Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• Options

We will know by Wednesday according to rule 9. ii
  • Options
    Huge tick off for ground hoppers, id likely attend just to tick off a new ground although my attendances haven’t been great of late so I wouldn’t be eligible for a ticket 
  • Options
    I am pretty sure they will want it played at Badgers, can't see it being moved! 
  • Options
    As much as they want fit the ob will have a say. 
    Given that most of our away fans will be of a regular football fan I can’t see there being trouble however as there were Millwall chants tonight and a flag with Millwall on it, I don’t think they will take the chance on it being played there 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I'm sure they would want it there, but there's no way the OB will allow it
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    I'm sure they would want it there, but there's no way the OB will allow it
    Agree. The only discussion will be where it is played.
  • Options
    I don't think it's even a question of whether the police will allow it (which i doubt).

Could their ground even accommodate the requirements for a live tv game? Unlikely from what i remember of it.

I'd say it's almost certainly likely to be held at Dartford or Welling.
  • Options
    If there is a requirement to keep supporters apart it can’t be Badgers.
    They would need fences to create two areas both with access to toilets, there would need to be a way to split fans at the turnstiles, and the car park space needed for TV stuff, as well as the need to accommodate cameras and the like in several places in the ground would eat into the limited space there.
    There would only be a short time to make the arrangements anyway. 
    I am not confident that fans can be placed in different places at Dartford or Welling or Bromley.
    I am afraid the most obvious choice would be Millwall, but they would get a fee, and may not be able to offer a suitable date.
    I notice the word ‘suitable’ is used in the rules, and that matters would be decided by the ‘Professional Game Board’.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    seth plum said:
    They would need fences to create two areas both with access to toilets, there would need to be a way to split fans at the turnstiles, and the car park space needed for TV stuff, as well as the need to accommodate cameras and the like in several places in the ground would eat into the limited space there.
    I am not confident that fans can be placed in different places at Dartford or Welling or Bromley.
    I am afraid the most obvious choice would be Millwall, but they would get a fee, and may not be able to offer a suitable date.
    I notice the word ‘suitable’ is used in the rules, and that matters would be decided by the ‘Professional Game Board’.
    Dartford has segregation, used all the time in the National League, and when they play Ebbsfleet, Dover, Maidstone etc 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    seth plum said:
    Dartford has segregation, used all the time in the National League, and when they play Ebbsfleet, Dover, Maidstone etc 
    Fair enough, I have only ever been to Princes Park to see our youth and U21’s and at those games I could circumnavigate the pitch unrestricted.
    Dartford it is then.
  • Options
    Just play it again at The Valley. CV will have just as much chance winning at our place than they would anywhere else. They showed that yesterday. 

Would we need to sit in the Jimmy Seed as we will be the away team?
  • Options
    Richard J said:
    Just play it again at The Valley. CV will have just as much chance winning at our place than they would anywhere else. They showed that yesterday. 

Would we need to sit in the Jimmy Seed as we will be the away team?
    we certainly wouldn't have to worry about it being big enough after yesterdays showing
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Dartford, Welling and Bromley have segregation if required
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    As well as where, I'm struggling to see when we can play 

Coming up we have 

Tues 7th - Too soon, surely? 
    Tues 14th - FA Trophy 
    Tues 21st - International break 
    Tues 28th - (H) v Cheltenham 

And then it's 2nd round Saturday on 2nd December 

Tues 5th Dec is free
    Can we play 1st round replay on 2nd Dec and 2nd round (us or CVPM) away to Gills on Dec 5th?

Can we just elect to play on Nov 21st without our internationals? 
    It will be the 14th, wont it? FA Cup trumps FA Trophy.
    Of course it will be on Tuesday week 14th Nov.
  • Options
    I can't remember a game being postponed due to a replay before. I doubt that is the outcome 
  • Options
    I can't remember a game being postponed due to a replay before. I doubt that is the outcome 
    It's quite common in non-league. I'd expect us to be allowed to reschedule the Sutton game if the alternative is playing the replay during an international break.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That’s because we didn’t play in that competition before and needed a replay in FA Cup.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    As well as where, I'm struggling to see when we can play 

Coming up we have 

Tues 7th - Too soon, surely? 
    Tues 14th - FA Trophy 
    Tues 21st - International break 
    Tues 28th - (H) v Cheltenham 

And then it's 2nd round Saturday on 2nd December 

Tues 5th Dec is free
    Can we play 1st round replay on 2nd Dec and 2nd round (us or CVPM) away to Gills on Dec 5th?

Can we just elect to play on Nov 21st without our internationals? 
    It will be the 14th, wont it? FA Cup trumps FA Trophy.
    Of course it will be on Tuesday week 14th Nov.
    Makes logical sense with the Trophy game being pushed back to the 21st and played during the international break which the club has done before.

As for the replay venue may as well replay it at The Valley with us as the away side.
  • Options
    The most obvious is an exception is granted (if needed) to play at The Valley once more. 

The FA should take a view as the proximity of one club to another is a unique factor. 
  • Options
    Dartford is a decent shout - can segregate there 

And it’s only 5 mins walk from my house 😀
  • Options
    How often have games in the FA cup been moved due to stadium infrastructure/facilities? Would be a huge shame if they don't get to play it at their ground. I'd also assume it'll be 14th November which really doesn't allow much time to sort things out. Given the reaction to events last night I'd imagine we will push for it not to be during internationals as we'd be too short at CB 
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Rothko said:
    seth plum said:
    Fair enough, I have only ever been to Princes Park to see our youth and U21’s and at those games I could circumnavigate the pitch unrestricted.
    Dartford it is then.
    Can you let the FA know your decision so that they can start planning?
  • Options
    who are our international players?