Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Fiorini sounds a perfect Charlton signing 

He scored his first goal for Blackpool on 28 April 2023 in a 2-3 home defeat against Millwall. Late in the game he conceded a penalty which gave Millwall the win and relegated Blackpool.
    So, last season he played in the Championship. This season he is going to take a step backwards by dropping down a division to play for a struggling League 1 team.

And this is after we are sending back one of Man City's duds. 

Gee, thanks.
  • edited January 5
    Ben18 said:
    Current midfielders

Dobson
    Fraser
    McGrandles - injured
    Taylor - injured
    Camara - injured
    L Watson - going back to Luton?
    Anderson - not ready?

Would suggest we definitely need more central midfielders quite urgently unless the injured trio are close to a return.
    You know, I'd really sympathise with our senior management, IF ONLY

McGrandles wasn't consistently injured for us
    Taylor wasn't coming off the back of a serious injury
    Camara wasn't coming off the back of a serious injury
    Louis Watson wasn't a fan favourite (in that we all scratch our head as to why he doesn't get game time considering the above), whose stats show he benefits the team, is wanted to be signed by our Director of Football, but the manager doesn't "fancy him"
    Anderson is in his first season of senior football

When you read the above, it really is depressing.
  • Fiorini sounds a perfect Charlton signing 

He scored his first goal for Blackpool on 28 April 2023 in a 2-3 home defeat against Millwall. Late in the game he conceded a penalty which gave Millwall the win and relegated Blackpool.
    So, last season he played in the Championship. This season he is going to take a step backwards by dropping down a division to play for a struggling League 1 team.

And this is after we are sending back one of Man City's duds. 

Gee, thanks.

• Is Fiorini an apology for Tedic do we think??? 
    Only if he’s at least half decent otherwise Citeh are being vindictive 😩.
  • Didn’t one of the Matt Smiths come from City as well. 

They’ve done a great job of stitching us up. 
  • edited January 5
    Didn’t one of the Matt Smiths come from City as well. 

Yup that should be the biggest complaint about Fiorini (How is he Scottish with a name like that) - All our Man City loans have ended up being absolute shite; Danny Mills was signed on loan from them when he decided he didnt want to play over Christmas
  • I wonder if all these names in midfield are just the shopping list that Gallen used to refer to, where they would come up with 5 or 6 names for a position and they just go down the list trying to get them in, until one lands. 

So you might have Coventry, Docherty, Fiorini, Bakinson and the final resort keeping Watson on the list. 

We've offered a small fee for Coventry, then a loan for Docherty, Fiorini is similar to the Tedic deal where we'll put it in place with City but not pull the trigger on it unless the first 2 turn us down, Bakinson similar, and then if the first 2 turn us down and the second 2 are injured, we'll beg Luton not to recall Watson and actually play him.

Transfer windows are complicated things, it's not like eBay where you go on a website and either click "bid" or "buy now"
  • PWADDICK said:
    Just listened to SLP Pod, latest on JCH is...
    Latest bid for JCH was around 350k with add ons.
    Peterborough want around 500k.
    Player wants the move.
    Rich reckons this one that will be completed towards the end of the window.

Encouraging if true that the player wants the move.

Peterbro said they want 800,000 and we offered 450,000 ?
    No they didn't.  They paid 800k for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 5
    ForeverAddickted said:
    Didn’t one of the Matt Smiths come from City as well. 

Yup that should be the biggest complaint about Fiorini (How is he Scottish with a name like that) - All our Man City loans have ended up being absolute shite; Danny Mills was signed on loan from them when he decided he didnt want to play over Christmas
    Fiorini is Scottish you say, might help Fraser a bit on the communication front ‘ See you Scott, I’ve just about had enough of you!’ 😉
  • sam3110 said:
    Abdul Razak also came from City and was absolutely dire

Just looked him up on wiki. What an odd career, never played more than 12 games for any club until his last two professional seasons where he played 20 and 30 games then seemingly retired.  I wonder how much someone like that made from the game.
  • supaclive said:
    fenaddick said:
    Understand people’s unhappiness with loans but have to remember everyone’s playing a game. If we improve a player from a big club then they might be more willing to give us a better youngster next season. Plus if they can help us finish higher up the league we become more attractive in the summer 
    Fiorini was on loan last year.   Isn't this year.   Unless Pep thought he was going to take Kalvin Phillip's place on the bench, why did no other club want him..... answers on a postcard please
    He's PLAYED NO SENIOR FOOTBALL THIS SEASON - how on earth is he going to be match fit and ready to play for the mighty CAFC in the dogshit, kick bite and scratch bottom half of Division 3?

