Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• Options
    and the winners play .. Gillingham away .. you couldn't make it up !!
  • Options
    Iirc the problem about the 'bigger' club hosting a replay started back in the day when Barnet played Chelsea twice at Stamford Bridge. The reason I remember this is that Glenn Hoddle was Chelsea manager and his brother Carl played for Barnet.

The Bees were happy to take the money,but the FA believed it damaged the integrity of the competition.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Up a tree it is then!
    or queue for the toilet if you can hold on that long 
  • Options
    They will think the best chance of getting a result against us will be to play at their ground so why apart from a few Bob would they would want to play it elsewhere 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Going to be fun seeing the extra floodlighting they’ll need brought down Middle Park Avenue 
    BBC routinely take additional floodlights for cup ties at non-league grounds. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Rothko said:
    Going to be fun seeing the extra floodlighting they’ll need brought down Middle Park Avenue 
    Yeah I know, the four cranes will have to go somewhere. 
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Rothko said:
    When Dulwich played Carlisle a few years back there were extra floodlights - it was quite a sight. 

Plus the FA will want illuminated ad boards put in too. It'll be quite an operation to set it all up if they do use Badgers.
  • Options
    Simonsen said:
    Rothko said:
    Floodlights sinking into the quaggy.
  • Options
    Have they even said it'll be on TV?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    No but it 100% will be 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    Think it's highly likely, along with Horsham 
  • Options
    I stand corrected on ties not getting postponed/rearranged for replays...

Of note that the FA Trophy game is now in international break
  • Options
    Ridiculous. We should just have played a double header as Sunday league teams do when faced with fixture congestion.

And given that most of our team yesterday played at a level of Sunday league I'm not joking.

• Options
    Rothko said:
    It won't be at Bromley due to the pitch. 
    They just played their 1st round cup match on it on Friday so how come its now not suitable ?  Can Kirk not play on a 3G pitch ? 
  • Options
    I really don’t get this Millwall phobia many on here suffer from. It’s said that most clubs have a small hooligan element, pretending to be your average fan. However, Millwall have thousands of average fans pretending to be hooligans. They step into the den and suddenly forget their Clive from the office, with a wife 3 kids and a Cockapoo, who hasn’t thrown a punch since the age of 11. They become MILLWALL CLIVE, a flat cap Bermondsey boy,who loves a ruck, an has had it off at every ground in the country, with every other word a fuck or cunt, an throat slitting gestures, they gather with the other Clive’s. I know many Millwall fans an they are all Clive’s. 

I know hundreds of Millwall fans, and I don’t think one of them is called Clive 🤣 very few of them work in an office. Funny post though 👍🏻🤣
    That will be a literacy issue. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    They just played their 1st round cup match on it on Friday so how come its now not suitable ?  Can Kirk not play on a 3G pitch ? 
    That's Bromley ground, it's Bromley's game, it's a known factor and Blackpool knew what they were dealing with, CVPM would be expected to play on grass, and the FA wouldn't want to move it to 3G unless they really had to
  • Options
    Heard that Millwall offered them the New Den but was turned down as they wanted to do us at their place. Lots of Millwall in attendance last night as well.
  • Options
    After the sad passing of Seb Lewis I wonder if there are other Charlton fans on huge runs of attendance.  I guess they would have tons of points so likely get in but hope they would be given a certain amount of priority and our tickets don't go to players wives and friends.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    If its not then expect a few thousand wanting to get in.

I remember being in the Everton end at Gillingham in the late 80's(?) - that was fun (NOT)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    Rothko said:
    When Dulwich played Carlisle a few years back there were extra floodlights - it was quite a sight. 

Plus the FA will want illuminated ad boards put in too. It'll be quite an operation to set it all up if they do use Badgers.
    Ah yes, that big local derby..........

Floodlights ain't going to be the problem. Hundreds, maybe a few thousand fans (of all persuasions) all trying to get in. Just No. 

Oh, and anyone been along that part of the South Circular recently. Roadworks meaning traffic congestion for miles around the Yorkshire Grey & the A20/A205 roundabout. 
  • Options
    It would be nice to be able to watch a Charlton match without segregation, but is that realistic? Even if the Old Bill have an area allotted for the Charlton fans, they will still have to share the turnstiles and toilets.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    finally the loyalty points system will be of some proper use!
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Forgot about that, back to playing there is my view.
    Just turn up, pay Bromley, hopefully nominal costs, and make more money.
  • Options
    The Greenwich Classico must be played in the borough ...
    Ha ha - love it!

And it's currently the only local derby where our win record isn't heavily outnumbered by our defeats!
  • Options
    Milan said:
    I still think it ends up being played at their ground. We’ll see.
    Play it anywhere other than The Valley and it wouldn’t surprise me if Cray Valley ended up losing money on the game even with the TV money. If they only normally play in front of 150 then that doesn’t suggest they will have the infrastructure and facilities in place to accommodate a full house of fans, even if that’s only 800-1000, trying to get into and out of the ground, particularly in an emergency, move around to go to and from wherever they will be standing, go to the toilet etc and accommodate the TV cameras/commentators and crew trucks. If they play at a neutral ground then they will have to hire it.
    I went to their record-breaking attendance match at the end of last season, if memory serves they had 900+ fans there. Clearly they're able to accommodate that sort of number, but a lot hinges on the legal aspects (fire safety and other shit I know nothing about).
    And who prey did they play. Not their very local ex-Premier League club who have c7k Season Ticket holders and almost the same again regular supporters.

Holding it at their place is a recipe for disaster. There will be hundreds of Charlton fans wanting to go, even if it just to "tick off" that they've been to a new ground. And I'm not even thinking about violence or trouble at the match. Anyone heard of the Hillsboro disaster. 
    I'm read some hyperventling horseshit in my time, but this, well, chef kiss good