Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• RedChaser said:
    Heard a rumour about us interested in Naill Ennis on loan from Blackburn. Done pretty well for Plymouth 
    Was mentioned a couple of days ago;
    January 8 edited January 8
    Dizzle said:
    It’s Nixon, so take it as you will, but he says we are interested in Niall Ennis
    He’s was signed by Blackburn on a 4 year deal last May so presumably it would be a loan deal 🤷‍♂️

Local paper extract 15 December;

‘Ennis has been handed a series of setbacks. He arrived at the club with a groin injury, then picked up a knee complaint before suffering a hamstring issue in a recent Under-21s match. All of that has meant he's spent more time in the gym than at Ewood Park. After getting his first start on Tuesday, the aim for him is staying fit and available.’
    Sounds solid based on the Injuries, I expect him to be rolled out of his bubble wrap at sparrows lane tomorrow!
  • So Scott is meeting a player tonight instead of being at the meeting. Wonder if it's JCH or someone else?
  • Should also put in this thread... Rodwell said during the fan's meeting that the January window would be more about loans than permanent signings.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Hopefully that’s where Andy Scott is, convincing him to come to us!
  • fenaddick said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    could be who Scott is meeting with tonight 
    Hopefully 
  • Sponsored links:

• Chunes said:
    Should also put in this thread... Rodwell said during the fan's meeting that the January window would be more about loans than permanent signings.
    But to be fair he did say we are chasing permanent deals and have offers in but we may see loans come in as stop gaps before we chase those players again in the summer but too that the loans would have to be an improvement on what we already have.
    Don't be sensible
    You and your brother aren't allowed to be sensible in January!
  • Chunes said:
    Should also put in this thread... Rodwell said during the fan's meeting that the January window would be more about loans than permanent signings.
    But to be fair he did say we are chasing permanent deals and have offers in but we may see loans come in as stop gaps before we chase those players again in the summer but too that the loans would have to be an improvement on what we already have.
    I think they said the same thing about the loans in the summer.
  • Chunes said:
    Good job we have Andy Scott then, who has a great track record in finding the best loan players…

What is the point in loans when we have nothing to play for? 
  • edited January 10
    NabySarr said:
    Chunes said:
    Good job we have Andy Scott then, who has a great track record in finding the best loan players…

What is the point in loans when we have nothing to play for? 
    To stave off relegation so we can sign another shedload of useless shite in the summer and do it all over again
  • edited January 11
    I wonder if Jake Young from Bradford would be worth a look at

Scored 16-goals on loan at Swindon this season already before being recalled a few weeks ago

He's 6.1ft and just 22-years old...

Others might know more about him than me just by looking at stats though
    I don't know a huge amount about him but he feels a real risk of being a flash in the pan to me. Half a season being a great scorer in L2 behind him and even with those goals and Bradford sitting in 14th their fans were discussing on their board the merits of whether he would get into their team once recalled from Swindon. Personally seems risky but I have never seen him play so who knows.

I have said on here before but Max Dean I find interesting at MKDons.  Same risk of only half a season success in L2 but in his highlights and described character traits he seems like an Alfie May the second to me.
  • So, pay day loans it is then?
  • DOBBO: can I start by saying that I love Dobbo, I think he is the best player in the team with Alfie and I also know there is no loyalty in football but remember when he signed for us, there were Sunderland fans a plenty calling him useless, good riddance and will drive him to Charlton myself, since then he has progressed greatly here to the extent that he was given the captain's armband, now after a good last season and a half he wants away! I know all the arguments about basket case club and all that but a bit of loyalty wouldn't go a miss, I am sure he has been made a very good offer and it gets on my threepenny bits when you take a player out of a shite situation they were in, improve them and suddenly they want off, I'll don the old battered tin hat now whoever has got it
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 10
    Grovenuts said:
    DOBBO: can I start by saying that I love Dobbo, I think he is the best player in the team with Alfie and I also know there is no loyalty in football but remember when he signed for us, there were Sunderland fans a plenty calling him useless, good riddance and will drive him to Charlton myself, since then he has progressed greatly here to the extent that he was given the captain's armband, now after a good last season and a half he wants away! I know all the arguments about basket case club and all that but a bit of loyalty wouldn't go a miss, I am sure he has been made a very good offer and it gets on my threepenny bits when you take a player out of a shite situation they were in, improve them and suddenly they want off, I'll don the old battered tin hat now whoever has got it
    You agree a 3 year contract and a player stays and gives his all for 3 years, that's fair enough, and I don't think the player owes the club anything.

It's different when players want iut 2 years into a 3 year deal or whatever.

If a player is good for a while then out of form for the last year of a contract, a club has no issue releasing them.

Obviously I'd be very happy if Dobson signed a new contract.
  • Most teams sign strikers because they're desperate for goals, whereas in our case, it's the hold up play and physical presence we lack, so I'd have no problem with Michael Smith. 

We have a David Whyte or Clive Mendonca already, but lack the Carl Leaburn for them to play off.

I suspect Smith would prefer to stay further north though. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Are they not talking? Have they sent Coventry to Coventry?
  • edited January 11
    If Dobson leaves then it’s all Bromley Addicks fault.

Simple as that.

Same goes for CBT too.
  • edited January 11
    If Dobson leaves then it’s all Bromley Addicks fault.

Simple as that.

Same goes for CBT too.
    Na... they will just blame the owners!! LOL!!
  • edited January 12
    Hull have signed a new number 10 which could enable Greg Docherty to leave

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/67929036