Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• So agree with Redmidland on all points.
  • you are right Red but it won’t happen as all clubs know we need a striker so the price goes up and I think the owners will leave it until the summer 
  • Given Methven’s comments after the last transfer window suggesting we were over our wage limit, I’m struggling to see how we’re going to pull off anything significant here. If we want to get senior players in we’ll have to shift a decent amount of wages, more than we’d be able to get from loaning out Kirk. Gambling on young players who don’t count towards the financial rules will be our only hope (not always a bad thing, but Andy Scott’s loan record doesn’t fill me with confidence).
  • Smithy said:
    Given Methven’s comments after the last transfer window suggesting we were over our wage limit, I’m struggling to see how we’re going to pull off anything significant here. If we want to get senior players in we’ll have to shift a decent amount of wages, more than we’d be able to get from loaning out Kirk. Gambling on young players who don’t count towards the financial rules will be our only hope (not always a bad thing, but Andy Scott’s loan record doesn’t fill me with confidence).
    Depends how much we are paying for Abankwah, Camara, Chem Campbell and Tedić as we might be able to free up some room by ending their loans if we can 
  • Sponsored links:

• MrBurns said:
    Hopefully we're looking at Ladapo 

Him on loan and JCH perm would be decent.  We need perma to actually create building blocks for the future. Currently we have none really.  
  • Over the last couple of seasons I have felt we have become over reliant on right footed players on the left. Indeed when Edun and Fraser were both out injured recently we played a number of matches where AMB was the only left footed player in the 18.

I think unless anything changes in the next month Abankwah and Chem Campbell will depart.

In terms of Camara, could we do a deal with Ipswich whereby we take on the last six months of his contract? That way we could get another loan slot whilst keeping open an opportunity for a player who is clearly more than good enough for us. Otherwise I would agree that his loan should be terminated.

Tedic is an interesting one. He must have something about him to be under contract to Manchester City. I do hope that now he is going to get regular opportunities that he might improve. If we did send him back I'd hope that we would have a like for like replacement already sourced.

The only loan I feel will almost certainly stay is Louie Watson. He has been a regular squad member although I have concerns that he rarely lasts 90 minutes.

So who comes in? If Ladapo is realistic then I feel it would be a no brainer to sign him. I suspect that a lot would depend on Ipswich signing an upgrade in the window and he will certainly have other suiters at this level. In L1 like May he is an exceptional striker.

I believe we need another left footed defender. Ideally someone who both could cover Edun at left back but also give us balance if we play three at the back . In squad terms maybe Ness or Thomas could be sacrificed to allow such an incoming. Does anyone have names that would fit this profile?

In addition we also clearly we need another central defender to replace Abankwah. I like the sound of either of the rumours here Taylor of WBA or O' Riordan at Crewe. Would Kirk fancy returning to Gresty Road in part exchange?

Midfield is interesting as technically we have numbers here,but are caught short because of injuries. Two names that have been mentioned before are Lewis Bate and Joe Powell. Both are left footed and either would improve us in my view.

Out wide. Are there any left footed players available? We have missed the variety that JRS gave us last season and have become quite predictable. A lot also depends on what happens with CBT..So maybe we would need two players.

Finally goalkeeper. Will Isted be available soon? If not we would either need to extend Sam Walker's contract or maybe source a loan. Walker should be good enough in L1 although I appreciate he looked nervous at times against Cray.
  • Ben Krauhaus a right winger from Bromley has been linked with us on Football League World. Anyone know anything about him? 
  • Richard J said:
    Ben Krauhaus a right winger from Bromley has been linked with us on Football League World. Anyone know anything about him? 
    I know his agent posts on Football League World.

Cardiff Swansea Millwall Derby and Bolton are also mentioned.
  • Richard J said:
    Ben Krauhaus a right winger from Bromley has been linked with us on Football League World. Anyone know anything about him? 
    More of a defender than a winger I thought.

His dad Carl is a manager with the Community Trust.

Was speaking to one of Bromley's scouts who is also a Charlton fan and he reckons he's ready for league football.
  • As long as he's not another one who shirks the defensive side of the game. 
  • You been on the hooch Seth?
  • I think it was Abraham Lincoln who said the first quality needed in Politics in knowing how to count.
    If we won all of our remaining games we would get 110 points.
    Following the age old saying of taking each game one at a time, taking them as they come and trying to win each game, my method would be to win the next one game (Cambridge at home), and then the next one game after that, and so on game by game.
    I don't feel like being realistic any more after all these seasons being dire, I believe in aspiration and billionaires.

So as this is a transfer thread I expect our billionaires to dip into their vast pockets for the club they love.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2023
    As has been said, one permanent striker (as a building block to improve the squad longer term) and one loan striker to replace Tedic has to be the minimum in January. Also a decent centre back addition. Anything in addition to those three would be a bonus. Do I think it will happen? Hell no.
  • Wondering whether Rodders & Scotty will be asked about recruitment plans for January at Thursday's Q & A at Brommers ?
  • Ben Krauhaus is left footed, has brilliant balance, is very creative and lives for the big moment. 
    He has an almost radar like awareness of his surroundings and has very good timing of touch to move the ball away from his defender.
    He was fantastic in the FAYC run playing in two rotations of the competition. 
    He’s not the most defensive of players, will do it but it’s not an instinctive process for him or something he likes to do. 
    He can play right or left wing and 10. When he’s in the free role he will find the space and hurt your weak spot. My feeling is he’ll end up being given a chance in the Championship. 

• Ben Krauhaus is left footed, has brilliant balance, is very creative and lives for the big moment. 
    He has an almost radar like awareness of his surroundings and has very good timing of touch to move the ball away from his defender.
    He’s not the most defensive of players, will do it but it’s not an instinctive process for him or something he likes to do. 
    He can play right or left wing and 10. When he’s in the free role he will find the space and hurt your weak spot. My feeling is he’ll end up being given a chance in the Championship. 

Bromley to the Championship?
    Just like that?
    Are you related?
  • supaclive said:
    Ben Krauhaus is left footed, has brilliant balance, is very creative and lives for the big moment. 

Bromley to the Championship?
    Just like that?
    Are you related?
    Don't forget Sorba Thomas from Boreham Wood
  • Yes we have named two that did it direct.
    It's a big jump. 
  • Carl Krauhaus (dad?) is involved with our community trust…
  • supaclive said:
    Yes we have named two that did it direct.
    It's a big jump. 
    Huge jump! Totally agree. .
  • edited December 2023
    supaclive said:
    Yes we have named two that did it direct.
    It's a big jump. 
    I worry less about the jump, more about the player. But that's just me.