Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POST-MATCH THREAD: Charlton Athletic vs Cambridge Utd: Saturday 9th December 2023 | KO 3.00PM

Comments

• Leuth said:
    Awful game management. Time wasting at a corner when there's still 5 minutes, sending on kids , hoofing the ball anywhere instead of keeping the ball.

I'm also starting to question Appleton's man management, the way he's frozen out senior players in favour of kids who are either not ready, or who need a break from the first team.

The return of Chem highlights this. How didn't he make the squad for the 2 Cup games? And while Kirk and Tedic might be poor, surely they have to be better options on the bench than Tyreece who looks lost at the moment.
    Oh c'mon, bad as TC has been recently he's shown more this season than Tedic and Kirk combined 
    Not at the moment though. He's a kid going through a rough patch, who needs taking out of the firing line for a few weeks.
  • MA post match - "Been saying it since I came in; we need more men in the team. But until then, we need to use what we've got" (sic) words to that effect
  • Leuth said:
    cabbles said:
    I thought Hector had an excellent game. That is a positive.
    Leuth said:
    Ach. They actually fought hard and defended brilliantly second half until two moments let us down. And yes, you knew I'd say this, but feel especially bad for Hector, who'd played close to a perfect game. Convinced we're cursed, but if we'd had people who weren't kids to bring on, it might have helped. If Kanu coming on was one turning point, CBT going off was the other
    Gents, were you on psychedelics this afternoon? 
    You straight up weren't watching the game. He was exceptional. Watch the whole replay back when you can (as punishment for saying that)
    He was good for the most part but saying he had a ‘close to perfect game’ suggests to me you weren’t watching, particularly in the first half
  • What sort of mug takes the leagues leading goal scorer off for a 18 year old who has played all season.. the man is a mug 
    The reason he did it was to protect May and our priority was to see out the game, but we are terrible at seeing out games. 
  • Apart from Alfie, we have no players who are consistently decent.

We would be in a relegation scrap without him.

Needs investment, but MA is not exactly inspirational, is he ?
  • Smithy said:
    Leuth said:
    cabbles said:
    I thought Hector had an excellent game. That is a positive.
    Leuth said:
    Ach. They actually fought hard and defended brilliantly second half until two moments let us down. And yes, you knew I'd say this, but feel especially bad for Hector, who'd played close to a perfect game. Convinced we're cursed, but if we'd had people who weren't kids to bring on, it might have helped. If Kanu coming on was one turning point, CBT going off was the other
    Gents, were you on psychedelics this afternoon? 
    You straight up weren't watching the game. He was exceptional. Watch the whole replay back when you can (as punishment for saying that)
    He was good for the most part but saying he had a ‘close to perfect game’ suggests to me you weren’t watching, particularly in the first half
    Our centre-halves were pretty much all that stopped Cambridge being 3 up 
  • What sort of mug takes the leagues leading goal scorer off for a 18 year old who has played all season.. the man is a mug 
    The reason he did it was to protect May and our priority was to see out the game, but we are terrible at seeing out games. 
    Really ?? What a tactician 
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    MA post match - "Been saying it since I came in; we need more men in the team. But until then, we need to use what we've got" (sic) words to that effect
    UB40…...
  • We can't keep sacking managers. We have to see who we bring in and let go. We also have to act quickly in the window.
    ..but MA is not even half decent 
  • We can't keep sacking managers. We have to see who we bring in and let go. We also have to act quickly in the window.
    Bet we do fuck all. 'Tough window to do business'
  • When it comes to managers, we fish in the same pond. We have to remember, these are not his players. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Apples clearly making the point for at least the second time this season about signing men not kids.....obviously not worried about losing his job this week but he's definitely chucking the responsibility over to Andy Scott and the board.... Wouldn't it be great to actually see us get some quality in January and then see what Apples can do. 
    Exactly  but I feel this is what Holden tried to prove as well and he got nowhere.
  • SDAddick said:
    Shocking. This is where managers shouldn't be fined and banned for speaking out. We pay to watch football and refs give decisions like that in the 95th minute. Where was the pussy linesman! Why didn't he say it was outside the box. How can two officials get it so wrong

from the moment the ref allowed an offside to be taken in out half, I thought he would give a dodgy penalty
  • Furlough anyone who works in marketing at the club. Waste of time until we get some players. 
  • We are a disgrace. They were by far the better team. We mugged them by getting a draw 

There is also a clear issue in the squad. When CBT laid the second on a plate for Campbell, only Edun congratulated him and then Hector later. Everyone else ignored him. 
    Perhaps thats why he's not been playing. 
  • Gribbo said:
    MA post match - "Been saying it since I came in; we need more men in the team. But until then, we need to use what we've got" (sic) words to that effect
    Well he wouldn’t be wrong would he! 
    Need experienced keeper, full backs, 3 midfielders (one as captain) and a big central striker minimum. 
  • pathetic, weak set of players with a clueless bloke in charge. Fuming