Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

POST-MATCH THREAD: Portsmouth vs Charlton Athletic: Saturday 11th November 2023 | KO 3:00 PM

Comments

• Weird game. If it wasn’t for AMB we might have lost the game or won it!

Definitely could’ve gone either way. Our defence still creaks badly under pressure (a right back and centre back and left back cover need to be on the shopping list in January) but our attack had some real moments and there were periods when we were on top.

Pompey will feel like it’s two points dropped but I think we were decent value for a point. 
  • Probably a fair result. Fair play to the lads for the resilience. They had their chances but a shame that poor defending for the first and Ash’s rush of blood gave them their goals. However, their keeper didn’t cover himself in glory. AMB the one slip aside had one hell of a game. Some outstanding saves. No idea why Appleton didn’t get Tedic on. Never had McGrandles down to do anything let alone score but fair play to him for being in the right place. If only Dobbo didn’t have that second touch, what might have been! Anyway, a good, spirited effort that was much needed after last week. Poor old Pompey they can’t beat us eh!
  • JamesSeed said:
    Talal said:
    Proper game, team gave their all.
    Kinda felt sorry for McGrandles after he scored. Sure he'd have loved to have celebrated that properly but clearly doesn't feel wanted here. Hopefully a turning point for him. 
    He said in his interview after the game that he didn’t want to over celebrate because he knew there were a few minutes left to hang on. It wasn’t because he didn’t feel wanted.
    He came across as a decent fella. Let’s hope his confidence will have had a big boost. 
    Btw, it was very decent header. Anywhere else and it would have been a regulation save. He asked a question of the (injury faking) keeper, who didn’t have the answer. 
    Well he's not gonna say it is he. 
  • A hard fought point against a very decent Pompey team. After the shithousery when he collapsed after May stroked his foot, poetic justice that their keeper Norris was at fault again for our second equaliser.

A cracking game though, with a mad end to the second half, when both teams left themselves short at the back when chasing the win. 
  • Sponsored links:

• AMB is easy MOM
    CBT - shocking today, not interested. 
    Dobbo - same old Dobbo 
    May - worked his socks off. 
  • Great game especially for the neutral. Take the point. Thought we were going to win it there at the end. Yes, kudos to Conor M. Hope he can kick on. Clearly not going to use Tedic. Assume we will call Kanu back from loan? If only Chuks was available.
  • Very enjoyable watch today, end to end with both teams playing some good football at times. Somehow Dobbo and May continue without that fifth booking!
  • limeygent said:
    Thought Pompey were nowhere near as good as Bolton.
    I agree mate Bolton for me are by far the best team this year and I’m sure they will win the league. 
  • Sponsored links:

• McGrandles hasn’t deserved the shit he has received on here imo. He has been great wherever he has been but for either injury or form reasons he has had a chance to show what he can do since he joined us
  • couldn’t watch today but sounded like a cracking game. whatever you think of Appleton he seems to have instilled some resilience and fight in the group of players. Feels like we’re not a team who give up anymore 
  • Weird game. If it wasn’t for AMB we might have lost the game or won it!

Definitely could’ve gone either way. Our defence still creaks badly under pressure (a right back and centre back and left back cover need to be on the shopping list in January) but our attack had some real moments and there were periods when we were on top.

Pompey will feel like it’s two points dropped but I think we were decent value for a point. 
    Disagree our defence was superb today T Watson had his best game by miles again considering Campbell in front of him was so poor .. and Hector and Jones were massive today 
  • AndyG said:
    limeygent said:
    I agree mate Bolton for me are by far the best team this year and I’m sure they will win the league. 

Was far more impressed with Bolton than Pompey , a few decent players like Lane and Robertson but Bolton looked a cut above. 
  • Bailey said:
    ct_addick said:
    For all you naysayers who have given McGrandle a torrid time….that celebration is what you get….
    ct, so many times on here I have wanted a player to ram it back down a posters throat. Today when McGrandles scored seconds after being accused by DDOUBLEE and Golfie of being shit, when neither of them had seen him play for any length of time, I danced around the room. 
    Are they proper Charlton and travelled away or watching on their laptop! 
  • edited November 2023
    What I don't understand is how the ref and his assistant between them couldn't see the handball which was a pen every day according to the laws as they are now!!!!!

The way he managed the injury faking keeper was an outrage. Very poor.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    AndyG said:
    limeygent said:

Was far more impressed with Bolton than Pompey , a few decent players like Lane and Robertson but Bolton looked a cut above. 
    That might be because we're always awful against Bolton and always good against Pompey though...

I do agree that Bolton looked the best, but Pompey without Poole, Pack, and Anjorin are a different proposition than when those three are fit.

It feels like ages ago but Oxford looked like they were just toying with us for 60 minutes in that game. They look really good.

I think it'll be those three at the top and everyone else playing for three playoff spots