Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• I wonder if Jake Young from Bradford would be worth a look at

Scored 16-goals on loan at Swindon this season already before being recalled a few weeks ago

He's 6.1ft and just 22-years old...

Others might know more about him than me just by looking at stats though
    Mentioned him on the Clarke-Harris thread in passing, as Peterborough are being linked with him as a Clarke-Harris replacement.

On the logic that they scout better than us, could be worth looking  :D

• I'd be really disappointed if we were trying to sign Michael Smith.

Just doesn't excite me.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Much I like a pun… please start a Big Melon thread. There’s nothing more annoying than seeing that there are dozens of new posts on this thread, to find they’re all about honey being due or something. 
    Agreed @JamesMelonSeeds.

Just doesn't excite me.
    Perfect as a hold up man to bring others into play, but bit of a Jayden Stockley "lump" type Striker

Has 19 and 17-goals in his last two League One campaigns
    Would also give us that Yann / Stockley added strength defending set pieces.
  • Humphreys or Ahadme for me with JCH messing around

Collins from bristol rovers although he hasnt scored as many this year always loves an assist and remember him holding the ball up and being strong against us worth a cheeky bid
  • If this is true, then losing JCH is real evidence that the last few years have done serious damage to the CAFC brand. I would guess that 2-3 years ago, a player like this would have jumped at the chance to join CAFC. We are no longer seen as a big / attractive club (even in league 1) any more I fear.

Especially if good money isnt even getting deals like this done.
    I think regardless of club size or history, it’s all based on where you are in the table. The higher up you are the better players you will attract, regardless of your brand or history, let’s just hope we head upwards for the foreseeable! 

A very good post.
    Sadly, we are now in danger of becoming a regular third division club.  Fans hark back to the Premier League days but that is now 16/17 seasons ago now.
    For the player of today in their 20-30's, that is like ancient history to them.

Just doesn't excite me.
    If we do and he were to do enough to ensure we don't go down, who cares
  • Sponsored links:

• Well we've signed a young and promising midfielder on loan from West Ham today.

For the women's team

Just doesn't excite me.
    It's him or a Matt Smith. Make your choice.
  • If this is true, then losing JCH is real evidence that the last few years have done serious damage to the CAFC brand. I would guess that 2-3 years ago, a player like this would have jumped at the chance to join CAFC. We are no longer seen as a big / attractive club (even in league 1) any more I fear.

Especially if good money isnt even getting deals like this done.
    Why .. if he wants to go aboard and finish his career outside of the UK that’s hot nothing to do with us as a club 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.thestar.co.uk//sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-receive-transfer-offers-for-striker-wanted-by-derby-county-4473183

Sheffield Wednesday have received approaches for Michael Smith , I wonder if he could be an alternative option for us?
    Ex player knows the area most likey got family down here .. excellent player at this level and better option then JHC 
  • Or maybe Peterborough don’t want to sell him before we play them on Saturday….. 
    I don't think the problem is with them. They agreed a fee with us late last week. Its now just down to agreeing terms with JCH. 

As people have said, he plainly wants to wait & see if other clubs come in for him. That's his prerogative. We, on the other hand, don't have time to "wait & see". We needed a striker in weeks ago. As every game passes we are losing ground as we dont have an effective strike force.

Time to move on. 
  • JCH obviously doesn't want to join us even with a hefty wage increase.
    Lets withdraw our offer and move on ...

And the benefit to us is ?
  • Anyone else heard that we have enquired about Reece Burke at Luton? 
    Wasn’t he a name linked a few years back? Good player
  • Sponsored links:

Would be surprised.

Luton have lost Lockyer to his issues, so another centre back leaving may be unlikely, and beyond that I think he could do better than L1.

He's at the least a solid Championship defender.
  • I seem to remember Reece Burke coming up multiple times in the past , just think as has been said above , Luton aren't in a position to be moving any CBs out after the incident with Locks. 
  • Meets the criteria of being injured 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    https://www.thestar.co.uk//sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-receive-transfer-offers-for-striker-wanted-by-derby-county-4473183

Sheffield Wednesday have received approaches for Michael Smith , I wonder if he could be an alternative option for us?
    Ex player knows the area most likey got family down here .. excellent player at this level and better option then JHC 
    Why would a player from the north east who
    left Charlton 10 years ago have family here?
    They must have been Darlington Gypsies
  • A colleague of mine, slightly tongue in cheek, describes as the most league 1 club - when you look at the teams in it the most often over the past 10 years, it's hard to argue 
  • Heard a rumour about us interested in Naill Ennis on loan from Blackburn. Done pretty well for Plymouth 
  • Or maybe Peterborough don’t want to sell him before we play them on Saturday….. 
    I think that could be the biggest reason.
  • Heard a rumour about us interested in Naill Ennis on loan from Blackburn. Done pretty well for Plymouth 
    Was mentioned a couple of days ago;
    January 8 edited January 8
    Dizzle said:
    It’s Nixon, so take it as you will, but he says we are interested in Niall Ennis
    He’s was signed by Blackburn on a 4 year deal last May so presumably it would be a loan deal 🤷‍♂️

Local paper extract 15 December;

‘Ennis has been handed a series of setbacks. He arrived at the club with a groin injury, then picked up a knee complaint before suffering a hamstring issue in a recent Under-21s match. All of that has meant he's spent more time in the gym than at Ewood Park. After getting his first start on Tuesday, the aim for him is staying fit and available.’