Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• fenaddick said:
    Gutted, terrible way to treat a club legend.  Doubt I will ever go again after this malarkey.
  • fenaddick said:
    Cawley saying no Caulker so that could potentially render pages of this thread moot (as if that wasn’t the case anyway)
    Amazing!     :D:D:D
  • fenaddick said:
    Cawley saying no Caulker so that could potentially render pages of this thread bollocks! (as if that wasn’t the case anyway)
    Corrected.
  • Ronan Curtis potentially as a wide option? I know he's currently training at AFCW but I would be surprised if he didn't get a League 1 club if he's fully fit. 

* I know he's missed a lot of time with an ACL injury 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Ronan Curtis potentially as a wide option? I know he's currently training at AFCW but I would be surprised if he didn't get a League 1 club if he's fully fit. 

* I know he's missed a lot of time with an ACL injury 
    My guess is he’ll spend 6 months in L2/lower L1 to test out his leg
  • The clown looks like Jack Payne to me! 
  • ValleyBen said:
    No point quick fixing anything in January, as we are not going to get relegated and if they do not significantly improve the quality of our squad no chance of getting promoted either, so might as well stick with what we currently have, save the money for the summer if the decision makers are throwing in the towel for the 23/24 campaign. 
    Thought I'd just been transported back 12 months as I'm sure the exact same thing was said last December. 

Ho hum. 

• Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Lol. Pages wasted arguing over something that isn't even true?? Now it's a proper transfer window thread!
    Thats rumours for ya !
  • Anyway🤷‍♂️,..any transfer rumours anyone...🤔
    Charlie Kirk is available, I hear…..
    Glad I was able to help...🙄
  • Kirk leaving is interesting as well as pleasing.

There is a limit to the number over 21 YO players we can have in the squad so this frees up a space for a replacement.

If he was on the rumoured £6k pw then he would have been paid approximately £450k over the remaining 18 months of his contract.

We can assume he's been paid some and perhaps all of that to tear up his deal.

So have the club spent all our transfer budget on moving him on or is this the first bit of money to be splashed on rebalancing the squad.

The other noteworthy part of this is how it didn't leak either via Cawley or "ITK" fans.

Scott, Methven et al playing their cards very close to chests so far and very little, other than some comments from MA, talk at all about what they plan in this window.

WIOTOS is back
    We won’t have paid him all of it, we will have come to an agreement probably taking off an estimate of what he’s likely to earn at a new club in the next 18 months and then paid him the rest 
  • edited December 2023
    I can't see why we would have spent our whole transfer budget, only to free up a space?
  • Kirk leaving is interesting as well as pleasing.

There is a limit to the number over 21 YO players we can have in the squad so this frees up a space for a replacement.

If he was on the rumoured £6k pw then he would have been paid approximately £450k over the remaining 18 months of his contract.

So have the club spent all our transfer budget on moving him on or is this the first bit of money to be splashed on rebalancing the squad.

The other noteworthy part of this is how it didn't leak either via Cawley or "ITK" fans.

Scott, Methven et al playing their cards very close to chests so far and very little, other than some comments from MA, talk at all about what they plan in this window.

WIOTOS is back
    Cawley said they mentioned it was on the cards during their recent podcast.

Maybe that shows no one on here listened.

• Scoham said:
    Kirk leaving is interesting as well as pleasing.

WIOTOS is back

I think he actually said they were exploring options and that he was likely to leave. I just assumed it was a loan or very cheap/free sale lined up
  • ButtleJR said:
    Hector posted a picture of the winning team today in training and one player has an emoji covering their face….could be nothing. Let’s play guess the clown 

Not Kirk, he wears Nike boots. 
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s Chem Campbell, he was on the losing side and jumped in the photo…
  • Scoham said:
    Kirk leaving is interesting as well as pleasing.

WIOTOS is back

I listened to it the other day and I can't remember him saying that...
  • mendonca said:
    I can't see why we would have spent our whole transfer budget, only to free up a space?
    I'm prepared to be whooshed, but......

I seriously hope to god that we are looking go spend more than £450k & £6k p/w salary in January. 
  • mendonca said:

I seriously hope to god that we are looking go spend more than £450k & £6k p/w salary in January. 
    I would say if you’re expecting a couple of million to be spent, prepare to be disappointed.
  • mendonca said:

I don't think it should be read quite as literally as that. What it does mean is that we are looking at AT LEAST one more permanent signing (who we now have space for) and that in theory at least there is 6k p/w available now that wasn't before, which at this level would be not inconsiderable.

Plus it shows that the idea that our operating budget is completely tapped out already is either outdated or just wrong.

Now this being Charlton it's highly possible we go and blow it by signing a dud who makes Kirk look like Messi in comparison but there's reason for (extremely cautious) optimism I think.
  • If we aren't interested in Bauer because of 'age' and then go ahead and sign Caulker. That will tell you everything you need to know about this mob. 
    Yeah ok …… Bauer wages would blow our FFP.. more likey to do with wages and restrictions in league one … 
    Exactly. So if we did sign him, it would be fuck all to do with his age and only because we can't afford him.

If Caulker signs, it's very telling.
    Wrong again we can afford him but restrictions and rules will stop us … 
  • ButtleJR said:
    Hector posted a picture of the winning team today in training and one player has an emoji covering their face….could be nothing. Let’s play guess the clown 

Reckon Aneke is back in full training sooner than they thought
    Aneke and Camara both back second weekend in Jan ..
  • ButtleJR said:

Jan 2025 maybe
  • ButtleJR said:

Thanks Ronnie. Always reliable information you manage to pass on, so am glad two big players are back soon.