Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• I honestly thought early on Chem was going to be an excellent addition , but after how he's struggled for games under Appleton and was hooked at HT on Saturday I'm not that surprised he's gone back to Wolves. Would expect a striker to come in and fill that loan slot, although if it's Ladapo we're in for then it might be one that runs to the deadline 
  • Thought Chem Campbell looked decent at times, especially against Cray at home, but I hear he didnt have a good game at the weekend  (maybe knew he was going back).
  • Thought Chem Campbell looked decent at times, especially against Cray at home, but I hear he didnt have a good game at the weekend  (maybe knew he was going back).
    Or maybe he just wasn't good enough.
  • When CBT goes get Scully in as a replacement. 
  • When CBT goes get Scully in as a replacement. 
    He was mentioned in an interview, I think with Coventry, about the lads from West Ham he’s still in touch with. 
  • Scoham said:
    Cawley’s saying the same about the formation.

Guess it’ll be flexible at times with the box midfield we saw in the first half used occasionally, but mainly 3-5-2 with two out and out strikers. Been suggested on ITTV we want to sign two strikers, one permanent and one loan.

Easy to switch to a diamond too if one of the CBs can push up to become a DM.
    I always assumed that this was the long term plan. Holden essentially started with it in pre season games, but a combination of CBT and Ness on that lefthand side was so ropey, and we ended up recruiting players really poorly.

So ended up with not enough of the right players to play 3-5-2 or if they did seem to be right like Abankwah, no one fancied him. But also no wingers to play 4-3-3, and fantastic striker who has still done well, but works better in a 2.

• Well it looks like the squad is getting a well needed shake up. Let’s hope the quality of players incoming remains high. 🤞🏼
  • Scully is just coming back from a knee injury so don't think Pompey will be letting him go 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Scully is just coming back from a knee injury so don't think Pompey will be letting him go 
    Maybe the Poveda link will come back up.
  • Sponsored links:

• mart77 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    Scully is just coming back from a knee injury so don't think Pompey will be letting him go 
    Maybe the Poveda link will come back up.
    You think we would actually be after a left sided wing-back considering the formation change, but don't think we have been linked with any.
  • A proper preparation job this with Chem going, get ready well in advance for a serious go next season.  Don’t mind it one bit.
  • Looking at his stats he's got 6 goals from 10 playing through the middle. Bit of a lump at 6ft3 and a good age with sell on potential. 
  • jams said:
    If we're playing 352 it makes the wingbacks even more important 
    Agree, that’s my main concern with 3-5-2. We need competition as a minimum on the left, and although we have Watson and Asiimwe on the right I’m not convinced by either. I think Asiimwe can get there in time, but next season might be too early for him to be first choice. Watson is one of those players who could go if circumstances work out, even if it’s not until the summer.
  • jams said:
    If we're playing 352 it makes the wingbacks even more important 
    Can always switch it up to a more direct 41212 if needed
  • Looking at Reading were we not linked with Nesta Guinness-walker a few years back before he went to reading. I remember he was meant to be highly rated at Wimbledon. 
    Maybe an option for a wingback? 
  • Maybe the new keeper will cover Istead! £5 offers for AMB and he’s off 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• fenaddick said:
    With only 2 senior wingers, looks like appletons commited to a 352 or similar.
    @DOUCHER thought you said he was brought in by Scott to play a 4-3-3?

Been saying for a long time that the squad is woefully unbalanced and we are stuck with half a squad who are better in 4-3-3 and half that are better in a 3-5-2.

Always assumed with the signing of May and Jones that a move to 3-5-2 was on the cards. And our signings this window seem to fit that more.

CBT will defo be off, it will just be how much money we hold out for.

Also on another note, if you wanted to come up with agent talk why would you use a club in Hungary for that? Considering the only other noise we have heard about Dobson was from American clubs, I wouldn’t be shocked.

No wonder he sacked his agent.

perhaps they've seen sense at last !!!
  • Chunes said:
    Was just listening to Charlton Live and in the post-match press conference Appleton confirms that the club are building a squad towards a new formation, like the one we saw on Saturday
    Yes, as we mentioned on here last week.. that we was planning to change formation.
  • Barrow agree Cole Stockton deal

• fenaddick said:
    With only 2 senior wingers, looks like appletons commited to a 352 or similar.
    @DOUCHER thought you said he was brought in by Scott to play a 4-3-3?

Been saying for a long time that the squad is woefully unbalanced and we are stuck with half a squad who are better in 4-3-3 and half that are better in a 3-5-2.

Always assumed with the signing of May and Jones that a move to 3-5-2 was on the cards. And our signings this window seem to fit that more.

CBT will defo be off, it will just be how much money we hold out for.

Also on another note, if you wanted to come up with agent talk why would you use a club in Hungary for that? Considering the only other noise we have heard about Dobson was from American clubs, I wouldn’t be shocked.

No wonder he sacked his agent.

I think with gillesphy here now and CBT potentially on his way out I could see this…

AMB
    Watson - Jones - Hec - Gil - Edun
    Dobson - Bakinson / Lwat - Coventry
    Kanu / new - May

Still need a few faces through the door but maybe that’s where we are heading

personally I think we'll have more chance playing with 11
  • Lewis Ward undergoing medical, signed till end of season if OK