Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• What bothers me is AS and the owners have known for weeks now (maybe a month or 2) that Miles is out for the season, Chucks is unreliable due to his injury record, Tedic is not good enough and Kanu, Casey etc are not yet up to playing L1 week in week out.
    Yet here we are, especially if May is still injured, going into tomorrow's game without a proven and experienced striker.
    You would think, at least I would, that AS would be breaking his neck to get a striker in, in time for tomorrow, he should've have seen the situation and been working on a deal(s), since November!
    If this situation continues for a few more games, we could well be in a full relegation scrap. If that's the case, crowds will dwindle even more, and other players in other positions may decide not to join us!
    So my immediate concern is a striker, as mentioned above, should be an urgent priority!
    It'll be interesting to hear what MA has to say in his press conference today.
    I get that as well, but would assume the players we are in for will also have other options, and likely better options as well.
  • edited January 6
    Cob 4h Jan

Confirmed EFL signings = 16
    Confirmed L1 signings = 8
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 5
    ct_addick said:
    We need a forward.....will be disappointing if we haven't signed on for Saturday's game.....
    Strikers are the hardest position to fill .. said before Peterbro not going to sell us a striker when we are playing them next week … last thing they want is him scoring the winner against them 

wouldnt they just put a clause in that he doesnt play against them or is that only loans

Think that has become against the rules a few years back. 
  • Tedic returning according to Rich Cawley. 
    Must have something close otherwise we are leaving us even more short. Although with Tedic not sure you would notice. 
  • Absolutely astonishing that after the last three transfer windows there are still fans prepared to defend the lack of signings this week.

A couple of weeks ago, MA mentioned two were good to go. A player was triumphantly led around the lounges before the Oxford game, who Mendez confirmed last night did not fail his medical.

So what is going on? My view is Scott has no one in the club he can go to for authorising sacking the manager. With our ownership, such a zoom call takes a lot of organising. Meanwhile, we hurtle into a relegation scrap.

My club but blimey we are an absolute disgrace.

General question, how long does it take the EFL to approve a transfer, or complete whatever process they go through?

there are a few options as to why transfers haven't been announced or completed yet

1. Club incompetence 
    2. waiting for efl approval
    3. shithousery. Announce the signings late to f*ck with Port vales plans.

My view is options 1 and 2 are the most likely but hoping for a bit of no 3.
  • to those that think people are hysterical for wondering why we haven't signed anyone yet and are concerned we could be in for a bad window, here's what it looks like to be a club who give a shit and want to at least try and turn it around: 

Clearly they've been planning for the window opening as Doucher has said you can do, we can't afford to scramble around. If we have played Port Vale and Peterborough without any new faces in, it’s a bit of a liberty and means there's been no actual plans in place or strategy.
    I will say it again, I don’t trust them to get it right and the proof for me is in the last two windows, and not 4 days into this one.

However the cognitive dissonance currently from large chunks of the fan base is obvious. There is no evidence that the club do not care, or are currently not doing anything based on the fact Carlisle - who are in a complete different position to us - have signed three players. 

Just as much as there is no evidence the club are not doing anything based on the fact that we *could* have spoken to a club about a player earlier, but have only recently done so because the club in question have started shopping said player out. 

In my mind, our season is gone. We won’t get promoted, and as much as people seem to want to get dramatic, we won’t get relegated either. We should be preparing for next season now, and getting in some quality well thought out players in this window - and that takes time.

The evidence as ever will be at the end of this window. If we end up with similar guff to last couple, then there’s no excuses. If we get in players the quality of JCH, Coventry etc - then there probably has been.
  • PWADDICK said:
    Just listened to SLP Pod, latest on JCH is...
    Latest bid for JCH was around 350k with add ons.
    Peterborough want around 500k.
    Player wants the move.
    Rich reckons this one that will be completed towards the end of the window.

Should we have a whip round for the other 150k?
  • edited January 5
    Lewis Fiorini on loan from City according to Cawley. Looks like he has played under Appleton at Lincoln and Blackpool
  • Sponsored links:

• Absolutely astonishing that after the last three transfer windows there are still fans prepared to defend the lack of signings this week.

A couple of weeks ago, MA mentioned two were good to go. A player was triumphantly led around the lounges before the Oxford game, who Mendez confirmed last night did not fail his medical.

So what is going on? My view is Scott has no one in the club he can go to for authorising sacking the manager. With our ownership, such a zoom call takes a lot of organising. Meanwhile, we hurtle into a relegation scrap.

My club but blimey we are an absolute disgrace.

Isn’t Scott in control of hiring and firing managers? I doubt he needs approval from the many owners for footballing decisions. They’re not like RD or TS who wanted to get involved in day to day footballing decisions.

Either way I think he’ll stick with MA for longer as he’ll won’t want to go through another manager this season and he’s recognised the squad is lacking so will give him time to see how he does with the new signings we’ll make this month.
  • PWADDICK said:
    Player wants the move.
    Interesting. I said earlier that 500k was the upper limit of what I would pay.

Assume the add ons will be if he reaches a certain amount of goals for us and if we get promoted?
  • It would seem we’ve put an offer in for conor coventry. 

Also working on a deal for Manchester city midfielder Lewis Fiorini

Cawley just tweeted about them
  • edited January 5
    PWADDICK said:
    Player wants the move.

Encouraging if true that the player wants the move.

Peterbro said they want 800,000 and we offered 450,000 ?
    Peterborough also said Gillingham wanted to sign him…..& Stephen Clemence (Gills boss) confirmed the next day that this was rubbish.

Dont believe everything you read @RonnieMoore. Especially when it’s come from people like Darragh or Barry Fry who naturally are just trying to get as much money as they can.
  • Unless these loans are done with a permanent deal after then crack on 

Otherwise they are a waste of time but that’s up to Scott. It’s his job at the end of the day 
  • edited January 5
    PWADDICK said:
    Player wants the move.

Their owner has said they have turned down 450k, be curious to know who that was then as it wasn't us? 

Assuming we can afford him and their owner is willing to accept, I don't know why we would risk waiting till the end of the window when he could be scoring goals for us in that time frame and another club could come in. 

I'd love to know our finances and what we can afford to fork out etc. 

My stance on JCH is that it isn't my money so I don't care if the club pay over what he's worth, be nice to watch quality players instead of the likes of  Tedic. 

You'd think that tweet was made by a teenager though tbh on a side note