Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Then Lyle refuses to play as he's got something lined up for the end of the season.  Big big school offer.
  • How about abit of underhand tactic's with Peterborough to unsettle them before the game. Make an 'offer" for Poku ( through the media) to see if it interests him or rattles Peterborough. If their interested , well he seems to be an up and coming player anyway
    I suggested him 2 or 3 years ago when he was an exciting starlet at Col U.  Tricky and looks like he'll have a decent career
  • AndyG said:
    JCH obviously doesn't want to join us even with a hefty wage increase.
    Lets withdraw our offer and move on ...

Totally agree with this ! if the bloke is taking this much time to decide then he isnt worth the wait. If he isnt commited to the move then it will be a flop. Not the clubs fault they are obviously trying to spend money but you cant force players to sign
    Do you make life changing decisions over a few days?
  • AndyG said:

Totally agree with this ! if the bloke is taking this much time to decide then he isnt worth the wait. If he isnt commited to the move then it will be a flop. Not the clubs fault they are obviously trying to spend money but you cant force players to sign
    Our offer has happened over the last few days. The player made his mind up months, even a year ago that he wasn't signing a new contract at peterborough

he must have had many a conversation with his agent during that time about what his options are and what package he is after. 

Our offer either falls short and we all move on or it's within the scales discussed all year with his agent and he accepts. The only new parts to the equation are playing l1 again for a mid table side and moving to this area. The other parts should be a quick and easy to agree/reject
  • edited January 10
    J BLOCK said:
    JCH deal as good as dead according to the other forum. I hope we make a move for Humphrys, I feel he would be better fit for us.
    Disappointing I hoped we would have secured at least 1 perm by now. 

Here's one mate.
    Agree...hair's quite nice as well...🙄
  • Sponsored links:

• If this is true, then losing JCH is real evidence that the last few years have done serious damage to the CAFC brand. I would guess that 2-3 years ago, a player like this would have jumped at the chance to join CAFC. We are no longer seen as a big / attractive club (even in league 1) any more I fear.

Especially if good money isnt even getting deals like this done.
    Managed to sign Alfie May who wouldn't have been short of suitors in the summer.
  • If this is true, then losing JCH is real evidence that the last few years have done serious damage to the CAFC brand. I would guess that 2-3 years ago, a player like this would have jumped at the chance to join CAFC. We are no longer seen as a big / attractive club (even in league 1) any more I fear.

I think regardless of club size or history, it’s all based on where you are in the table. The higher up you are the better players you will attract, regardless of your brand or history, let’s just hope we head upwards for the foreseeable! 
  • iaitch said:
    Then Lyle refuses to play as he's got something lined up for the end of the season.  Big big school offer.
    So this isn't entirely factual and I think if we all knew the truth, we might not feel so much ill towards Lyle as we should Southall. If it wasn't for him, both Gallagher and Lyle would still have been there. 
  • edited January 10
    If this is true, then losing JCH is real evidence that the last few years have done serious damage to the CAFC brand. I would guess that 2-3 years ago, a player like this would have jumped at the chance to join CAFC. We are no longer seen as a big / attractive club (even in league 1) any more I fear.

I think regardless of club size or history, it’s all based on where you are in the table. The higher up you are the better players you will attract, regardless of your brand or history, let’s just hope we head upwards for the foreseeable! 

A very good post.
    Sadly, we are now in danger of becoming a regular third division club.  Fans hark back to the Premier League days but that is now 16/17 seasons ago now.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    iaitch said:
    Then Lyle refuses to play as he's got something lined up for the end of the season.  Big big school offer.
    So this isn't entirely factual and I think if we all knew the truth, we might not feel so much ill towards Lyle as we should Southall. If it wasn't for him, both Gallagher and Lyle would still have been there. 
    I see what you did there 🙂

Managed to sign Alfie May who wouldn't have been short of suitors in the summer.
    I think a lot of that was due to Alfie wanting to be close to home though.
  • AndyG said:

Hardly a life changing decision. One of either being pretty wealthy....or very wealthy. Been playing a long time. Must have learnt a few bob. It's mugs like us who effectively pay their wages....and inflate their ego's :)
  • edited January 10
    I wonder if Jake Young from Bradford would be worth a look at

Scored 16-goals on loan at Swindon this season already before being recalled a few weeks ago

He's 6.1ft and just 22-years old...

Others might know more about him than me just by looking at stats though
  • Sponsored links:

• Melrose said:
    If this is true, then losing JCH is real evidence that the last few years have done serious damage to the CAFC brand. I would guess that 2-3 years ago, a player like this would have jumped at the chance to join CAFC. We are no longer seen as a big / attractive club (even in league 1) any more I fear.

Alfie actually WANTED to come here.
    I thought i read on here that JCH wanted to come here as well, till his bloody Agent bless him stuck his oar in...🤷‍♂️
  • Or maybe Peterborough don’t want to sell him before we play them on Saturday….. 
  • sam3110 said:
    How do people even know he's stalling? 

Impatient weirdos
    Im not impatient or a weirdo mate. The fact is that the clubs have agreed a fee days ago. If the player wants to join it shouldnt take that long to decide. If he is taking this long then he is obviously looking around. That being the case he isnt that bothered about joining us so he can do one imo. We have enough players already that are just here taking a wage
  • Or maybe Peterborough don’t want to sell him before we play them on Saturday….. 
    They said in the public domain they have accepted a bid and the balls in his court with the offer we have put across..think they want there money and as we are pretty poor at the moment, they will be confident beating us anyway!
  • https://www.thestar.co.uk//sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-receive-transfer-offers-for-striker-wanted-by-derby-county-4473183

Sheffield Wednesday have received approaches for Michael Smith , I wonder if he could be an alternative option for us?
  • Understandable... If he goes in Summer they don't get a fee.
  • Melrose said:
    AndyG said:

Hardly a life changing decision. One of either being pretty wealthy....or very wealthy. Been playing a long time. Must have learnt a few bob. It's mugs like us who effectively pay their wages....and inflate their ego's :)
    I don’t think any of us would behave any differently if we were in his shoes (I may have said that earlier).
  • edited January 10
    Plaaayer said:
    No need to be melondramatic
    this makes me feel somewhat Melloncholic
  • Master of PR, think of how many jobs he was linked to when he was with us.

As with Appleton, his in-game management is terrible.