Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Options
    supaclive said:
    Ben Krauhaus is left footed, has brilliant balance, is very creative and lives for the big moment. 
    He has an almost radar like awareness of his surroundings and has very good timing of touch to move the ball away from his defender.
    He was fantastic in the FAYC run playing in two rotations of the competition. 
    He’s not the most defensive of players, will do it but it’s not an instinctive process for him or something he likes to do. 
    He can play right or left wing and 10. When he’s in the free role he will find the space and hurt your weak spot. My feeling is he’ll end up being given a chance in the Championship. 

Bromley to the Championship?
    Just like that?
    Are you related?
    Like Kellen Fisher. Now at Norwich straight from Bromley in the same year group as Ben.
    Ollie Tanner went from Bromley to Lewes to Cardiff.

I am not related.
    Interestingly Ben was released from the Charlton Academy at under 14.
  • Options
    On occasion our recruitment has surprised and pleased me but on reflection, those moments are like a bath sponge trying to absorb a tsunami.
  • Options
    hate to disappoint you all, but don't expect much in January
    No-one has any expectations for January. It's very clear what needs to be done and equally clear that it won't happen.
  • Options
    supaclive said:
    Yes we have named two that did it direct.
    It's a big jump. 
    What point are you trying to make? You've just mocked someone for saying it's ridiculous to suggest a player could go from National League to Championship and when it's pointed out it can be done you dismiss it. Jamie Vardy, Ethan Pinnock, Max Kilman, Dan Burn, Jarrod Bowen, Solly March, there's plenty of players who have played at the top level now who were spotted at non-league teams and signed for Championship teams and either went straight in or were given a bit of time to develop. It's always a gamble signing a player from down there but it's hardly a ridiculous suggestion
  • Options
    Cancelling loans is one way that the club would be able to free up funds and cut the squad size as well as looking to move on players surplus to requirements, like Kirk

But the question is whether we will have the ability to end loan deals or the parent club has control over that calt

As Michael Appleton says below

“It tends to be more of a two-way thing at times,” “Sometimes you have it written in there as an absolute must but a lot of the time it is more of an agreement between two clubs that there is a week, or a two-week, period where both parties have a look and assess it – is it going well? Is it not going well? Is it worth continuing etc?

“I think it works both ways. It’s one of them where if there isn’t a clause in there then the relationship between yourselves and the parent club is important because sometimes there is an opportunity for both parties to go their separate ways. I’ve done that at previous clubs. Is it the right thing for both parties?

Also remember about that letter Methven stated he wrote to the Football League back in September about going over the Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP), a measurement whereby a club’s player-related expenditure cannot exceed the sum of 60% of its relevant turnover. 

An equity injection covered that back then so i would presume it can be done again in January if the owners wish to do so. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    Cancelling loans is one way that the club would be able to free up funds and cut the squad size as well as looking to move on players surplus to requirements, like Kirk

But the question is whether we will have the ability to end loan deals or the parent club has control over that calt

As Michael Appleton says below

“It tends to be more of a two-way thing at times,” “Sometimes you have it written in there as an absolute must but a lot of the time it is more of an agreement between two clubs that there is a week, or a two-week, period where both parties have a look and assess it – is it going well? Is it not going well? Is it worth continuing etc?

“I think it works both ways. It’s one of them where if there isn’t a clause in there then the relationship between yourselves and the parent club is important because sometimes there is an opportunity for both parties to go their separate ways. I’ve done that at previous clubs. Is it the right thing for both parties?

Also remember about that letter Methven stated he wrote to the Football League back in September about going over the Salary Cost Management Protocol (SCMP), a measurement whereby a club’s player-related expenditure cannot exceed the sum of 60% of its relevant turnover. 

An equity injection covered that back then so i would presume it can be done again in January if the owners wish to do so. 

Udinese and Wolves will be pretty happy to terminate Abankwah and Chem Campbells agreements as they aren’t playing. 

