Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• ButtleJR said:
    fenaddick said:
    ButtleJR said:
    I'm told it's almost certain CBT will leave in January. Dobbo seems to be more likely to leave at the end of the season. 
    Do you know if that's in expectation of a bid or coming in or if talks have started?
    Believe talks have started and that he's declined our initial/improved offers.
    Thanks. At least that gives us a chance to get ahead of it and get a replacement in the building/lined up
  • 15 games in the last 18 months .  Sounds about right 
  • Richard J said:
    Chunes said:
    NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:
    Derby were in for CBT in the summer and still are, according to Cawley. He said we're unlikely to be able to match some of the interest in him financially (wages). 

Also said that there's no recall or return option on Pan Camara so he'll be here for the season. 

Watson has played enough games to surpass his automatic recall and will likely stay. 

Abankwah 100% going back. Tedic also likely. We're in the market for a few strikers. 
    Interesting, did think it would be tough to send Camara back when Ipswich aren’t going to be able to send him on anywhere else because he’s injured. So although we probably want rid, Ipswich and Camara would rather he stayed here. 

I can still see Watson going back if he continues to not play then it’s clear Appleton doesn’t want him and Luton/Watson will be fine with finding him another loan club where he will play
    With Camara's contract expiring at the end of the season, I think it's a similar situation to us loaning out DJ and Payne with no recall options. Ipswich must just want the wages (or a portion) of them off the books and are happy for Pan to run out his contract. 
    It's an interesting one.

As a player he is outstanding at this level,but like Aneke it seems he can't get fit for very long. IF ( and it is a big if) we could get him fit would he be worth giving an eighteen month contract to and converting his loan to a permanent move?
    Absolutely not, he will be 27 by the time he is fit and there's no guarantee he will ever replicate his Plymouth form. Plymouth moved on and improved when he went, we should be able to achieve that also.

There are other players knocking about who are of that level and better. The scouts need to earn their pay cheques and find them. Oxford and Peterborough manage it season after season, why can't we?
    Maybe a shortcut would be to poach their recruitment teams!
  • sam3110 said:
    Like I said before the fee for CBT with 6 months left on his deal will be nominal. Better to play him for the rest of the season and if he moves on in the summer on a free then fair enough. We're more likely to put a run together with him in the squad than anyone we can buy in January though 
    All depends on how much he wants to go really. If there's a risk of his performance levels dropping then it's a tricky one to decide. I don't know the guy so can't really comment on that though
  • fenaddick said:
    sam3110 said:
    Like I said before the fee for CBT with 6 months left on his deal will be nominal. Better to play him for the rest of the season and if he moves on in the summer on a free then fair enough. We're more likely to put a run together with him in the squad than anyone we can buy in January though 
    All depends on how much he wants to go really. If there's a risk of his performance levels dropping then it's a tricky one to decide. I don't know the guy so can't really comment on that though
    Ah but if his levels drop that much he won't get the move he wants, so I don't see that as much of a problem. 

Point is with 6 months left we won't be getting millions for him so I'd rather keep him, especially if that means he isn't joining a rival for at least another 6 months
  • edited December 2023
    ButtleJR said:
    fenaddick said:
    ButtleJR said:
    I'm told it's almost certain CBT will leave in January. Dobbo seems to be more likely to leave at the end of the season. 
    Do you know if that's in expectation of a bid or coming in or if talks have started?
    It would be strange for him to accept our first offer or two in his position. There’s no rush for him or Dobson to sign new deals from their point of view.
  • edited December 2023
    I would not be surprised if Pompey wanted CBT, but would be if he went there in January. In all honesty, I can't see why he would want to go anywhere until the summer when he would get much more money for obvious reasons.
  • Sponsored links:

• I would not be surprised if Pompey wanted CBT, but would be if he went there in January. In all honesty, I can't see why he would want to go anywhere until the summer when he would get much more money for obvious reasons.
    Unless he leaves for a championship team  in January .
  • But we will still get the fee that he can pocket in the Summer. Just a few months away. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    Richard J said:
    Chunes said:
    NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:
    Derby were in for CBT in the summer and still are, according to Cawley. He said we're unlikely to be able to match some of the interest in him financially (wages). 

Also said that there's no recall or return option on Pan Camara so he'll be here for the season. 

Watson has played enough games to surpass his automatic recall and will likely stay. 

