 4 drawn games we'd have 6 points instead of 4. It's not how many you don't lose its how many you win. 
    OR

You can look at the last six games, of which four have been away from home.

Four away games, four draws.

Two home games, two wins.

Yes there was a win away (at Wigan) and a draw at home (vs Cambridge) but the overall point is that we’ve actually been on the “win your home games and draw your away games” pace in the league since October. Shame there’s so much still to catch up.

The cup disasters were just that, disasters. And people were right to be pissed off about it. But the league stuff we’ve actually been decent on the whole with silly mistakes scattered in there that’s prevented us from doing even better.
    Shame that the top 4 are doing better than that though. We have kept pace with 6th (Derby) over the last couple of games but I would imagine the top 3 or 4 have pulled away a bit more (except Oxford).

Whatever way you look at it we need to be doing better than "win at home & draw away" as we were miles behind in the first place. We need to go on a winning run for 5 or 6 games....and even that might mean we are "only" 4 or 5 points off 6th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought our second penalty against Cheltenham was a decision that went in our favour and I know I’d have thought it utter shit if given against us 
    But we should have had another penalty before that decision. The refs decision making evened itself out in that game
  • Options

Unsurprisingly, Barnsley official site gone for the ball was in. 

Think he must have been doubling up as the ref...solves that riddle...
  • Options
    This thread isn’t as good as the Preview Thread. 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Hopefully the terrible refs will start chipping in for the millions we lose a season stuck at this level. 

Ideally it evens out over the season but the reality is we should have four more points on the board if any of the officials could see what side of the line an incident happened. 
  • Options
    Never see the game but a decent result considering how we have been playing of late  B)

• Options
    In itself a good point - look at the prediction thread and see how many people thought we would lose.  Our previous results mean we are less than thrilled with a draw, but Barnsley are no mugs. We need to start winning more games, we need a change in our squad as we have a few players who aren't good enough, but today was a step forward for me.
  • Options
    PWR.

A well earned away point, given that we came back from being behind, which is always good.

I know a number of posters are pretty hot on statistics. I have a hunch that when Corey-Blackett-Taylor scores for us his goal (s) earn us either a point (today for instance) or three points. In other words his goals tend to be important. Am I right or wrong in that opinion Stattos?

Come On You Reds!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!