Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Would be totally cool if we didn't go for JCH. Rather we look elsewhere 
  • If we have really and truly paid a million quid for a player that would twitch my ariel.
  • Coventry is a serious signing. Possibly Scott’s first really good one, hopefully more to come that are that level 
  • Gillesphy, Coventry, JCH... Others???

I know I am getting carried away but if we can secure these guys I am going to be sorely tempted to lump on us finishing top half of L1 this season.

COYA
    If we can secure these guys, I am going to be in need of the smelling salts!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 11
    This has got unveiled on the pitch on Saturday in front of an 8k crowd written all over it.
    Long as he's got his kit on and ready to go, sounds perfect to me...
  • ButtleJR said:
    In other news apparently Lyle Taylor is already being let go by Wycombe. 
    He was not a fan of ‘Little Nursery 

• Will he disappear into the same black hole as the Plymouth CB
  • ButtleJR said:
    In other news apparently Lyle Taylor is already being let go by Wycombe. 
    Can see him going to AFC Wimbledon and they’ll sell Al-Hamadi whilst or when he’s back from the Asian Cup.
  • edited January 11
    Gillesphy, Coventry, JCH... Others???

I know I am getting carried away but if we can secure these guys I am going to be sorely tempted to lump on us finishing top half of L1 this season.

COYA
    Steady…,
  • edited January 11
    Scoham said:
    Wonder if we’ll go back for Sam Smith if we miss out on JCH?
    I feel bad for Reading, but I'd love Harvey Knibbs and Sam Smith. 

Knibbs is a big unit who can play in loads of attacking positions and can score a bag load of goals over the course of a season.

Smith has had his shooting boots on recently and would take the pressure off of Alfie or could even play with him.

23 and 25 years old, good ages. Very realistic signings if Reading are desperate.

Abbey will definitely end up in the prem and out on loan or a championship side. 

Don't know enough about Tom Holmes. Reading definitely have a few diamonds in the rough though well worth looking at 
  • Sponsored links:

• Happy with Coventry, I can't say I've watched him enough to have a good opinion, but he's young and the last two midfielders from West Ham that have ended up here are held in high regard. This could be the move where he really finds his feet and gets settled.

Mixed reviews online but I'll wait and see for myself, Dobson was meant to be crap and Kirk was meant to be great but it was the polar opposites. 

Only 23, got experience of doing well in this league, plays a position we need players in (of quality) and most importantly will give the fans a bit of a buzz. 

Welcome Conor Coventry
  • If Coventry signs that’s three signings two of whom have played for Appleton before. Good to see we have cast the recruiting net far and wide  :)
  • Reckon Nelson Abbey is one of those players Charlton fans rave about and will end up kicking around Championship / L1.
  • Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Kyle Edwards had returned to Ipswich following his loan at Oxford due to injury. They were really impressed with him when he played. Believe he’s out of contract in the summer and is the perfect replacement for CBT.

A player who I will watch out for in the future and hope we go in for him.
    Contract terminated at Ipswich.

Sign him up, let the new Brighton physician set a detailed plan for him, get him in great shape ready to be a real threat for next season.

Potential to be the best winger in this league and someone who could definitely make the step up. As said, more so as we’re very likely to lose CBT.
    Think he’s at Oxford doing his recovery, would think they are in pole position to sign him 
  • Sounds promising but just for once can we wait until Conor Coventry signs, plays and can link up with other players in the team because if we can't get some partnerships working all over the field then we will be stuck as a mid table league 1 team (on a good day) 

Not my style to slag the whole squad off, I leave that to 80% of CL but I also won't go overboard until players stay fit, play games and perform to a higher standard to players they replace.

The much criticised Andy Scott is a football man and he knows it's a results business and this window is important to his credibility but if the results don't improve, that's how he will be judged.
  • Coventry sounds like a very decent signing.

However this is coming from someone who was well pleased we signed Terry Thomas! so what do I know?
  • Just catching up and can’t be bothered to read the 8 zillion posts I’ve missed,  so apologies if these boring one liners have been used before re Conor Coventry

Surely he can’t be  better than Karoy Anderson ?
    Hopefully he fails his fitness test which will guarantee we sign him 

• NabySarr said:
    Sage said:
    Sage said:
    Kyle Edwards had returned to Ipswich following his loan at Oxford due to injury. They were really impressed with him when he played. Believe he’s out of contract in the summer and is the perfect replacement for CBT.

A player who I will watch out for in the future and hope we go in for him.
    Contract terminated at Ipswich.

Sign him up, let the new Brighton physician set a detailed plan for him, get him in great shape ready to be a real threat for next season.

Potential to be the best winger in this league and someone who could definitely make the step up. As said, more so as we’re very likely to lose CBT.
    Think he’s at Oxford doing his recovery, would think they are in pole position to sign him 
    May well be, but would hope we would show an interest. Current and former players of ours know him too. Fraser at Ipswich together, Corey grew up near him and are of the same age, Leko came through WBA with him, and more importantly, Appleton at West Brom so would have previously worked with him.