Tedic and Camara (probably the larger financial contributions) might be a bit tricky as Ipswich/City will probably prefer us to keep paying what we are as they won’t get moves elsewhere, hopefully we’ve got termination clauses in those 2 as they will free up room 

The owners can put more money in, but I’m thinking we will probably hear the same old “need players out before we can bring more in” and SCMP being brought up by Methvens army on here once he’s briefed them. If we have a decent December then there are no excuses, they need to back us 
  • Options

1) if it was your money would you spend more (and incur bigger losses) or look for efficiency savings?
    2)All the more "successful" teams  are  running at a loss (except us-we have the loss but not results)

So how much can you spend in the transfer window? I'd suggest only  what you recoup through selling or off loading at the very maximum
  • Options
    edited December 2023

Can’t remember a good January transfer window and don’t expect this will be any different.

A slow simmer rises to an angry boil as we reach the 31st January with no signings incoming. A desperate scramble commences as the deadline nears, and in comes a bunch of absolute wastemen to continue the cycle of ineptitude.
  • Options
    NabySarr said:
    arny23394 said:
    Does anybody know why Chem Campbell hasn’t had a look in? From the little I saw of him, he looked a better option than TC & Tedic on the right.
    I agree he should be playing, but I also can make a pretty good guess at why Appleton isn’t picking him. 

He doesn’t do enough running without the ball. He doesn’t make runs in behind when we’ve got the ball or work hard enough when we don’t have it. TC isn’t much better but although he jumps out of any challenge he does at least do the running part even if it’s mostly running around like a headless chicken 
    Yeah and what does mediocre Michael know about football.....Fuck all!!!
  • Options

1) if it was your money would you spend more (and incur bigger losses) or look for efficiency savings?
    2)All the more "successful" teams  are  running at a loss (except us-we have the loss but not results)

So how much can you spend in the transfer window? I'd suggest only  what you recoup through selling or off loading at the very maximum
    At least the other teams at the bottom of that graph have got promoted or in the play-offs whilst we struggle to mid-table 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    With Miles now being sidelined for effectively the rest of the season, will we now see how 'serious' this new ownership are about getting CAFC promoted. Tedic has not been the answer, and needs to go back, Kanu is not ready for game after game and May can't keep being the main man week in and week out.
    Scott needs to stop talking the talk and start walking the walk...no freebies or young loans, but spend some dosh on a proven experienced striker. Then back it up with a new CB as a minimum.
    Do i think it'll happen...sadly no! How I hope I'm proved wrong!
    This.

Not splashing out on at least 1 striker could well mean struggling just to finish mid table. 

Imo we need 2 strikers (1 to replace Leaburn & 1 back up to replace Tedic)

2 centre halves (1 to replace Hector & 1 to replace Ness)

1 midfield General ala Kinsella. 
    Agree with all of that Golfie, I'd be quite happy with loans for one of the strikers and one of the defenders, but they would have to be loans that are a serious step up from the ones already at the club. The midfield general I would want as a permanent, so we can build a stronger midfield around him and the permanent striker for similar reasons, as we know that when Chuks plays we are a threat so we need that physical presence, one thing though, none of this will be easy in January.   
  • Options
    Most likely outcome of the Jan window is a major fallout between Appleton and Scott resulting in our fourth manager of the season. 
    4th? Holden, Appleton, who have I missed 
  • Options
    Most likely outcome of the Jan window is a major fallout between Appleton and Scott resulting in our fourth manager of the season. 
    you must have blinked (twice)
  • Options
    Pearce?
  • Options
    hate to disappoint you all, but don't expect much in January
    Why we are looking to bring in 4 players .. centre back from WBA one we are interested in and a striker we tired to sign in the summer … could be a player exchange involving Kirk but his wages could be major stumbling block 
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Does anybody know why Chem Campbell hasn’t had a look in? From the little I saw of him, he looked a better option than TC & Tedic on the right.
    Different manager …. people forget MA working with someone else’s squad .. 
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Ben Krauhaus a right winger from Bromley has been linked with us on Football League World. Anyone know anything about him? 
    Looked decent against Blackpool in the FA cup
  • Options

Wonder if we are keeping tabs on the Wimbledon forward Al Hamadi?