Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• All the comments saying Police won’t allow it …. Why ?

It’s an attendance of 1200 or so. Hardly a massive crowd, that would require the Met to cancel all leave.  So Charlton get 300 tickets. Obviously these will be rampaging skinhead thugs from the 70’s. 

The 300 who get tickets will be Season ticket holding fans, with massive away points in the bank. I don’t really see these fans are likely to be a risk element, in Police terms. Therefore a few stewards and couple coppers should be enough.

The only reason it could be moved is if the infrastructure required to put the game on TV can not be accommodated. Or if not chosen for TV then if Cray want to cash in on a larger gate at a local venue.

I think Badgers only has one turnstile, if that is the case segregation is currently impossible. 

It’s an attendance of 1200 or so. Hardly a massive crowd, that would require the Met to cancel all leave.  So Charlton get 300 tickets. Obviously these will be rampaging skinhead thugs from the 70’s. 

The 300 who get tickets will be Season ticket holding fans, with massive away points in the bank. I don’t really see these fans are likely to be a risk element, in Police terms. Therefore a few stewards and couple coppers should be enough.

The only reason it could be moved is if the infrastructure required to put the game on TV can not be accommodated. Or if not chosen for TV then if Cray want to cash in on a larger gate at a local venue.

But what about the home fans? Not the 150 hardly regulars, but fans of other clubs like Millwall who'll come along for the night
  • Why do we need turnstile segregation? We don't segregate at pre season friendlies against Non-League opposition, and if capacity is capped at about 900 then I'm sure any OB can handle having to shepherd 135 Charlton fans into one part of the ground if needed
  • sam3110 said:
    Why do we need turnstile segregation? We don't segregate at pre season friendlies against Non-League opposition, and if capacity is capped at about 900 then I'm sure any OB can handle having to shepherd 135 Charlton fans into one part of the ground if needed
    This is a competitive match (more competitive than expected!) rather than a pre-season kick about. Given how many Millwall fans came down last night I can’t imagine the OB want it being played in a stadium with zero segregation. 
  • edited November 2023
    who are our international players? 
    Not guaranteed but any of Hector, Thomas, Abankwah, Anderson, AMB(potentially) 

But what about the home fans? Not the 150 hardly regulars, but fans of other clubs like Millwall who'll come along for the night
    So they have 900. I hardly think Millwalls finest are going to rock out for this one. By the time the clubs players and connections have taken an allocation, the general sale element would be virtually nil.
  • sam3110 said:
    Why do we need turnstile segregation? We don't segregate at pre season friendlies against Non-League opposition, and if capacity is capped at about 900 then I'm sure any OB can handle having to shepherd 135 Charlton fans into one part of the ground if needed

One turnstile, 1,000 fans, say 20 seconds average for each fan to go through the turnstile = 5.5 plus hours to get everyone in the ground 
  • seth plum said:
    If there is a requirement to keep supporters apart it can’t be Badgers.
    They would need fences to create two areas both with access to toilets, there would need to be a way to split fans at the turnstiles, and the car park space needed for TV stuff, as well as the need to accommodate cameras and the like in several places in the ground would eat into the limited space there.
    There would only be a short time to make the arrangements anyway. 
    I am not confident that fans can be placed in different places at Dartford or Welling or Bromley.
    I am afraid the most obvious choice would be Millwall, but they would get a fee, and may not be able to offer a suitable date.
    I notice the word ‘suitable’ is used in the rules, and that matters would be decided by the ‘Professional Game Board’.
    Bromley segregate fans every game.
  • It won't be at Bromley due to the pitch. 
  • Rothko said:
    It won't be at Bromley due to the pitch. 
    Fair comment.

• Sponsored links:

• I really don’t get this Millwall phobia many on here suffer from. It’s said that most clubs have a small hooligan element, pretending to be your average fan. However, Millwall have thousands of average fans pretending to be hooligans. They step into the den and suddenly forget their Clive from the office, with a wife 3 kids and a Cockapoo, who hasn’t thrown a punch since the age of 11. They become MILLWALL CLIVE, a flat cap Bermondsey boy,who loves a ruck, an has had it off at every ground in the country, with every other word a fuck or cunt, an throat slitting gestures, they gather with the other Clive’s. I know many Millwall fans an they are all Clive’s. 

I know hundreds of Millwall fans, and I don’t think one of them is called Clive 🤣 very few of them work in an office. Funny post though 👍🏻🤣
  • Can't have the replay back at the Valley surely, I could see it being at Welling and a sell out 

Probably not even that many. I think you'd fit 800 fans in at a push with maybe 120 tickets for away fans.
  • I still think it ends up being played at their ground. We’ll see.
  • At least Kevin Lisbie can get another lot of TV money  B)
  • If their home ground can’t host the game then we should be awarded the tie.

My reasoning has nothing to do with the fact that many Millwall fans seem to have adopted them as their non-league club to support.
  • edited November 2023
    DA9 said:
    Just been announced, Sutcliffe Park, Sunday 19/11, 10:30, dogshit not included (unless Kirk makes the squad)
    We are playing in bibs
    Bad memories there! Played a cup final inside the running track way back when, 5-0 down at half time after we’d all been on the lash the night before. Our keeper got lobbed for four of them 😖. Got back to 5-4 as we sobered up but it wasn’t to be………. You booze you lose 😞.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2023
    I still think it ends up being played at their ground. We’ll see.
    Play it anywhere other than The Valley and it wouldn’t surprise me if Cray Valley ended up losing money on the game even with the TV money. If they only normally play in front of 150 then that doesn’t suggest they will have the infrastructure and facilities in place to accommodate a full house of fans, even if that’s only 800-1000, trying to get into and out of the ground, particularly in an emergency, move around to go to and from wherever they will be standing, go to the toilet etc and accommodate the TV cameras/commentators and crew trucks. If they play at a neutral ground then they will have to hire it.
  • edited November 2023
    Just spoke to someone connected with the club, the council prior to yesterday have already given them the thumbs up should there be a replay, all down to OB, and bearing in mind the Charlton fans who will be able to get tickets reckon it is job done.
  • RedChaser said:
    DA9 said:
    Just been announced, Sutcliffe Park, Sunday 19/11, 10:30, dogshit not included (unless Kirk makes the squad)
    We are playing in bibs
    Bad memories there! Played a cup final inside the running track way back when, 5-0 down at half time after we’d all been on the lash the night before. Our keeper got lobbed for four of them 😖. Got back to 5-4 as we sobered up but it wasn’t to be………. You booze you lose 😞.
    Used to get park permits there for the now defunct liberal club Sunday team way back 
  • I still think it ends up being played at their ground. We’ll see.
    Play it anywhere other than The Valley and it wouldn’t surprise me if Cray Valley ended up losing money on the game even with the TV money. If they only normally play in front of 150 then that doesn’t suggest they will have the infrastructure and facilities in place to accommodate a full house of fans, even if that’s only 800-1000, trying to get into and out of the ground, particularly in an emergency, move around to go to and from wherever they will be standing, go to the toilet etc and accommodate the TV cameras/commentators and crew trucks. If they play at a neutral ground then they will have to hire it.
    I went to their record-breaking attendance match at the end of last season, if memory serves they had 900+ fans there. Clearly they're able to accommodate that sort of number, but a lot hinges on the legal aspects (fire safety and other shit I know nothing about).
  • Club have confirmed it is 14/11 and still saying The Arctic Stadium. Very surprised.
  • Up a tree it is then!
  • Going to be fun seeing the extra floodlighting they’ll need brought down Middle Park Avenue