Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• Options
    I assume the game will be on paper view
    Keep up mate already been done on page 7 😉
  • Options
    addick19 said:
    According to club website it will be played at Cray's ground? Of course the police may have the final say. Common sense dictates it is at The Valley, however...
    Not allowed under F.A rules
  • Options
    Tre(e)mendous 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Rothko said:
    Milan said:
    I still think it ends up being played at their ground. We’ll see.
    Play it anywhere other than The Valley and it wouldn’t surprise me if Cray Valley ended up losing money on the game even with the TV money. If they only normally play in front of 150 then that doesn’t suggest they will have the infrastructure and facilities in place to accommodate a full house of fans, even if that’s only 800-1000, trying to get into and out of the ground, particularly in an emergency, move around to go to and from wherever they will be standing, go to the toilet etc and accommodate the TV cameras/commentators and crew trucks. If they play at a neutral ground then they will have to hire it.
    I went to their record-breaking attendance match at the end of last season, if memory serves they had 900+ fans there. Clearly they're able to accommodate that sort of number, but a lot hinges on the legal aspects (fire safety and other shit I know nothing about).
    And who prey did they play. Not their very local ex-Premier League club who have c7k Season Ticket holders and almost the same again regular supporters.

Holding it at their place is a recipe for disaster. There will be hundreds of Charlton fans wanting to go, even if it just to "tick off" that they've been to a new ground. And I'm not even thinking about violence or trouble at the match. Anyone heard of the Hillsboro disaster. 
    I'm read some hyperventling horseshit in my time, but this, well, chef kiss good
    I think that reply has just about sealed it for me. Me & Golfie Jnr will go just to say we've been there. Bus ride of 20-30 mins, Maccy's for tea and then bundle in with lots of other ticketless fans. What's not to love. 
    Of course you will

Why wouldn't I ?

I've never been there so new ground 
    Been to our other away cup disasters (Northwich, D&R)
    Its a short bus ride away with a MacDonalds over the road - in fact it will probably be quicker & easier using their loos at half time than any in the ground. 
    You're talking about getting into the ground without a ticket.
    There's more chance of @ElfsborgAddick buying a beer and the odds on winning the lottery are less than that.
    What do you think would be done if 2000 Charlton fans turned up & tried to get in ? How many Old Bill would there be ? Serious question. 

Remember, there were 6700 there yesterday. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Rothko said:
    Milan said:
    Play it anywhere other than The Valley and it wouldn’t surprise me if Cray Valley ended up losing money on the game even with the TV money. If they only normally play in front of 150 then that doesn’t suggest they will have the infrastructure and facilities in place to accommodate a full house of fans, even if that’s only 800-1000, trying to get into and out of the ground, particularly in an emergency, move around to go to and from wherever they will be standing, go to the toilet etc and accommodate the TV cameras/commentators and crew trucks. If they play at a neutral ground then they will have to hire it.
    I went to their record-breaking attendance match at the end of last season, if memory serves they had 900+ fans there. Clearly they're able to accommodate that sort of number, but a lot hinges on the legal aspects (fire safety and other shit I know nothing about).
    And who prey did they play. Not their very local ex-Premier League club who have c7k Season Ticket holders and almost the same again regular supporters.

Holding it at their place is a recipe for disaster. There will be hundreds of Charlton fans wanting to go, even if it just to "tick off" that they've been to a new ground. And I'm not even thinking about violence or trouble at the match. Anyone heard of the Hillsboro disaster. 
    I'm read some hyperventling horseshit in my time, but this, well, chef kiss good
    I think that reply has just about sealed it for me. Me & Golfie Jnr will go just to say we've been there. Bus ride of 20-30 mins, Maccy's for tea and then bundle in with lots of other ticketless fans. What's not to love. 
    Of course you will

Why wouldn't I ?

