Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• sam3110 said:
    We need another left back regardless of how good or shit Edun has been. 
    Edun suffered from playing on the same side as CBT who lets him down by not tracking back like we saw again on Monday … Edun excellent young full back would like to see him wing back with Watson 

• edited January 4
    A first encouraging sign for me would be we don't sign someone who's failed their medical.

How would you know if someone has failed a medical?

I assume the comment is about the Plymouth defender? which is another rumour that seems to have become a fact. 
    He came in on crutches.
    So, under his own stream. Impressive…
  • Will be interesting to see what the CM options look like by the end of the window, wonder if it's Coventry or Docherty or possibly both? Both would leave us quite unbalanced as a squad but not if Watson goes back to Luton and the currently injured 3 need time to get back to fitness.

If we got both I'd definitely be looking to get Anderson out on loan in League 2 to get him consistent minutes 
  • ValleyBen said:
    For me the debate is still open if Watson & Edun are an improvement on Clare & Sessegnon yet.

The only position in the team the new decision makers have improved IMO is upfront with May but if you go with the rosier fan logic that the likes of Scott have no blame for the poor recruitment last January then they logically can not get any credit for May either since it was not their club yet.

So I am still waiting for a signing from them that significantly improves us. 
    Personally I’d say they are about the same/ slightly worse.
  • Scoham said:

There is Something really embarrassing about grown men constantly pestering Rich Cawley for some transfer information. 
    The chances are that they are not grown men, i'd wager more teenagers
  • What type of midfielder is Greg Doherty?
    Are we after Coventry and Doherty I wonder? 
    You’d have to think both would mean Dobson is off now, not in the summer.

And if we sell him and CBT then this supposed ‘impressive January window’ from the new owners might not be so awe inspiring. Using that money to fund replacements is just house keeping, not having a go at next season.

Wait and see I guess. 

• Sponsored links:

• ValleyBen said:
    For me the debate is still open if Watson & Edun are an improvement on Clare & Sessegnon yet.

The only position in the team the new decision makers have improved IMO is upfront with May but if you go with the rosier fan logic that the likes of Scott have no blame for the poor recruitment last January then they logically can not get any credit for May either since it was not their club yet.

So I am still waiting for a signing from them that significantly improves us. 
    1. Sessegnon 
    2. Watson
    3. Edun
    4. Clare

So its about even for me
  • edited January 4
    Cawley’s inviting people to ask questions. I can’t work out whether I should be embarrassed and who for. He’s replied to the first two saying they’ll cover those. Will be interesting to hear the answers especially on the midfield.
  • edited January 4
    I suppose this explains why some blokes would rather get lost than ask for directions 
  • we need 2 first choice full backs, neither Watson or Edun are good enough - both are poor defensively (especially Edun) and neither are good going forward 
    I said this to Scott who didn't appear to agree (although tbf he can't say in public my 2 wing back signings are poor defensively.
    Disagree on Tennai - think he’s been fairly strong attacking wise since the day he made his first appearance and he’s been trending upwards on his defensive contributions too.

Edun has me worried lately though.
    Edun started well and has regressed badly. 
  • I am also not convinced Jones is a significant improvement on Innis currently. 

Although like May, Jones even if you do rate him is not a signing by Scott if he gets a free pass for last January. 
  • Scoham said:

There is Something really embarrassing about grown men constantly pestering Rich Cawley for some transfer information. 
    Cut him some slack, Rob Baker is Luke Littler's younger half-brother, he's only 6.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

What difference is it to the days people use to load up football news on Teletext or more recently general scouring of internet forums? Also love the use of the term 'pestering' neither of these posts show any 'pestering'. 

Embarrassingly incorrect post. 
  • Scoham said:

The chances are that they are not grown men, i'd wager more teenagers
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYucIjZlO7U
  • edited January 4
    Dazzler21 said:
    Scoham said:

What difference is it to the days people use to load up football news on Teletext or more recently general scouring of internet forums? Also love the use of the term 'pestering' neither of these posts show any 'pestering'. 

Embarrassingly incorrect post. 
    Have I touched a nerve dazzler ? Are you one of the ones who pester rich? I have seen That Rob message Rich almost daily like some lover stalking his ex, every time the transfer window opens. I didn’t necessarily mean just those two posts, if you don’t find it embrassing then so be it. 
  • If Rich answers then that's probably because he doesn't mind the questions, if he didn't want to be pestered he'd just stop replying
  • Also it's mad that we actually have some solid rumours for once but instead of talking about them we're talking about the twitter activities of our fans/the only local journalist to cover our transfers in depth
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    ValleyBen said:
    I am also not convinced Jones is a significant improvement on Innis currently. 

Although like May, Jones even if you do rate him is not a signing by Scott if he gets a free pass for last January. 
    I spoke with Gallen about 3 weeks ago and above is 100% correct. He said categorically Jones was 100% him and only him that got that deal done. He also gave me a lot of other info that I promised I would not share.
    Yes, I’ve also been given a lot of information that I’ve sworn on pain of death that I’d keep schtum, mostly bollox but a promise is a promise.
  • NabySarr said:
    ValleyBen said:
    I am also not convinced Jones is a significant improvement on Innis currently. 

Jones is absolutely miles better than Inniss. Inniss is better in the air but other than that Jones is better at pretty much everything else 
    Jones hasn’t been sent off yet either? Without wanting to put the mockers on that.

Innis would get sent off multiple times a season if not already on the sidelines injured.