Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• FAVADDICK said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Today is also D-Day for JCH to sign or we move on. I believe we have already started to talk to that club, and has moved positively.. He is a player been mentioned on here a number of times, and we was in for him in the summer. 
    Sam Smith?
    That isn't the name that has been mentioned to me.
    Ladapo 

Would be surprised if Ipswich allow it until they bring in a striker. They've only added Sarimento so far and I think Hirst is still injured 
  • Well I have to say I am pretty stunned by this - a Hammer mate of mine says he is very good indeed, and surprised he chose to go to a Div 3 club - is far too good for Div 3 he says - 3 1/2 year deal as well

I hope we keep hold of Dobbo and CBT - hopefully they will view this signing as a reason to stay onboard, as perhaps it would be worth hanging around at Charlton now 
    CBT not signing a new deal according to a Swansea social media site .. his agent told them 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Today is also D-Day for JCH to sign or we move on. I believe we have already started to talk to that club, and has moved positively.. He is a player been mentioned on here a number of times, and we was in for him in the summer. 
    Smith of Reading 
  • How much is Aneke on?
  • Ipswich main striker is injured so Ladapo won’t be going anywhere. If they bring in a couple then maybe at the end of the window there’d be a chance but I think it’s unlikely 
  • Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    sam3110 said:
    Depending on the CBT situation we need 1, maybe 2 wingers still, a striker and another left back. Keeper wise I think to truly compete at the top we need better but it's low on the list for January IMO unless someone absolutely mustard is available
    Unless we are planning on moving to a 352 in which case wingers aren't really necessary and a young player like Tyreece and a versatile player like Chem are enough options out wide if we want/need to change it up within games.
    I think you might be on the money, especially if we want to keep all our strikers happy if all fully fit
    I just can’t see it, Appleton has stubbornly stuck with 4-2-3-1/4-3-3. He’s known for playing that way with previous clubs too. With our poor form if it was his preference I’m sure we’d have seen it by now.
    Wasn’t one of the reasons Holden was sacked that he wasn’t playing 4-3-3. Think Scott mentioned it somewhere that he was surprised we had changed system from last season 
  • Sponsored links:

• NabySarr said:
    Ipswich main striker is injured so Ladapo won’t be going anywhere. If they bring in a couple then maybe at the end of the window there’d be a chance but I think it’s unlikely 

Unless they get Jay Stansfield and probably another on top of that , they just haven't got the depth to move Ladapo on. Shame because he'd be a good fit for us but I think there's probably other targets above Ladapo. 
  • Don’t know how far down the transfer road Corey is, but this signings might just make him think that staying wouldn’t be such a bad option. He’ll always start at least, and I suspect he’s been offered a decent pay rise to stay.
    Same applies to Dobbo, although there is now more competition for places in midfield. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    sam3110 said:
    Depending on the CBT situation we need 1, maybe 2 wingers still, a striker and another left back. Keeper wise I think to truly compete at the top we need better but it's low on the list for January IMO unless someone absolutely mustard is available
    Unless we are planning on moving to a 352 in which case wingers aren't really necessary and a young player like Tyreece and a versatile player like Chem are enough options out wide if we want/need to change it up within games.
    I think you might be on the money, especially if we want to keep all our strikers happy if all fully fit
    Does mean full back/wing back should become a priority
    I think they will look to bring another wing back and another CB as well.

Noise is now, they are planning for life without CBT and Dobbo, but they won't let them go on the cheap this month, they have figure they want, and they don't have to sell, and both players are happy to stay till the end of the season. Charlton are in a strong position with them both!

The issue is, they both know the figure Chuks is on, and want the same.. Which isn't going to happen. Both deals they have been offered would take them to among the highest paid players in league One.. That tells you how much Chuks is on, and why they can't move him on easily. 
    I got told Chuks was on 7k, in comparison its higher than the majority of our team, but lower than a lot of others in the division. Brannagan at Oxford for example is on 8k, some of readings are still on 10k+. I don't think George is being unreasonable, he is without doubt our most consistent player
  • Money talks JS, the offer needs to be what they want or very close.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    sam3110 said:

Noise is now, they are planning for life without CBT and Dobbo, but they won't let them go on the cheap this month, they have figure they want, and they don't have to sell, and both players are happy to stay till the end of the season. Charlton are in a strong position with them both!

