Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• Options
    Someone has to get @Braziliance a ticket for his matchday vlogs of course
  • Options
    Appreciate the gesture mate but there are people who will want to go and a lot more deserving than me, who will have done a lot more games than me.

Hopefully my points will be enough but if they aren't I'll do a match day vlog from my front room, I'll even snap up some interviews pre-game 😂
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I just spoke to my mate who was at the Fourth Round Qualifying against Enfield Town at Badgers. He said there were 500 odd there and the fans weren't segregated. Just swappen ends at half time like a normal non league match.
    And fighting broke out that halted the match for a few minutes shortly into the second half.
  • Options
    Anybody determined enough will be able to sneak/clamber/break in unless stopped presumably by force.

• Options
    DA9 said:
    Not a new ground for me, lived 300 yards up the road as a kid and used to play on it, how’s about that for foresight and planning ahead.
    Haha. A bit further for me. About 800 I reckon. 
  • Options
    Appreciate the gesture mate but there are people who will want to go and a lot more deserving than me, who will have done a lot more games than me.

Hopefully my points will be enough but if they aren't I'll do a match day vlog from my front room, I'll even snap up some interviews pre-game 😂
    Make sure you pop down to McDonald’s to get the most important pre-game interview. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I will paddle my canoe up the Quaggy.
    Or Shit Creek as it is known locally.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2023
    I will paddle my canoe up the Quaggy.
    Or Shit Creek as it is known locally.
    We should be in our comfort zone then, we’ve be up Shit Creek as a club apart from the odd respite for donkeys years talking of which there was a fair few of them last night as well 😏.
  • Options
    Replaying last night's game right now on bbc red button. 24mins gone
    Hopefully we'll win this game.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Anybody determined enough will be able to sneak/clamber/break in unless stopped presumably by force.

Does that apply to the 11 on the pitch? 

‘Determined’ might be a hurdle too high. 
  • Options
    DA9 said:h
    Just been announced, Sutcliffe Park, Sunday 19/11, 10:30, dogshit not included (unless Kirk makes the squad)
    We are playing in bibs
    Are they playing in skins?
  • Options
    Watch out for the Kirk masterclass on 96 mins...
  • Options
    According to club website it will be played at Cray's ground? Of course the police may have the final say. Common sense dictates it is at The Valley, however...
  • Options
    Is he playing in this game too? :o
  • Options
    More ‘attending’ than ‘playing’ would be my description. 
  • Options
    I wouldn’t go as far as that mate he was on the pitch in Charlton kit for sure 😉.
  • Options
    All very well but can a temporary stand be knocked up in 7 days?
    In seven hours if necessary, it wouldn't be a problem. But whether there's time to do the safety inspection and all that, I dunno. I still suspect our allocation will be zero. 
    Maybe a live beam back to The Valley?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    Why would it be Wednesday?
    No, we still playing Cray Valley PM  
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I'm really looking forward to the replay as have got a nice pub crawl planned. Kick off with a couple in the Welcome Inn, then down to Eltham High Street and ticking off the Castle, Man of Kent, Carpenters Arms, Greyhound and finishing up with a few shorts in the Yorkshire Grey before heading to the match. 

Sorted.
    I will be just behind you as I will also have to pop into the King's Arms opposite the Church to say hello. 
  • Options
    I still remember Maidstone away (79 I think).

What a bloody night that was, I will definitely not be going.

Nothing wrong with that night, pay on the gate and floodlights failed in the last few minutes of the match. Delayed by about 30 minutes if I recall.
    Yeah except for the mud and then the Lewis coach breaking down on the way home!
    Sorry I took the car that evening.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I'm really looking forward to the replay as have got a nice pub crawl planned. Kick off with a couple in the Welcome Inn, then down to Eltham High Street and ticking off the Castle, Man of Kent, Carpenters Arms, Greyhound and finishing up with a few shorts in the Yorkshire Grey before heading to the match. 

Sorted.
    Not popping in the Kings Arms on the way down then?
    Now that's good local knowledge!

• Options
    If Cray VPM stage the game hopefully it will be without incident and be a success, regardless of the result.
    However, should there be problems it will be said staging the game was an accident waiting to happen.
    I still think it will be easier, and still profitable, to play the game elsewhere.
  • Options
    I think they should play it at the den - we know most local millwall won’t travel that far - might give us the edge 
  • Options
    Off_it said:

Sorted.
    Not popping in the Kings Arms on the way down then?
    Percy barred him. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Rothko said:
    Milan said:
    I still think it ends up being played at their ground. We’ll see.
    Play it anywhere other than The Valley and it wouldn’t surprise me if Cray Valley ended up losing money on the game even with the TV money. If they only normally play in front of 150 then that doesn’t suggest they will have the infrastructure and facilities in place to accommodate a full house of fans, even if that’s only 800-1000, trying to get into and out of the ground, particularly in an emergency, move around to go to and from wherever they will be standing, go to the toilet etc and accommodate the TV cameras/commentators and crew trucks. If they play at a neutral ground then they will have to hire it.
    I went to their record-breaking attendance match at the end of last season, if memory serves they had 900+ fans there. Clearly they're able to accommodate that sort of number, but a lot hinges on the legal aspects (fire safety and other shit I know nothing about).
    And who prey did they play. Not their very local ex-Premier League club who have c7k Season Ticket holders and almost the same again regular supporters.

Holding it at their place is a recipe for disaster. There will be hundreds of Charlton fans wanting to go, even if it just to "tick off" that they've been to a new ground. And I'm not even thinking about violence or trouble at the match. Anyone heard of the Hillsboro disaster. 
    I'm read some hyperventling horseshit in my time, but this, well, chef kiss good
    I think that reply has just about sealed it for me. Me & Golfie Jnr will go just to say we've been there. Bus ride of 20-30 mins, Maccy's for tea and then bundle in with lots of other ticketless fans. What's not to love. 
    Of course you will

Why wouldn't I ?

I've never been there so new ground 
    Been to our other away cup disasters (Northwich, D&R)
    Its a short bus ride away with a MacDonalds over the road - in fact it will probably be quicker & easier using their loos at half time than any in the ground. 
    You're talking about getting into the ground without a ticket.
    There's more chance of @ElfsborgAddick buying a beer and the odds on winning the lottery are less than that.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Up a tree it is then!

Sat on Eltham supporters' branch. 
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Up a tree it is then!

Sat on Eltham supporters' branch. 
    I think we should leaf them alone.