Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Disappointed we didn’t sign an attacking player, feels like there is no link between our midfield and forwards, with no wingers in this formation that leaves a huge amount of creative responsibility on the wingbacks.
    Watson and Fiorini I guess will have to be the short term solution there. Whilst it definitely is disappointing I also wouldn't be happy if we did a DJ Campbell of signing someone basically just so we could say that we did.

If we had planned Appleton going properly it might have been addressed but there we go.
  • Anyway, do I get a shit ton of likes if I say Nathan Jones will be our best signing of this window.

• Anyway, do I get a shit ton of likes if I say Nathan Jones will be our best signing of this window.
    He'll be like....a...new...*jumps off bridge*
    But what about Terry Taylor? 
    No cos he didn't sign before 11pm, so technically won't have been signed in this window. 

Why yes I am terrific fun at parties, why do you ask....
  • Could Terry Taylor been the answer to our number 10 conundrum.
  • RedRobin said:
    Cawley says we are done. Go to bed!! 
    So…er…Dobbo? He’s not going anywhere? Specifically he is not going to
     Székesfehérvár ? What about the beautiful countryside? The family-friendly government policies? Exciting Europa Conference defeats in the Faroe Islands? 

Well I never. Funny old game…
  • I would have thought that Camara is best suited to playing as a 10 from the available midfielders?
  • A window of two halves. A surge of optimism right at the start, rudely interupted by some actual football and the Head Coach being binned at half time.  The secound half petering to an all to familiar Charlton wet fart of an ending...  
    Nite fellow sufferers see you in the summer!
  • RedRobin said:
    Cawley says we are done. Go to bed!! 
    So…er…Dobbo? He’s not going anywhere? Specifically he is not going to
     Székesfehérvár ? What about the beautiful countryside? The family-friendly government policies? Exciting Europa Conference defeats in the Faroe Islands? 

Well I never. Funny old game…
    I thought the rumours were he’s signed a pre contract for next season, not that he was necessarily going there this window. Not that I believe that either anyway. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Could Terry Taylor been the answer to our number 10 conundrum.

As Terry has played 76 League Apps and has never scored a League goal I can't see how he can be a number 10.
    So a no then. We are overloaded with midfielders but they are all of a similar ilk.
  • DDOUBLEE said:
    I would have thought that Camara is best suited to playing as a 10 from the available midfielders?
    I always thought he was more of a holding midfielder or box to box player than a playmaker/number 10.
  • Reading fans seem pleased they’ve held on to more than they were fearing 
  • edited February 1
    Could Terry Taylor been the answer to our number 10 conundrum.
    No, he is like Coventry, not a 10.we genuinely do not have a proper attacking threat going forward after this window. a disaster, Lost CGT and Fraser, no replacements.
  • supaclive said:
    LOAN
    CONFIRMED
    OFFICIAL SITE
    Odd that Sky Sports listed it as a Free.

G Kelly won't have a problem if it rains in Carlisle
    They are always singing in the rain at Carlisle. 

• Sponsored links:

• Melrose said:
    Pathetic window. What happened to the money earmarked for JCH and Collins? No wonder fans are sceptical. If May gets injured and/or Ladapo doesn't up his game, then we are totally fucked. We'll done Andy Scott
    Maybe the JCH/Collins money is going on Jones.

Who could be the best signing of this window….. ;).
    Hope so 👍
  • Scoham said:
    DDOUBLEE said:
    I would have thought that Camara is best suited to playing as a 10 from the available midfielders?
    I always thought he was more of a holding midfielder or box to box player than a playmaker/number 10.

Camará did appear to be a box to box midfielder with a good engine (when fit obviously) but seeing his attempts on goal he doesn't look like a Number 10. 
    Panutche Camará played 183 games for Crawley and Plymouth and scored 12 goals.
  • Melrose said:
    Pathetic window. What happened to the money earmarked for JCH and Collins? No wonder fans are sceptical. If May gets injured and/or Ladapo doesn't up his game, then we are totally fucked. We'll done Andy Scott
    Paying off Appleton perhaps.

And/or not spending money on players for the sake of it and keeping hold of what we’ve got until the summer.
    When we're possibly planning for life in Division Four.
  • I’m giving this window. … 5 out of 10.
    Massively disappointing we were out muscled for JCH and Collins, and lost CBT.

• edited February 1
    Seems odd to be hovering above relegation with little cover in the "10 position" and paying a % of Frasers wages for him to play for a proud club like Hearts ....surely funding an au pair for his kid would have made more sense...why are we always the charity paying a proportion of wages when we're on our knees in Div 3?