Sigh......
    Had an operation in August 23 after a few injuries. so you would have thought he was rehabbing up to now 
  • Is Fiorini an apology for Tedic do we think??? 
    They need to send us f**king Haaland to apologise for him... Bugger he's injured!!
    He will do for us, the more injuries the better
  • Tedic returning according to Rich Cawley. 
    If there was a ‘love’ button - I would be hitting it. Have no idea how this player could be anywhere near Man City’s squad. Absolute sh*te!
  • edited January 5
    ross1 said:
    Is Fiorini an apology for Tedic do we think??? 
    They need to send us f**king Haaland to apologise for him... Bugger he's injured!!
    He will do for us, the more injuries the better
    Not as good as Alfie stats wise though 😉.
  • sam3110 said:
    I wonder if all these names in midfield are just the shopping list that Gallen used to refer to, where they would come up with 5 or 6 names for a position and they just go down the list trying to get them in, until one lands. 

So you might have Coventry, Docherty, Fiorini, Bakinson and the final resort keeping Watson on the list. 

We've offered a small fee for Coventry, then a loan for Docherty, Fiorini is similar to the Tedic deal where we'll put it in place with City but not pull the trigger on it unless the first 2 turn us down, Bakinson similar, and then if the first 2 turn us down and the second 2 are injured, we'll beg Luton not to recall Watson and actually play him.

Transfer windows are complicated things, it's not like eBay where you go on a website and either click "bid" or "buy now"
    Agree, but for some nothing but a minimum of three impressive signings announced this week and ready to start on Saturday is good enough.
  • Chunes said:
    So two of the players we've been linked with have played for Appleton before. Reminds me of the Garner window, where the club claimed to have set up a genius black box recruiting system and yet brought in all the manager's old players.

Now we've got Andy Scott, recruiting whizz, and what hidden gems is he unearthing... Appleton's men.

Our black box is actually just the manager's little black book. 

We couldn't be any further away from a Peterborough/Brentford/TakeYourPick style recruitment style. 
    Appleton has a say on players though, isnt that why Watson is going back to Luton?
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    So two of the players we've been linked with have played for Appleton before. Reminds me of the Garner window, where the club claimed to have set up a genius black box recruiting system and yet brought in all the manager's old players.

Now we've got Andy Scott, recruiting whizz, and what hidden gems is he unearthing... Appleton's men.

Our black box is actually just the manager's little black book. 

We couldn't be any further away from a Peterborough/Brentford/TakeYourPick style recruitment system. 

• edited January 5
    A well balanced article from Rich Cawley.

Not anything we didn’t already know in terms of player links but good to get perspective from someone who isn’t a fan but still close enough to the club to understand our shortcomings.

• Oxford United manage to keep one of their better players who was wanted by championship clubs.. 

Let's see if we can do the same thing as a club that we allegedly have more spend power than
  • A well balanced article from Rich Cawley.

Not anything we didn’t already know in terms of player links but good to get perspective from someone who isn’t a fan but still close enough to the club to understand our shortcomings.

It is, and nothing we don't know already.. It is getting the players in, can have all the intentions, but need to get them over the line!

Judging by Apples comments today, I think we might see one announced today. 
  • PWADDICK said:
    Just listened to SLP Pod, latest on JCH is...
    Latest bid for JCH was around 350k with add ons.
    Peterborough want around 500k.
    Player wants the move.
    Rich reckons this one that will be completed towards the end of the window.

Their owner has said they have turned down 450k, be curious to know who that was then as it wasn't us? 

Assuming we can afford him and their owner is willing to accept, I don't know why we would risk waiting till the end of the window when he could be scoring goals for us in that time frame and another club could come in. 

I'd love to know our finances and what we can afford to fork out etc. 

My stance on JCH is that it isn't my money so I don't care if the club pay over what he's worth, be nice to watch quality players instead of the likes of  Tedic. 

You'd think that tweet was made by a teenager though tbh on a side note 
    It's a classic game of cat and mouse.

Peterborough don't need to sell him yet, so will hold out in the hope they get a higher bid from a club panicking nearer the deadline. 

Other clubs will hope for the opposite though and hold out in the hope that Peterborough panic nearer the deadline and accept any bid just to get something rather than lose him for nothing.

If what MacAnthony says is true (and of course we have to take anything he says with a pinch of salt as they want a bidding war) then Peterborough's stance is working so far as bids are going up.

My guess would be that he will end up going for about 400-450k in the last couple of days of the window.
  • Happy for us to not pursue JCH any further, just so we don't have to hear too much more painful "honest" chat from McRanthony. 

• Oxford United linked with Chesterfields Armando Dobra. We should just copy them and make a move as their recruitment is lightyears ahead of ours