Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Plan is for Karoy to go out on loan this window 
    Surely not? Rodwell etc think he’s our Xavi
  • edited January 11
    Edit: oops I’m a page behind! Been Col’ed.
  • Assuming Coventry signs before noon tomorrow does he go straight into the team ?  

If so, can he play up front because currently we are very light there. 

(2nd point in jest)
    You don’t just dislodge Fraser the flake like that.  Fraser’s going to up his game and motion to where he wants players to run to much more frequently now.  Coventry’s got to earn his spot 
  • I'm amazed at how many fans know this kid & know how good (or not) he is. Does everyone watch W.Ham reserves ?  Yes, I know he's been loaned out a few times but hardly a household name. 
    Being honest mate I don’t know the kid at all but my point is we beat a number of other clubs apparently including championship clubs that in itself is a change of focus imo
  • Plaaayer said:
    fenaddick said:
    Don’t think Tash would post this without being certain 
    Her dad is the stadium manager so pretty reliable 

• Plan is for Karoy to go out on loan this window 

Exactly what he needs , wonder if AFCW and Jacko would be interested? 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Plan is for Karoy to go out on loan this window 

Exactly what he needs , wonder if AFCW and Jacko would be interested? 
    Don’t think he’d get into their midfield. I would guess he will go to the national league, would guarantee minutes and then we can recall him when we have another injury crisis later in the season 
  • Sponsored links:

• Happy for Purrington. Isn’t he from Exeter? Good move for him 
  • RedChaser said:
    Don’t go to The Valley tomorrow @JamesSeed you’ll have a wasted journey 😉. I did that once for an U21 match at Dartford🤦‍♂️
    Long way from the potteries.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Re the amount of midfielders we'd have on the books - I'd like to think the Coventry signing would free up Anderson to go out on loan and potentially look at moving on from Fraser. I'm also not overly convinced about Camaras fitness record either so depth could actually be very useful. 
    New formation 
    2 6 2
    2.8-0 surely 
  • So am i right assuming Coventry is a Dobson replacement? 

Doesn’t make sense otherwise 
  • edited January 11
    Coventry sounds promising but I had never heard of him until a few days ago when we were linked.  Hope he signs and does well for us and can step up a level.  I also hope he is a catalyst for others to join.

Whilst we have plenty of CM's, next season I would only want us to have retained Dobson (but think he will be sold), Coventry and Taylor.

Fraser, Camara, L Watson, McGrandles can all go

Anderson and Adigun sent on loan.

Fiorini and Bakinson I know nothing about.
  • edited January 11
    Wonder if we’ll go back for Sam Smith if we miss out on JCH?
  • Scoham said:
    Wonder if we’ll go back for Sam Smith if we miss out on JCH?
    Nelson Abbey would be the one but I’m guessing out of our budget, even if we have a fair bit to spend.
  • Think Smith is a very realistic target if we aren't going JCH. Abbey I can see jumping 2 divisions and going somewhere like a Brighton or Brentford. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I think we might have made a very low offer for Abbey. No idea if we’ve gone back with other bids. Think it’s highly unlikely we get near him.
  • Would be happier with Smith than JCH.

Savage might be worth a punt as well.
  • RedChaser said:
    Don’t go to The Valley tomorrow @JamesSeed you’ll have a wasted journey 😉. I did that once for an U21 match at Dartford🤦‍♂️
    Long way from the potteries.
    I didn’t know JS lived just down the road I wonder if he’ll invite me round for a cuppa ☕️ 😉
  • Sam Smith you'll say I'm crazy but you know I think we could get this done.
  • edited January 11
    I think Dobson will stay & CBT will go & we’ll consequently change to 532:

AMB
    Watson - Jones - Hector - Panzo - Edun
    Dobson - Coventry
    Fiorini or Camara (Chem until they are fit)
    May - JCH

If they strengthen the spine this window with the players mentioned above I’d say it will have been a v.gd month (& they can finish the job with other positions in the summer).
  • If this Coventry deal is completed and with the JCH offer I think some ambition is being shown by the new owners and should be applauded. I’ve previously resisted comments about the owners taking a wait and see approach but   from what I’ve seen this window so far its been pretty positive. Still plenty of work to be done but the signs have been good. Just my own opinion of course.
  • Richard J said:
    Would be happier with Smith than JCH.

Savage might be worth a punt as well.
    Smith looked awful when we played them in the JPT.

Definitely not the same level as JCH, Humphrys, Ladapo etc
  • I think Dobson will stay & CBT will go & we’ll consequently change to 532:

AMB
    Watson - Jones - Hector - Panzo - Edun
    Dobson - Coventry
    Fiorini or Camara (Chem until they are fit)
    May - JCH

If they strengthen the spine this window with the players mentioned above I’d say it will have been a v.gd month (& they can finish the job with other positions in the summer).

Good chance Panzo will be Championship bound I think

• I wonder if Coventry coming in frees up Chem to go out wide in his favoured position? 
  • BOOOOOOOOOOOOOO