Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POST-MATCH THREAD: Portsmouth vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 11th November 2023 | KO 3:00 PM

Comments

• McGrandles celebration was a bit muted wasnt it. Go mad fella!
    I just assumed he used to play for them or something, was proper weird 
  • I actually thought he should’ve headed it back across goal and had it not gone on then I suspect most would also be saying the same.

hope it’s a turning point for him but won’t be holding my breath, not seem anything from him to tell me he’s good enough to start in our midfield 
  • Did not expect that.  First goal avoidable if we set up properly at corners.  Both ours were sloppy from them at near post but ‘whatever’ 😀.  Can’t believe we didn’t get a pen when their CB went up at that corner with his arm straight up and deflected the ball 🙄.  Sneaked into a home pub after the game and plenty of salty fans there and on the train… love it!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• ross1 said:
    gmantaxi said:
    Just got in from a cracking away day , proper old school that ,could have gone either way , but feel Mcgrandles has some neck for refusing to celebrate and cupping his ear when he hasn’t done a stroke since he signed for us .
    Perhaps if you spent the last few months with repeated injuries while trying to get match fit, and reading comments about how useless you are by so called fans, you may not be too excited about celebrating with them
    I've got no time for it. Same as Jack Payne and Fraser away at MK Dons last season.

Bad attitudes run through this squad in my opinion and tbh we're still massively underperforming - 11th in league one, 5 points off 6th and 13 off top 2. 
  • Croydon said:
    ross1 said:
    gmantaxi said:
    Just got in from a cracking away day , proper old school that ,could have gone either way , but feel Mcgrandles has some neck for refusing to celebrate and cupping his ear when he hasn’t done a stroke since he signed for us .
    Perhaps if you spent the last few months with repeated injuries while trying to get match fit, and reading comments about how useless you are by so called fans, you may not be too excited about celebrating with them
    I've got no time for it. Same as Jack Payne and Fraser away at MK Dons last season.

Bad attitudes run through this squad in my opinion and tbh we're still massively underperforming - 11th in league one, 5 points off 6th and 13 off top 2. 
    What did Payne and Fraser do at MK Dons?

Also, I agree we're underachieving, but if you take out the Holden era, we're in playoff form. Appleton is 1.73 ppg since coming in, which would have us just behind Peterborough. There were injuries to start the season, and some of the transfers came in late (which always happens), but it should now also be clear that Holden was holdin' this team back. 
  • Keeper mugged himself right off dropping to the ground..laughable 
    Shocking. Alfie raised his foot to block a clearance and he drops to the floor clutching his face.  Ref and lino had turned their back and didn’t have a clue what happened
  • SDAddick said:
    Croydon said:
    ross1 said:
    gmantaxi said:

Also, I agree we're underachieving, but if you take out the Holden era, we're in playoff form. Appleton is 1.73 ppg since coming in, which would have us just behind Peterborough. There were injuries to start the season, and some of the transfers came in late (which always happens), but it should now also be clear that Holden was holdin' this team back. 
    Cupped their ears to us in the away end 
  • SDAddick said:
    gmantaxi said:
    ross1 said:
    gmantaxi said:

How you know he read comments, know him personally do you ?
    Players aren't dumb. They hear the grumbles, they have social media, their teammates have social media, their friends have social media. I'm sure some know about this board. If there is a widespread opinion of them amongst the fan base, particularly if it's negative, they're probably going to know it.
    So basically not allowed to criticise then ?
  • Cracking day, will Comment properly tomorrow but why for the online viewers should AMB have been sent off for the pen?
  • Sponsored links:

• Cracking day, will Comment properly tomorrow but why for the online viewers should AMB have been sent off for the pen?
    No the ball had gone and it wasn't a clear goal scoring opportunity. 
    He shouldn’t but he defo should’ve got a yellow for it - no need to come out like that 
  • edited November 2023
    Croydon said:
    SDAddick said:
    Croydon said:
    ross1 said:
    gmantaxi said:

Cupped their ears to us in the away end 
    He could cup his balls to us for all I care if he keeps nicking injury time goals :-) 

Definitely not. Surprised he didn't get a yellow though. Apart from that he was magnificent today. Probably the best goalkeeping performance I've seen from a Charlton keeper in recent years.