Its a short bus ride away with a MacDonalds over the road - in fact it will probably be quicker & easier using their loos at half time than any in the ground. 
    There's more chance of @ElfsborgAddick buying a beer and the odds on winning the lottery are less than that.
    What do you think would be done if 2000 Charlton fans turned up & tried to get in ? How many Old Bill would there be ? Serious question. 

2k extra fans on top of the 900 with tickets trying to get into a ground that holds less than 1k?

I think the game would probably either be a) delayed whilst more police were drafted in or b) abandoned on safety grounds. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Rothko said:
    Milan said:

Of course you will

Why wouldn't I ?

You appear to be completely delusional. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Rothko said:
    Milan said:

Of course you will

Why wouldn't I ?

LOL .
    Just seen serious question.
  • Options
    Where will they put all of the TV trucks?

Err ... maybe in the big field to the left?
  • Options
    Looks like allotments top left, that’s where I’ll be heading 
    Don't forget your waders then - there's a river in between the two!
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Rothko said:
    Milan said:

Of course you will

Why wouldn't I ?

It’ll be like the scousers in Istanbul all over again. 
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    Looks like allotments top left, that’s where I’ll be heading 
    Don't forget your waders then - there's a river in between the two!
    I’ll bring a dinghy - over land and sea … 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There seems like a lot of open space around that ground. What is the feasibility of a temporary stand? I don't suppose it would pay for itself in just one game, or does anyone know any better?
  • Options
    Has has my ‘paper’  pun on  ‘Reams’ been removed for transgressing some sort of rule?

• Options
    No chance, would make it even more inaccessible. Romance of the Cup and all that, but has the potential for a very painful divorce with kids involved, metaphorically speaking
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Rothko said:
    Milan said:

Of course you will

Why wouldn't I ?

You appear to be completely delusional. 
    Golfies getting a roasting tonight 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Rothko said:
    Milan said:

Of course you will

Why wouldn't I ?

Play the game at The Valley, midweek, and the crowd would be double that at least because they’d fill the JS stand this time and more Charlton fans will get along, plus it would be a game that would appeal to neutrals. Cray Valley will probably be turning down another £30k or more by playing the game at their ground. That sort of money added to the tv cash could be the difference to take that club to a much higher level, literally. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Rothko said:
    Milan said:

Of course you will

Why wouldn't I ?

Play the game at The Valley, midweek, and the crowd would be double that at least because they’d fill the JS stand this time and more Charlton fans will get along, plus it would be a game that would appeal to neutrals. Cray Valley will probably be turning down another £30k or more by playing the game at their ground. That sort of money added to the tv cash could be the difference to take that club to a much higher level, literally. 
    £30k might be pushing it for ticket receipts, given the split. I doubt if yesterday yielded much over £40k in total before expenses, which probably swallowed half of it. CV’s share was likely nearer £10k.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    I'm really looking forward to the replay as have got a nice pub crawl planned. Kick off with a couple in the Welcome Inn, then down to Eltham High Street and ticking off the Castle, Man of Kent, Carpenters Arms, Greyhound and finishing up with a few shorts in the Yorkshire Grey before heading to the match. 

Sorted.
    Not popping in the Kings Arms on the way down then?
    Percy barred him. 
    For another thread I know, but what happened to Percy and the Kings Arms? Used to go there often, back in the day. 
  • Options
    2000 ticketless Charlton fans turning up? You could host it at The Den and we wouldn't sell 2k tickets ffs
  • Options
    People eat Maccy D’s sober ? Fuck off or they still serving beer in the Yorkshire Grey 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    clb74 said:
    Rothko said:
    Milan said:

Of course you will

Why wouldn't I ?

Cray have already hit the jackpot by a) drawing us, b) it being live on tv, c) earning a replay, d) the replay also being on tv.

Whilst i'm sure they would love even more money, i don't think gate receipts are the big earner for them here. And what they will already make from this tie probably sets them up for the next couple of years. If they recruit well they should potentially now be able to spend their way from tier 8 to tier 6.