Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POST-MATCH THREAD: Portsmouth vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 11th November 2023 | KO 3:00 PM

Comments

• Options
    Norris was the keeper that got lobbed last season from 40 yards when he was at Peterborough by Alfie May. Very surprised he's at a promotion chasing club because he's always looked a bit suspect. 
  • Options
    NB every Portsmouth fan I spoke to was also embarrassed by their keeper going down
  • Options
    Pompey have got a LOT of late winners in added time recently, so they were probably due to concede a late one instead!
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    SDAddick said:
    Croydon said:
    ross1 said:
    gmantaxi said:
    Just got in from a cracking away day , proper old school that ,could have gone either way , but feel Mcgrandles has some neck for refusing to celebrate and cupping his ear when he hasn’t done a stroke since he signed for us .
    Perhaps if you spent the last few months with repeated injuries while trying to get match fit, and reading comments about how useless you are by so called fans, you may not be too excited about celebrating with them
    I've got no time for it. Same as Jack Payne and Fraser away at MK Dons last season.

Bad attitudes run through this squad in my opinion and tbh we're still massively underperforming - 11th in league one, 5 points off 6th and 13 off top 2. 
    What did Payne and Fraser do at MK Dons?

Also, I agree we're underachieving, but if you take out the Holden era, we're in playoff form. Appleton is 1.73 ppg since coming in, which would have us just behind Peterborough. There were injuries to start the season, and some of the transfers came in late (which always happens), but it should now also be clear that Holden was holdin' this team back. 
    Cupped their ears to us in the away end 
    He could cup my balls for all I care if he keeps nicking injury time goals :-) 
    To each his own.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I would have lost my house on todays game was I a gambling man , home banker that was .
    Still the amazing header by McGrandles was well worth a point .
    McGrandles or some of our fans who’s touchier , oh he didn’t celebrate cos there was still time left … well that video after the game with Hector shoving him forward shows that was bullshit .
    in the ideal world a bit of passion/ fake passion for our club endears you to the fans but what really endears you is consistently putting in a good shift and performance and getting promotion out of this shithouse….

come on you reds , get us out of here 

there is hope , the league is shit , so’s our defence but our attacking threat is good to see (please stay fit and well Alfie )

only saw bits of the match but AMB pulled off some miracles but their keepers an absolute clown for his antics and not stopping or at least being better positioned for our goals , thank fuck , silly twat 
  • Options
    What I don't understand is how the ref and his assistant between them couldn't see the handball which was a pen every day according to the laws as they are now!!!!!

The way he managed the injury faking keeper was an outrage. Very poor.
    Outside the area. 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    AMB is easy MOM
    CBT - shocking today, not interested. 
    Dobbo - same old Dobbo 
    May - worked his socks off. 
    Perhaps CBT thinks if I'm not good enough to play against Cray then I'm not good enough to play against the League leaders.....and was giving Appleton the finger.

Or maybe he was a bit rusty not having played last week. 

Maybe that's what happens when you rest players we you dont need to. 
    Your clutching at straws now Golfie, you've moved on from your misquote about Appleton finding out about eleven players, which he never did, but you used it  so as to justify your opinion that  McGrandles is a shit player. Be humble sometimes Golfie, fact is you or I haven't seen hardly anything of McGrandles to declare him shit or otherwise. As for the Managers decisions, most people think he wasn't at fault for Cray, the players were.  
    Once again, please show me where I have called McGrandles shit.

I can take the brickbats & the pelters.....but not the lies. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    I would have lost my house on todays game was I a gambling man , home banker that was .
    Still the amazing header by McGrandles was well worth a point .
    McGrandles or some of our fans who’s touchier , oh he didn’t celebrate cos there was still time left … well that video after the game with Hector shoving him forward shows that was bullshit .
    in the ideal world a bit of passion/ fake passion for our club endears you to the fans but what really endears you is consistently putting in a good shift and performance and getting promotion out of this shithouse….

come on you reds , get us out of here 

there is hope , the league is shit , so’s our defence but our attacking threat is good to see (please stay fit and well Alfie )

only saw bits of the match but AMB pulled off some miracles but their keeper’s an absolute clown for his antics and not stopping or at least being better positioned for our goals , thank fuck , silly twat 
    1. You’d have lost your house a few time in recent years then (as would quite a few of us). 
    2. Touchier (great word) maybe, but I was just reporting what he said in his interview after the game. I think I agree, on reflection, that he was spinning it. He feels fans haven’t given him a fair crack on social media, and he’s right.
    3. Looking forward to welcoming him to The Valley! 😂
  • Options
    ‘Near post Norris’ - love that 
  • Options
    Bailey said:
    AMB is easy MOM
    CBT - shocking today, not interested. 
    Dobbo - same old Dobbo 
    May - worked his socks off. 
    Perhaps CBT thinks if I'm not good enough to play against Cray then I'm not good enough to play against the League leaders.....and was giving Appleton the finger.

Or maybe he was a bit rusty not having played last week. 

Maybe that's what happens when you rest players we you dont need to. 
    Your clutching at straws now Golfie, you've moved on from your misquote about Appleton finding out about eleven players, which he never did, but you used it  so as to justify your opinion that  McGrandles is a shit player. Be humble sometimes Golfie, fact is you or I haven't seen hardly anything of McGrandles to declare him shit or otherwise. As for the Managers decisions, most people think he wasn't at fault for Cray, the players were.  
    Once again, please show me where I have called McGrandles shit.

I can take the brickbats & the pelters.....but not the lies. 
    I didn't say you called him shit mate, you stated that Appleton had found out about eleven players against Cray and that McGrandles was one who was in the eleven guilty men. Another poster, I think it was FA, pointed out that Appleton clearly stated he found out about three or four not the eleven. The poster who called him shit was DDOUBLEE, and in fairness to that poster he accepted with good grace that McGrandles had made him eat his words. I hope that's cleared that up and would you like some custard with your humple pie 😂😂
  • Options
    I only managed to catch the first 20 and the last 20 but for what I saw that was a good old fashioned wnd to end football match. I really enjoyed it. Some of our bigger stars went a bit missing (CBT, Leaburn and young TC) but there was a purpose about the group that was nice to see. Hopefully a new start for McGrandles. 
  • Options
    I only managed to catch the first 20 and the last 20 but for what I saw that was a good old fashioned wnd to end football match. I really enjoyed it. Some of our bigger stars went a bit missing (CBT, Leaburn and young TC) but there was a purpose about the group that was nice to see. Hopefully a new start for McGrandles. 
    That was a pure end to end, non-stop battle from start to finish. Both teams and sets of players will come out of that game as better teams and will push on from that, OK maybe not their goalkeeper whose gloves might not have been so slippery when the ball slid through them had he not spent so much time unnecessarily laying on the grass beforehand
  • Options
    I thought we worked hard played well & got ourselves a good draw against a good side 
    Well done you Reds  B)
  • Options
    4 takeaways? I would have been grateful for one by the time I got on the train home, I was starving.