Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January 2024 Transfer Rumours (D/day starts pg.263)

Comments

• Options
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Sounds like we are back in for Ladapo on loan from Ipswich, would imagine that means Tedic loan will be terminated.
    Or Leaburn is about to be sold.
    To be honest I'd be happy if we get a decent fee and reinvest it. He doesn't look bothered about playing for us anymore. 
    He's not playing well, he could be frustrated or might even be playing with an injury. Or just in a bad run of form as happens with young players. I hope of all the players we'd give the benefit of the doubt to, it would be a Leaburn. 
    At the moment he doesn't seem interested and looks totally fed up.
  • Options
    Alex Hartridge - left sided CB at ECFC, contract expires soon and suggestion he wants to move on. He’s decent. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Sounds like we are back in for Ladapo on loan from Ipswich, would imagine that means Tedic loan will be terminated.
    To be honest I'd be happy if we get a decent fee and reinvest it. He doesn't look bothered about playing for us anymore. 
    He's not playing well, he could be frustrated or might even be playing with an injury. Or just in a bad run of form as happens with young players. I hope of all the players we'd give the benefit of the doubt to, it would be a Leaburn. 
    He apparently wanted to leave for Germany in the summer. Also heard he's had a few discussions with upper championship/premier League clubs so IMO he won't be here long. Why not take the money if we can reinvest? 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    ButtleJR said:
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:
    He apparently wanted to leave for Germany in the summer. Also heard he's had a few discussions with upper championship/premier League clubs so IMO he won't be here long. Why not take the money if we can reinvest? 
    I've got no problem with selling him at the right price, can't see him being here next season anyway. But that's different from questioning his attitude. 

Side note, not sure how he's having discussions with other clubs unless bids have been accepted. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:
    I've got no problem with selling him at the right price, can't see him being here next season anyway. But that's different from questioning his attitude. 

Side note, not sure how he's having discussions with other clubs unless bids have been accepted. 
    Remember players can talk to clubs in the last 6 months of their contract.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:

He's under contract until 2025
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:

Because it happens all the time. It might not strictly be legal but in this modern age when player power is stronger than ever no club is going to bid for a player without knowing they want to come 
  • Options
    Sure his agent is talking to other clubs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ButtleJR said:
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Miles has alot of potential for sure but at the moment thats all it is, potential, if we can get a decent fee for him with a sell on clause I would take it. There have been countless young players that have bags of potential that is never realised. Take the money now and use it to build the squad
  • Options
    fenaddick said:
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:

Because it happens all the time. It might not strictly be legal but in this modern age when player power is stronger than ever no club is going to bid for a player without knowing they want to come 
    Or without knowing what wages etc they’d want. It’s naive to think it doesn’t happen.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:

He wasn't when the discussions were being had.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Either way, I hope we've tried to improve his contract and thus extend it. That's how you get good fees.

Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:

He signed that contract in the summer of 2022
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:

He was, he signed the contract in the summer of 2022 before he had made his competitive debut.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Corey Blackett (to use the official Curbs name for him)  is one of our most skillful players and can be really outstanding when the ball is at his feet but when it isn't (which due to the nature of the game, is most of the time)  he contributes nothing. Even his running off the ball is terrible.

When he does leave in January it might make us a better team and certainly tougher to beat.
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Miles has alot of potential for sure but at the moment thats all it is, potential, if we can get a decent fee for him with a sell on clause I would take it. There have been countless young players that have bags of potential that is never realised. Take the money now and use it to build the squad
    Crazy. It's not just potential, last season he was hugely influencing games. He's not on his best form right now, maybe the formation doesn't quite suit him, but he's easily worthy of being a lock for our starting 11 when Chuks isn't fit, and arguably even when he is.

Plus I think Tracey and Carl have raised their son to be better than sulking on the pitch. Just because he doesn't celebrate enthusiastically after scoring against Cray Valley doesn't mean he's pissed off with Charlton or not trying.
    He's a bit out of form (which does happen to every player sometimes), the formation isn't one that's best suited and as a striker he is probably a bit frustrated to see May going on a red hot streak just as he is struggling himself - good for the team yes but probably a bit of a blow on a personal level. And all of this when he is just 19 and dealing with the "normal" 19 year-old crap.

And no doubt if there HAS been talks of a move or his agent has had contacts then he's going to be thinking about that too.

I'm sure his parents are doing and have done a fantastic job of preparing and looking after him but frankly if he IS a bit moody at the moment then honestly who can blame him? 
  • Options
    Appleton has nailed it here. In fact, it does summarise our recent transfer approach and fans' excitement for some signings that have failed to work out.

“You have got to be careful. You tend to take players – I’ve done it in the past – thinking you are going to get the player that they were or potentially were the previous season.

“They come in, get injured and then you are back to square one.

• Options
    AndyG said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:

Thing is, that was posted on here when we sold Konsa for £1M, Pope for £1M, KAG for £1.5M, Gomez for £3.5M, Dijksteel for nothing... But the fact is that every time we move our best players on, we get worse. Hence what we are mid table L1. 

Sure they left under different ownership but Methven is clear in saying he wants us to be sustainable so I hear the same messaging and don't expect any different outcome.
    Yes you are right ofcourse but we also have to balance where we are as a team with the potential of the players. Would any of those players be the players they are today or earning the £ they are earning if they had stayed with us ? Unfortunately unless we climb the ladder players will see us as an opportunity to develop and get a good move for big money ( AKA Burstow ) and Im not sure we can blame them. We just need to be making sure we get the max revenue for them and hopefully this time use it to build and climb
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    “It’s one of those that I never say never, but it’s not something we’d probably look to do now. It might be something we look to do after the January window is shut – players who have been at a club and playing reasonably regularly up to January.''

Well that's just bollocks. Any such player wouldn't be out of contract on 1st February unless they had agreed to terminate it which is unlikely if they have been playing regularly.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    “It’s one of those that I never say never, but it’s not something we’d probably look to do now. It might be something we look to do after the January window is shut – players who have been at a club and playing reasonably regularly up to January.''

Well that's just bollocks. Any such player wouldn't be out of contract on 1st February unless they had agreed to terminate it which is unlikely if they have been playing regularly.
    Or if they're on a short term deal with a club that runs out in January, that's becoming more and more common
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Chunes said:
    ButtleJR said:

Thing is, that was posted on here when we sold Konsa for £1M, Pope for £1M, KAG for £1.5M, Gomez for £3.5M, Dijksteel for nothing... But the fact is that every time we move our best players on, we get worse. Hence what we are mid table L1. 

Sure they left under different ownership but Methven is clear in saying he wants us to be sustainable so I hear the same messaging and don't expect any different outcome.
    We, allegedly, got £2m for Dijksteel.
  • Options
    MarcusH26 said:
    seth plum said:
    I can guarantee a loan player won’t win our player of the year this season.

Honestly think it could be one of the closest in years at least between the assumed top 2 
    Put money on Mrs May’s son now.