Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• edited December 2023
    agim said:
    Noise from my Pompey mate is that they're interested in CBT. He's highly rated down there and would be a decent addition for their promotion push. I'd normally say b*llocks but where they used to be fan owned there's a few people down there in the know. 
    If you want to go up then you look to buy the best in your division regardless of what league position the club you are buying from is currently in the table
  • I hope AS rings Palace and asks about JRS. I think he's only had one game and was pulled, and been on the subs bench and not used.  If its a 1% chance its still worth a phone call
    He was in the squad but has been injured.

• edited December 2023
    agim said:
    Noise from my Pompey mate is that they're interested in CBT. He's highly rated down there and would be a decent addition for their promotion push. I'd normally say b*llocks but where they used to be fan owned there's a few people down there in the know. 
    All of the Pompey fans I spoke to were genuinely scarred by CBT and said he's one of the best in the league.

He would certainly suit how they play. If we lost him to Pompey that would be a massive kick in the teeth
  • Any good / too good for us?

A mate of mine is a big Reading fan and whilst talented apparently Ejaria has a bit of a stinking attitude but is a very good player, is also an attacking midfielder where we probably aren't exactly short on numbers. I don't expect us to go in for him which probably means we're going to announce his signing in the comings days, I don't think he's actually played much football in the last 12 months either 
  • agim said:
    All of the Pompey fans I spoke to were genuinely scarred by CBT and said he's one of the best in the league.

He works certainly suit how they play. If we lost him to Pompey that would be a massive kick in the teeth
    Jeez, I never saw that side of him!
  • I would take that as a worrying sign if we had to sell him to what should be a promotion rival, I get the excuse/justification tough to keep our stars from clubs in higher divisions but despite their current form, Pompey should not be the kind of team we are unable to compete with in financial package to keep our best at the club. 
  • Chunes said:
    Derby were in for CBT in the summer and still are, according to Cawley. He said we're unlikely to be able to match some of the interest in him financially (wages). 

Also said that there's no recall or return option on Pan Camara so he'll be here for the season. 

Watson has played enough games to surpass his automatic recall and will likely stay. 

Abankwah 100% going back. Tedic also likely. We're in the market for a few strikers. 
    Interesting, did think it would be tough to send Camara back when Ipswich aren’t going to be able to send him on anywhere else because he’s injured. So although we probably want rid, Ipswich and Camara would rather he stayed here. 

I can still see Watson going back if he continues to not play then it’s clear Appleton doesn’t want him and Luton/Watson will be fine with finding him another loan club where he will play
  • Pompey wanting CBT doesn't surprise me at all , the way he's played against them the past few seasons he's usually been the best player on the pitch against them. Would be their Ronan Curtis replacement albeit a completely different type of threat to Curtis. 
  • edited December 2023
    NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:
    Derby were in for CBT in the summer and still are, according to Cawley. He said we're unlikely to be able to match some of the interest in him financially (wages). 

Also said that there's no recall or return option on Pan Camara so he'll be here for the season. 

Watson has played enough games to surpass his automatic recall and will likely stay. 

Abankwah 100% going back. Tedic also likely. We're in the market for a few strikers. 
    Interesting, did think it would be tough to send Camara back when Ipswich aren’t going to be able to send him on anywhere else because he’s injured. So although we probably want rid, Ipswich and Camara would rather he stayed here. 

I can still see Watson going back if he continues to not play then it’s clear Appleton doesn’t want him and Luton/Watson will be fine with finding him another loan club where he will play
    With Camara's contract expiring at the end of the season, I think it's a similar situation to us loaning out DJ and Payne with no recall options. Ipswich must just want the wages (or a portion) of them off the books and are happy for Pan to run out his contract. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:

With Camara's contract expiring at the end of the season, I think it's a similar situation to us loaning out DJ and Payne with no recall options. Ipswich must just want the wages (or a portion) of them off the books and are happy for Pan to run out his contract. 
    It's an interesting one.

As a player he is outstanding at this level,but like Aneke it seems he can't get fit for very long. IF ( and it is a big if) we could get him fit would he be worth giving an eighteen month contract to and converting his loan to a permanent move?
  • Richard J said:
    Chunes said:
    NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:

It's an interesting one.

As a player he is outstanding at this level,but like Aneke it seems he can't get fit for very long. IF ( and it is a big if) we could get him fit would he be worth giving an eighteen month contract to and converting his loan to a permanent move?
    Yes it's frustrating, as a fit Camara would be one of the first names on the teamsheet
  • Apparently Andy Scott is sending a scout out in the next week to watch a Spanish youngster called Feliz Navidad
    Will be a tough negotiation as Jose Feliciano is his agent.
  • Apparently Andy Scott is sending a scout out in the next week to watch a Spanish youngster called Feliz Navidad
    4-3-2-1 Christmas tree formation on the cards?
    Heart shaped formation apparently. Navidad plays at the bottom 
  • Apologies if mentioned already, Steven Caulker has been training 
  • Apologies if mentioned already, Steven Caulker has been training 
    With us? For how long do you know? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Caulkers played at a higher level for longer than Hector, very similar in age, height and playing style though
  • sam3110 said:
    Caulkers played at a higher level for longer than Hector, very similar in age, height and playing style though
    Would be great to see these 2 push each other though. Could be a coincidence but wouldn't be surprised if Hector's uptick in form is because of Caulker being in the building
  • edited December 2023
    He’s been switched on longer than Caulker’s been here 🙂
    Anyone know when Jones is expected back?
  • JamesSeed said:
     What date did Caulker arrive?
  • ButtleJR said:
    I'm told it's almost certain CBT will leave in January. Dobbo seems to be more likely to leave at the end of the season. 
    Do you know if that's in expectation of a bid or coming in or if talks have started?
  • edited December 2023
    Chunes said:
    JamesSeed said:
     What date did Caulker arrive?
    Pretty sure it was after Oct 28th ;-)