Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• edited November 2023
    se9addick said:
    Why would Cray possibly want to move the game from middle Park?
    Dolla. Plus the police might not be too happy with it being played there.
    It will surely be on TV so they will be sorted money wise. They would be crazy to give away home advantage playing a team as fragile as ours. 

Beat us and then their 2nd round will deffo be on tv too. 

Don’t see why OB will be too fussed?!?
  • The stated capacity at Badgers/Middle Park is ambitious to say the least, I think 800 would be a push.
    If there were any Charlton fans allowed in they couldn't be segregated anyway (without some expensive work), they have a grand total of two turnstiles side by side.
    Walking distance for me, not that I would qualify for a ticket, but I really can't see it happening at their home ground, even though in a weird romantic way it should.
    I hope they make a bit more money out of this. Being at the game today I don't know the attendance, but guess somewhere between 4 and 5 thousand.
  • edited November 2023
    It’s a tiny ground, with no segregation and just one entrance. I think they’ll surely have to look at getting something bigger, if anything just to maximise the opportunity. 

Not sure they have the facilities/space available for TV trucks and the like. 
  • se9addick said:
    It will surely be on TV so they will be sorted money wise. They would be crazy to give away home advantage playing a team as fragile as ours. 

Beat us and then their 2nd round will deffo be on tv too. 

Don’t see why OB will be too fussed?!?
    Can TV cameras/facilities be set up there though? And if they are then that will further take away space for the crowd
  • seth plum said:
    The stated capacity at Badgers/Middle Park is ambitious to say the least, I think 800 would be a push.
    If there were any Charlton fans allowed in they couldn't be segregated anyway (without some expensive work), they have a grand total of two turnstiles side by side.
    Walking distance for me, not that I would qualify for a ticket, but I really can't see it happening at their home ground, even though in a weird romantic way it should.
    I hope they make a bit more money out of this. Being at the game today I don't know the attendance, but guess somewhere between 4 and 5 thousand.
    6,700 tonight’s attendance 
  • edited November 2023
    I hadn’t considered the space for TV stuff to be honest. 

Genuine question - Does segregation only count now that they are playing a league club? They have already played previous FA Cup rounds there. 

• No chance at their ground. They’re not an established non-league club like Sheppey mentioned, they get crowds between 70-150 and the ground is fit for just a few hundred. Think it only has one entrance. 
  • Do the BBC usually show replays live? 
  • Sponsored links:

Yes or ITV. Got to assume Charlton will be either Tuesday or Wednesday with Horsham/Barnsley on the other day.  
  • Surely these decisions re ground etc  would have been made ‘in principle’ before todays game ? 
    Yep. This will be televised no doubt 
  • se9addick said:
    Why ?  Do they expect Charlton fans to turn up ? I would suggest no one buys a ticket to this farce. Let the manager & players know the strength of feeling on here. 
  • What’s the ground like at Cray Valley? Any vantage points from outside the stadium to see the match?
    Why would you want to watch that shower of shit again? That old adage "if they were playing in my back garden, I'd close the curtains" couldn't be more fitting for this game.
    Do you mean Charlton
  • Surely these decisions re ground etc  would have been made ‘in principle’ before todays game ? 
    I dont expect any self respecting tv person thought that CV would get anything but a tonking. 

No idea of history but if CV had won today it would probably have gone down as one of THE biggest cup upsets....EVER.

Ronnie Radfords goal was at home

Sutton's victory over Coventry was at home.

Not many league teams lose at home to a side 5 leagues below them. 
  • Probably be at Selhurst.
    Just to add some salt to the wounds 
    Saw Wimbledon v Leeds Utd in fa cup replay 1976? 0-1 and 47000 fans in ground.
    One of the best cup matches I have seen.
  • se9addick said:
    Why ?  Do they expect Charlton fans to turn up ? I would suggest no one buys a ticket to this farce. Let the manager & players know the strength of feeling on here. 
    I’m leaning towards actually agreeing with you (and that’s something I never thought I would say), but even if we beat Man City 3 nothing, I reckon you would find a negative !!!!
  • I live 5 minutes up the road from their ground and their is absolutey no way the OB will let the replay happen there. There are two turnsiles and zero chance of segregating fans. TBH if it did happen there I would be surprised if we got 100 tickets and the capacity would probably be under 1000. Doubt it will be Bromley as we wouldn't agree to the 3g pitch. No real idea where it will be played. Millwall seems the most likely, but as I type that seems ludicrous.
  • Sponsored links:

• can it really  not be played at The Valley?

Seems the most pragmatic in this  scenario and least cost for both clubs. 

You’d think the FA can be accommodating. 
    I dont expect any self respecting tv person thought that CV would get anything but a tonking. 

No idea of history but if CV had won today it would probably have gone down as one of THE biggest cup upsets....EVER.

Ronnie Radfords goal was at home

Sutton's victory over Coventry was at home.

Not many league teams lose at home to a side 5 leagues below them. 
    It’s got nothing to do with TV ? When you play a cup game at any level, it’s pretty standard to discuss what the arrangements might be in case of a replay (even if in principle)
  • A lovely problem for Cray Valley to have. More tv money incoming with the replay looking likely to be shown. 

The money from the television alone will top whatever gate receipts they get for the replay. 

Play it at Badgers
  • Am I correct in thinking Welling have a reduced attendance at their ground these days? Ground guide says it holds 4.5k, but thought I read somewhere that it’s been reduced.
  • Am I correct in thinking Welling have a reduced attendance at their ground these days? Ground guide says it holds 4.5k, but thought I read somewhere that it’s been reduced.
    No significant number of Charlton fans will bother surely? 

It doesn’t need to be a big ground. 
  • Be a ground that one of our teams that play at that isn't The Valley potentially, but no way Badgers could cope
    No significant number of Charlton fans will bother surely? 

It doesn’t need to be a big ground. 
    Wrong. There will be big interest as away/local/potential new ground etc etc 
  • Don’t see why they would move it, get another 50k from TV, and keep the home advantage 
  • Much more up for this than the game today (which I didn't go to)
  • Rothko said:
    Don’t see why they would move it, get another 50k from TV, and keep the home advantage 
    Suspect they’ll be forced to move it, can’t see the OB letting them play it at badgers