Abankwah 100% going back. Tedic also likely. We're in the market for a few strikers. 
    Interesting, did think it would be tough to send Camara back when Ipswich aren’t going to be able to send him on anywhere else because he’s injured. So although we probably want rid, Ipswich and Camara would rather he stayed here. 

I can still see Watson going back if he continues to not play then it’s clear Appleton doesn’t want him and Luton/Watson will be fine with finding him another loan club where he will play
    With Camara's contract expiring at the end of the season, I think it's a similar situation to us loaning out DJ and Payne with no recall options. Ipswich must just want the wages (or a portion) of them off the books and are happy for Pan to run out his contract. 
    It's an interesting one.

As a player he is outstanding at this level,but like Aneke it seems he can't get fit for very long. IF ( and it is a big if) we could get him fit would he be worth giving an eighteen month contract to and converting his loan to a permanent move?
    Absolutely not, he will be 27 by the time he is fit and there's no guarantee he will ever replicate his Plymouth form. Plymouth moved on and improved when he went, we should be able to achieve that also.

There are other players knocking about who are of that level and better. The scouts need to earn their pay cheques and find them. Oxford and Peterborough manage it season after season, why can't we?
    Maybe a shortcut would be to poach their recruitment teams!
    Peterborough certainly. Every season they seem to have an abundance of attacking talent and get good value when they sell players. 

They're absolutely flying atm
  • Would be a shame if CBT left for sure but feel we can get decent wide players to replace him. Dobbo would be a loss though, again you can replace him but you can see he likes it here and if given the chance would rather come up with us. 

No issue with Caulker tbh. Yes, he needs match fitness but we want/need experience and he fits that bill. Aslong as he has kept himself fairly fit then it shouldnt take that long to get up to speed. 
  • Anybody we bring in in January should be match fit.
    Should be..doesnt always work out that way. On paper, he might be what we need so why not give him the chance?
  • According to Richard Cawley BFG not coming back
  • Cawley says we are looking for players "who can make an instant impact on the pitch" so not sure how signing Caulker, who hasn't played in a year, would fit into that
  • Caulker training with us might just be because he knows a player/staff member who said he can to help him get fit, doesn’t necessarily mean we are thinking about signing him. Plays for Sierra Leone so might even be through Kanu 
  • https://trainingground.guru/articles/lee-dykes-the-seven-stages-of-brentfords-recruitment

BRENTFORD Technical Director Lee Dykes has outlined the club’s ‘seven stages of recruitment.’ 

The upcoming transfer window will be Dykes’ fourth in his current role and his 10th at the club since he joined from Bury in 2019.

In an article for the club’s programme last weekend, he laid out the club’s recruitment process, which has helped them land gems like Ollie Watkins, Saïd Benrahma, David Raya and Ivan Toney.

• Sponsored links:

• Caulker is a free agent so could sign immediately to provide cover over Xmas and the New Year matches. I might prefer him being on the bench than rushing Lloyd Jones back.

I always liked him going back to his Yeovil days. A contract until the end of the season wouldn't be the worst option. Then we can reassess.
  • edited December 2023
    Richard J said:
    Caulker is a free agent so could sign immediately to provide cover over Xmas and the New Year matches. I might prefer him being on the bench than rushing Lloyd Jones back.

I always liked him going back to his Yeovil days. A contract until the end of the season wouldn't be the worst option. Then we can reassess.
    I'm not sure squad players are what we need when we're already 9 points off the play-offs. We likely need better players. And judging my Apple's comments and the sounds coming out of the club, they want improvements all over the pitch. 

Maybe Caulker is fitter than we expect but if we sign him I don't expect it'll be to sit on the bench
  • Caulker is in a similar state of fitness to Hector a year ago, which worked out ok.
  • fenaddick said:
    ButtleJR said:
    fenaddick said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Thanks. At least that gives us a chance to get ahead of it and get a replacement in the building/lined up
    I lol'd this because I can guarantee we wont get better or even close to being adequate. 
  • I wonder how many of those championing CBT these days were the same ones saying we should avoid him just a few years ago.
  • fenaddick said:
    ButtleJR said:
    fenaddick said:
    ButtleJR said:
    I lol'd this because I can guarantee we wont get better or even close to being adequate. 
    Ha, I don’t have any faith in that either!
  • Catching up witb this…Portsmouth are in for CBT?!

• If we aren't interested in Bauer because of 'age' and then go ahead and sign Caulker. That will tell you everything you need to know about this mob. 
  • Anybody we bring in in January should be match fit.
    That'll make a change.