Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• Rothko said:
    Don’t see why they would move it, get another 50k from TV, and keep the home advantage 
    They won't have a choice.
  • On the Charlton website in the match report it says the replay is at the Artic Stadium, which is CVPM's home ground
  • Climb a tree on eltham palace road 

• Nowadays the FA are very resistant to clubs moving FA Cup games away from their own ground unless the police ask for it on safety grounds. So it's just a matter of whether the police are happy for it to happen somewhere that segregation can't be applied and there will be far more people wanting tickets than can possibly get in. The write-up on the OS clearly expects the replay to be at their place and doesn't mention any doubt about that. 
  • BobK said:
    On the Charlton website in the match report it says the replay is at the Artic Stadium, which is CVPM's home ground
    As it should be.
    Proper cup tie 

So...when?
    Tues 21st/Weds 22nd?
    International break is just for the weekend (18th), is it? 
  • I genuinely expect it to be at welling or dartford, don’t think OB will sanction the den 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2023
    If the away team gets 15% of the capacity, and if Badgers really does hold 1000, I can't see how they can physically divide the fans if Charlton get a 150 allocation.

On this occasion I think someone with authority at the FA in conjunction with police and safety people ought to arbitrate.

I was at their game against Enfield Town which was unsegregated, and even at that game some Enfield fans kicked off (near the left of the TV gantry and dugouts) enough to bring the game to a halt.

I have been there a lot when the U21's played there under Robinson's tenure I don't believe there can be a replay there unless it is all ticket for Cray Valley fans only, and with a capacity of no more than, say, 850 squeezed in.
  • So off to Princes Park then? 
  • Surely these decisions re ground etc  would have been made ‘in principle’ before todays game ? 
    I dont expect any self respecting tv person thought that CV would get anything but a tonking. 

No idea of history but if CV had won today it would probably have gone down as one of THE biggest cup upsets....EVER.

Ronnie Radfords goal was at home

Sutton's victory over Coventry was at home.

Not many league teams lose at home to a side 5 leagues below them. 
    They said on the commentary that if Cray had won it would have been the biggest gap in terms of league places ever for the lower team to have won. And it still may yet happen!
  • DA9 said:
    I genuinely expect it to be at welling or dartford, don’t think OB will sanction the den 
    I think the Den was a joke mate.
  • The date is an issue too, as the obvious dates (14th/15th) clash with the EFL Trophy game, but also the international break.
  • What does the VCD ground hold where charlton women team plays?
  • edited November 2023
    As well as where, I'm struggling to see when we can play 

Coming up we have 

Tues 7th - Too soon, surely? 
    Tues 14th - FA Trophy 
    Tues 21st - International break 
    Tues 28th - (H) v Cheltenham 

And then it's 2nd round Saturday on 2nd December 

Tues 5th Dec is free
    Can we play 1st round replay on 2nd Dec and 2nd round (us or CVPM) away to Gills on Dec 5th?

Can we just elect to play on Nov 21st without our internationals? 
  • As well as where, I'm struggling to see when we can play 

Coming up we have 

Tues 7th - Too soon, surely? 
    Tues 14th - FA Trophy 
    Tues 21st - International break 
    Tues 28th - (H) v Cheltenham 

And then it's 2nd round Saturday on 2nd December 

Tues 5th Dec is free
    Can we play 1st round replay on 2nd Dec and 2nd round (us or CVPM) away to Gills on Dec 5th?

Can we just elect to play on Nov 21st without our internationals? 
    21st please
    After tonight Without abankwah and especially Thomas i think thats a bonus and makes us stronger !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I think it will have to be the Wednesday 22nd, and we'll have to swallow not having the international players. Problem is that's 3 defenders and a keeper potentially missing, as well as Anderson, and will leave us incredibly short at centre back 
  • Why would it be Wednesday?
  • Why wouldn’t it be at their own ground?

Sheppey, in the same division, played against Walsall at their own ground.
    That wasn't a "local derby" though. I can't imagine CV's home ground can be segregated for a start?
    Close thread, we have a winner.
    Segregation for this ground is surely impossible.
    I'll plump for Welling staging it.  I can see Bromley and Dartford wanting more money.
  • BobK said:
    On the Charlton website in the match report it says the replay is at the Artic Stadium, which is CVPM's home ground
    Settled then, the website never makes mistakes.
  • Badgers has only one set of turnstiles and no terracing. 

Feels like this will be at Welling. Maybe Dartford, Bromley or Dulwich, perhaps, but you'd hope this decision would have been made in advance.
  • Surely the game will be played on the 14th. FA Cup would take preference over the stupid Pizza Car Trophy. 

And why was the Trophy game scheduled for when FA Cup replays would take place. 

• I can't remember a game being postponed due to a replay before. I doubt that is the outcome 
  • What’s the ground like at Cray Valley? Any vantage points from outside the stadium to see the match?
    Why would you want to watch that shower of shit again? That old adage "if they were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains" couldn't be more fitting for this game.
    Quote of the day.