The issue is, they both know the figure Chuks is on, and want the same.. Which isn't going to happen. Both deals they have been offered would take them to among the highest paid players in league One.. That tells you how much Chuks is on, and why they can't move him on easily. 
    I got told Chuks was on 7k, in comparison its higher than the majority of our team, but lower than a lot of others in the division. Brannagan at Oxford for example is on 8k, some of readings are still on 10k+. I don't think George is being unreasonable, he is without doubt our most consistent player
    I would say he is on more than that, Brum increased his salary a lot when he left us the first time around, then we offered more again when he come back.. The figure you have mentioned that Chuks is on, is close to what Dobbo been offered. 
  • Yeah Reading have shown some signs of life lately, can't imagine their fans will be best pleased with how their January will now probably pan out. They were looking like they were going to stay up.

Lose all the players on that list and it becomes very tricky. 
    May very well be another false dawn for Reading... Read online about a whistleblower within the club, who was claiming that the Reading owner has no interest in selling the club, but instead is going to asset strip.

That is so shit for them. Another proud club who are probably going to find themselves in league 2 soon.

Only lost on pens 6 seasons ago to reach the prem and finished 7th as well fairly recently. 

Hope they can turn it around

That’s the problem, they pushed too hard to get to the prem and the gamble didn’t pay off. Sheffield Wednesday the same. Problem with parachute payments as championship clubs have to spend silly money to try and keep up with them and end up in this position if it doesn’t get them up 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    sam3110 said:

I would say he is on more than that, Brum increased his salary a lot when he left us the first time around, then we offered more again when he come back.. The figure you have mentioned that Chuks is on, is close to what Dobbo been offered. 
    If we’re offering players £7-10k a week in L1 no wonder we want a third of the squad to be academy players.

I can see the sense in it - better to have a good number of top players for our level than a bigger squad of average players. With the latter you can easily end up rotating two average players. It might give you decent competition for places but you don’t know your best team.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 12
    @CAFCDAZ - would you say the top 1% earners in L1 is probably the same as the very best academy boys at premier league clubs. For example, Rak-Sakyi & the top L1 players are on a similar wage?
  • If Dobbo and CBT won't sign, you might as well cash in now rather than let them go for free in the summer. It might be different if we had a serious chance of the play offs, but the season is effectively over. 
  • Jac_52 said:
    TEL said:
    Scoham said:
    Reading are a L1 relegation struggling team for a reason. There won’t be many nuggets there. 
    They had 4 points deducted, add those back on and they’re only 3 behind us in 13th. If they’re keen to sell it’s definitely worth a look to see if we can get a good deal or two. Similar to how we signed BWP so cheaply.
    The big centre forward looked good as did Azeez 

Yeah Ehibhatioman.. only 20 thought he looked very decent when he came on in both games against us.
    Glad you spelled it! Yes he looked very good. 
  • edited January 12
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Good signing I believe, and a player to build the future around.. this might be the end of Dobson though, either this window or at the end of the season..

Fair play to the club for going back in for Coventry when look set to sign for Massive
    Dobson needs to be kept to help us avoid relegation.
    Silly comment.. not a chance we will get relegated

Dobson has been offered 70% pay increase, if he doesn’t want to sign, what can you do..

Unless our results change it is not a silly comment.
    Not a chance we will get dragged in to it, once injured players are back, and even if Dobson didn't play another game this season, we still wouldn't go down. 

Dobson is a good player, but he has never played above a mid of the road league one side.. I wouldn't lose any sleep over him
  • Dannoo_86 said:
    I wouldn’t care who left us at the moment they are all replaceable. Just look at where we are in the league. Worst team we have had in many years. 
    Where do you think we would be in the table without cbt,Dobson and may of course.
  • TELTEL
    edited January 12
    Are we suggesting that Dobbo is currently on £2500-3000 a week when we are paying Fraser something in the region of £7k? 

(The stated 70% increase )

I'd be pissed off if I was Dobbo if true. 
  • TEL said:
    Are we suggesting that Dobbo is currently on £2500-3000 a week when we are paying Fraser something in the region of £7k? 

(The stated 70% increase )

I'd be pissed off if I was Dobbo if true. 
    Fraser wages are an issue..