Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• Options
    Off_it said:
    I'm really looking forward to the replay as have got a nice pub crawl planned. Kick off with a couple in the Welcome Inn, then down to Eltham High Street and ticking off the Castle, Man of Kent, Carpenters Arms, Greyhound and finishing up with a few shorts in the Yorkshire Grey before heading to the match. 

Sorted.
    Surely any pub crawl has to involve the Millers in Bexley, given Cray's nickname?
  • Options
    I think people underestimate the amount who may want to turn up without a ticket if it’s played at MPA.
    Not in the thousands but enough to keep whatever security stationed around the very flimsy fencing on their toes. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    DA9 said:
    I think people underestimate the amount who may want to turn up without a ticket if it’s played at MPA.
    Not in the thousands but enough to keep whatever security stationed around the very flimsy fencing on their toes. 
    Big difference in travelling to Portsmouth (for example) without a ticket trying to get in, compared to walking 5 mins down the road to Eltham to a ground with just a fence around it. 
  • Options
    It would be nice to be able to watch a Charlton match without segregation, but is that realistic? Even if the Old Bill have an area allotted for the Charlton fans, they will still have to share the turnstiles and toilets.
    Plenty of opportunities to watch Charlton play with no segregation if you watch the under-21s or the women. Under-21s are playing at Cockfosters in the London Senior Cup on Weds 15th.
  • Options
    Do Cray sell e-tickets or do they insist on paper?
  • Options
    I'm going to take a guess that everyone in a decision making position is comfy with it at Badgers, because the BBC/ITV have already said it's being televised 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I'm going to take a guess that everyone in a decision making position is comfy with it at Badgers, because the BBC/ITV have already said it's being televised 
    Have they?
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Milan said:
    I still think it ends up being played at their ground. We’ll see.
    Play it anywhere other than The Valley and it wouldn’t surprise me if Cray Valley ended up losing money on the game even with the TV money. If they only normally play in front of 150 then that doesn’t suggest they will have the infrastructure and facilities in place to accommodate a full house of fans, even if that’s only 800-1000, trying to get into and out of the ground, particularly in an emergency, move around to go to and from wherever they will be standing, go to the toilet etc and accommodate the TV cameras/commentators and crew trucks. If they play at a neutral ground then they will have to hire it.
    I went to their record-breaking attendance match at the end of last season, if memory serves they had 900+ fans there. Clearly they're able to accommodate that sort of number, but a lot hinges on the legal aspects (fire safety and other shit I know nothing about).
    And who prey did they play. Not their very local ex-Premier League club who have c7k Season Ticket holders and almost the same again regular supporters.

Holding it at their place is a recipe for disaster. There will be hundreds of Charlton fans wanting to go, even if it just to "tick off" that they've been to a new ground. And I'm not even thinking about violence or trouble at the match. Anyone heard of the Hillsboro disaster. 
    I'm read some hyperventling horseshit in my time, but this, well, chef kiss good
    I think that reply has just about sealed it for me. Me & Golfie Jnr will go just to say we've been there. Bus ride of 20-30 mins, Maccy's for tea and then bundle in with lots of other ticketless fans. What's not to love. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Rothko said:
    Have they?
    They may well have in the background, and why all and sundry are comfy announcing it, I think it's a really easy pick for either broadcaster 
  • Options
    The TV infrastructure thing is easy for them to sort out. Perhaps we will get no tickets at all. Looking at the google view, is there room to build a temporary stand does anyone know? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Milan said:
    Play it anywhere other than The Valley and it wouldn’t surprise me if Cray Valley ended up losing money on the game even with the TV money. If they only normally play in front of 150 then that doesn’t suggest they will have the infrastructure and facilities in place to accommodate a full house of fans, even if that’s only 800-1000, trying to get into and out of the ground, particularly in an emergency, move around to go to and from wherever they will be standing, go to the toilet etc and accommodate the TV cameras/commentators and crew trucks. If they play at a neutral ground then they will have to hire it.
    I went to their record-breaking attendance match at the end of last season, if memory serves they had 900+ fans there. Clearly they're able to accommodate that sort of number, but a lot hinges on the legal aspects (fire safety and other shit I know nothing about).
    And who prey did they play. Not their very local ex-Premier League club who have c7k Season Ticket holders and almost the same again regular supporters.

Holding it at their place is a recipe for disaster. There will be hundreds of Charlton fans wanting to go, even if it just to "tick off" that they've been to a new ground. And I'm not even thinking about violence or trouble at the match. Anyone heard of the Hillsboro disaster. 
    I'm read some hyperventling horseshit in my time, but this, well, chef kiss good
    I think that reply has just about sealed it for me. Me & Golfie Jnr will go just to say we've been there. Bus ride of 20-30 mins, Maccy's for tea and then bundle in with lots of other ticketless fans. What's not to love. 
    Of course you will

• Options
    edited November 2023
    The TV infrastructure thing is easy for them to sort out. Perhaps we will get no tickets at all. Looking at the google view, is there room to build a temporary stand does anyone know? 
    The away end at Burnden Park - April 1997

• Options
    All very well but can a temporary stand be knocked up in 7 days?
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Rothko said:
    Milan said:

Of course you will

and he's going to wade down the Quaggy and get himself in as well, cause Hillsborough or something 
  • Options
    In seven hours if necessary, it wouldn't be a problem. But whether there's time to do the safety inspection and all that, I dunno. I still suspect our allocation will be zero. 
  • Options
    red10 said:
    Heard that Millwall offered them the New Den but was turned down as they wanted to do us at their place. Lots of Millwall in attendance last night as well.

Don't think they would have even thought about it until today so u can't see that being true
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I'm really looking forward to the replay as have got a nice pub crawl planned. Kick off with a couple in the Welcome Inn, then down to Eltham High Street and ticking off the Castle, Man of Kent, Carpenters Arms, Greyhound and finishing up with a few shorts in the Yorkshire Grey before heading to the match. 

Sorted.
    Not popping in the Kings Arms on the way down then?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Replaying last night's game right now on bbc red button. 24mins gone
  • Options
    In seven hours if necessary, it wouldn't be a problem. But whether there's time to do the safety inspection and all that, I dunno. I still suspect our allocation will be zero. 
    Can they do that under FA rules?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Replaying last night's game right now on bbc2 red button. 24mins gone
    Damn... I'm 24mins too late... What a shame
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    No they have to give us some allocation 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Why do we need turnstile segregation? We don't segregate at pre season friendlies against Non-League opposition, and if capacity is capped at about 900 then I'm sure any OB can handle having to shepherd 135 Charlton fans into one part of the ground if needed
    I remember when Welling played Blackburn years ago all the away fans went in the gates for Danson Park at the bottom of Danson Rd
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Rothko said:
    Milan said:

Of course you will

Why wouldn't I ?

I've never been there so new ground 
    Been to our other away cup disasters (Northwich, D&R)
    Its a short bus ride away with a MacDonalds over the road - in fact it will probably be quicker & easier using their loos at half time than any in the ground. 
  • Options
    Wellred said:
    Croydon said:
    No they have to give us some allocation 
    Not sure about that. Have a look at https://www.thefa.com/-/media/thefacom-new/files/competitions/2022-23/emirates-fa-cup/rules-of-the-fa-challenge-cup-2022-23.ashx and there's plenty of get-outs. 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Big difference in travelling to Portsmouth (for example) without a ticket trying to get in, compared to walking 5 mins down the road to Eltham to a ground with just a fence around it. 
    Have you seen our fans?! No chance they could scale a fence. Might be able to fall into it and knock it over I guess. 
  • Options
    Let's have a beamback like the old days.