Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• All these rumours that Dobson has been offered a massive pay increase are well off the mark ! Dobbo has been offered an increase of around 16% on his current salary and I know this for a fact is why he hasn't signed and his weekly salary is half of what Kirk was being paid. Dobbo doesn't want to leave Charlton as well and loves the club
    6.5K a week isn't a good salary?
  • Steven81 said:
    Dannoo_86 said:
    I wouldn’t care who left us at the moment they are all replaceable. Just look at where we are in the league. Worst team we have had in many years. 
    Where do you think we would be in the table without cbt,Dobson and may of course.
    Valid point but now we look like we are in a position to replace them players with owners spending money. In the Championship the only player that could possibly make the step up right now would be May. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Steven81 said:
    It's a good salary Dubai but when you've put blood sweat and tears into the shirt over the last few years and shirkers like Kirk are on alot more plus injured players and newly arriving players of course you will want close to parity it's the same for any worker.
    I get it from Dobbo point of view, but the club will not pay over the odds now.. We now have a number of good midfielders at the club, and a few that can grow in to the same role that Dobson plays.. He has been offered a good deal, and the club will not offer silly deals like they did in the past to get deals over the line..

And I think this is what Rodwell was getting at during the meeting when contracts were discussed.
    I give him credit for not telling it like it is and that we are basically suffering from crackpot ownerships of the past making it up as they went along.

• Dannoo_86 said:
    Valid point but now we look like we are in a position to replace them players with owners spending money. In the Championship the only player that could possibly make the step up right now would be May. 
    I agree to some extent but the proof is In the pudding, we should be strengthening around our best players not replacing them.CBT has 14 goal contributions in 25 league games unless we are replacing him with Ryan Giggs what's the point of the merry go round we've signed one promising player which is a great start but it's like last year we never replaced rak sakyi and now rely on everything down one wing predictable and will be in same situation every season if we don't keep our best players.
  • If Dobbo goes, and eventually returns to play against us for somebody, I hope I won’t be the only fan to stand and give him heartfelt applause and welcome.

• Steven81 said:
    It's a good salary Dubai but when you've put blood sweat and tears into the shirt over the last few years and shirkers like Kirk are on alot more plus injured players and newly arriving players of course you will want close to parity it's the same for any worker.
    Coupled with you can bet your life that Coventry will be trousering 10k a week upwards.
    Dobson has been our stand out player and without him we'd be in more s*** than we already are.
    You keep your best players.
    Dobson has no interest in him ATM. If I was him, I would take the deal that has been offered.. It is big increase. But he may also be worried about playing time, especially with the club showing ambition. 
  • seth plum said:
    If Dobbo goes, and eventually returns to play against us for somebody, I hope I won’t be the only fan to stand and give him heartfelt applause and welcome.

That's a given Seth
  • Sponsored links:

• seth plum said:
    If Dobbo goes, and eventually returns to play against us for somebody, I hope I won’t be the only fan to stand and give him heartfelt applause and welcome.

100% he has been great for us. But if we really want to get out of this league, we need better players.
  • Steven81 said:

Dannoo_86 said:
    I agree to some extent but the proof is In the pudding, we should be strengthening around our best players not replacing them.CBT has 14 goal contributions in 25 league games unless we are replacing him with Ryan Giggs what's the point of the merry go round we've signed one promising player which is a great start but it's like last year we never replaced rak sakyi and now rely on everything down one wing predictable and will be in same situation every season if we don't keep our best players.
    I agree.. If I had the choice to keep CBT or Dobson, I would choose CBT all day.. So much harder to replace!
  • Midfield has been a real problem area in recent weeks, though signing 3 midfielders in the first 12 days of the window does leave us way overstocked.

As well us Dobson, Fraser, Watson and Anderson, we still have McGrandles, Taylor and Camara to come back from injury. 
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Steven81 said:
    I get it from Dobbo point of view, but the club will not pay over the odds now.. We now have a number of good midfielders at the club, and a few that can grow in to the same role that Dobson plays.. He has been offered a good deal, and the club will not offer silly deals like they did in the past to get deals over the line..

Quite, they just bring in s*** unfit players on loan and waste money that way.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Steven81 said:
    Coupled with you can bet your life that Coventry will be trousering 10k a week upwards.
    Dobson has been our stand out player and without him we'd be in more s*** than we already are.
    Dobson has no interest in him ATM. If I was him, I would take the deal that has been offered.. It is big increase. But he may also be worried about playing time, especially with the club showing ambition. 
    All very well saying a big increase, but that depends on what he is on atm.
    The increase may still mean his salary is not good enough compared to others.
  • edited January 12
    Midfield has been a real problem area in recent weeks, though signing 3 midfielders in the first 12 days of the window does leave us way overstocked.

As well us Dobson, Fraser, Watson and Anderson, we still have McGrandles, Taylor and Camara to come back from injury. 
     It's all part of our new 8+8+8 strategy, 8 injured midfielders plus 8 youth players and 8 signings we should manage to get 2 out on a saturday every game.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 12
    I remember Steve Gallen saying to us, that all the best transfers come at the end of the transfer window.

Does that mean we’ve signed yet another load of duffers, or there’s even better to come?

I guess we’ll find out out how injury prone / how good they are in 6 months time.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Steven81 said:
    I would say, if he really wants to stay, sign the deal.. It is a good deal for him! And pretty sure he will not get the same at any other club! 

He has no interest, from any championship clubs, or top league one clubs.. Only enquiry he has had was from Wrexham.. So that tells you all you need to know!!
  • How much will CBT cost to replace though? An extra 3k a week is 150k a year and about 500k over 3 years. Lose him on a free and the chances of an adequate replacement for 500k is quite slim 
  • How much will CBT cost to replace though? An extra 3k a week is 150k a year and about 500k over 3 years. Lose him on a free and the chances of an adequate replacement for 500k is quite slim 
    I think it's more he doesn't actually want to stay in London
  • CBT going for me would be a big blow , I don't think he's an easy player to replace at all. But if he's got championship interest I would understand him going. 
  • edited January 12
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Steven81 said:
    I would say, if he really wants to stay, sign the deal.. It is a good deal for him! And pretty sure he will not get the same at any other club! 

He has no interest, from any championship clubs, or top league one clubs.. Only enquiry he has had was from Wrexham.. So that tells you all you need to know!!
    So no interest from top league one, suggests interest from elsewhere league one.
  • edited January 12
    DubaiCAFC said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Steven81 said:

So no interest from top league one, suggests interest from elsewhere league one.
    Maybe.. but know one is going to pay him what he has been offered.. And clubs that a lot smaller and lower level than Charlton! Grass isn't always greener
  • Gillesphey is supposed to be signing today
  • Midfield has been a real problem area in recent weeks, though signing 3 midfielders in the first 12 days of the window does leave us way overstocked.

There are massive issues in our current midfield though so glad this is being prioritised as we have looked too powder puff for some time.

Dobson might well be off
    Fraser looks good in glimpses but offers nowhere near enough 
    Watson looked good early doors but not sure what he does
    Anderson is not even close to being ready imo and needs a L2/NL loan
    The rest are injured, 2 long term.

But some steel into midfield and and proper CF and we will stop conceding so many goals.