Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• Options
    redman said:
    From some-one who went to their ground lunchtime. They are planning on playing it there but it will be Wednesday not Tuesday 
    Tuesday is bingo night at badgers so no surprise.
  • Options
    redman said:
    From some-one who went to their ground lunchtime. They are planning on playing it there but it will be Wednesday not Tuesday 
    Tuesday is bingo night at badgers so no surprise.
    Either night, it’ll be eyes down for a full house.
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited November 2023
    Someone from the Cray Valley Staff has been on the SE9 Facebook Group asking if anyone can loan the club some sort of measuring tool as they have to "prepare a report" for the Council. Assume Greenwich and the Police are asking for assurances around entrances and segregation.
    Remember, measure twice, cut once 

• Options
    …..and
    ’If it ain’t there it can’t go wrong’.
  • Options
    Can’t quite believe it, I’ve got an ad that’s popped up showing me you can spray WD40 on your knee if it’s in pain, amazing!
  • Options
    Scratching my head, "where the bloody hell is the ground?" and Google Maps has just jogged the memory. It also shows how detached I am from the area now. I spent my childhood not one quarter of a mile from it, mum worked in the office of what was called the Wadham Stringers garage next door in the 70's.  I lived in Middle Park in the 90's!!!
    Blimey, that's where it is...
    Bloody hell, small world, I worked at Wadham Stringers (AKA Cliftons pre takeover) in the early 70's
    Did you put the clutch in Harry Carpenter 1100?
  • Options
    redman said:
    when do players leave to go on International duties ?  Aren't International matches arranged for the Thursday/Friday/Sat etc. 

I would have thought a Wednesday evening game would mean players called up for International duties might not be able to play for us. I mean, AMB might have to travel to Oz, or Hector & Thomas to the Caribbean.  
  • Options
    All this reminds me: whatever happened to Greenwich Borough? I thought they were Eltham's non-league club.
    Sadly, no longer in existence:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenwich_Borough_F.C.

Used to frequent the main bar regularly in the mid 80s, drinking snake bite and black. 

Bloody property developers.
  • Options
    redman said:
    when do players leave to go on International duties ?  Aren't International matches arranged for the Thursday/Friday/Sat etc. 

I would have thought a Wednesday evening game would mean players called up for International duties might not be able to play for us. I mean, AMB might have to travel to Oz, or Hector & Thomas to the Caribbean.  
    Comes with the territory of a ‘cup run’ AND having multiple internationals… 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scratching my head, "where the bloody hell is the ground?" and Google Maps has just jogged the memory. It also shows how detached I am from the area now. I spent my childhood not one quarter of a mile from it, mum worked in the office of what was called the Wadham Stringers garage next door in the 70's.  I lived in Middle Park in the 90's!!!
    Bloody hell, small world, I worked at Wadham Stringers (AKA Cliftons pre takeover) in the early 70's
    Did you put the clutch in Harry Carpenter 1100?
    Probably, but the warranty has run out...sorry...🤔
  • Options
    Could move the game to Goals just down the road? 
  • Options
    robroy said:
    We Buy Any Car have moved into the carpark so they won't be able to accommodate the BBC trucks.......
  • Options
    robroy said:
    We Buy Any Car have moved into the carpark so they won't be able to accommodate the BBC trucks.......
    Have they really? Wow, was always a pain parking there years ago when I played. 
  • Options
    redman said:

Its a mystery to me any of our players are 'internationals'  :D
  • Options
    robroy said:
    robroy said:
    Have they really? Wow, was always a pain parking there years ago when I played. 
    Yeah, noticed when I drove past on Sunday.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    First ever Charlton Life paternity claim
    Up for that.  50 years of backdated pocket money!

The Cliftons Roundabout garage.  Used to get my World Cup stickers from there, unless I got caught.
  • Options
    DA9 said:
    Someone from the Cray Valley Staff has been on the SE9 Facebook Group asking if anyone can loan the club some sort of measuring tool as they have to "prepare a report" for the Council. Assume Greenwich and the Police are asking for assurances around entrances and segregation.
    Remember, measure twice, cut once 

All four corners taken.
  • Options
    Chizz said:
    First ever Charlton Life paternity claim
    Up for that.  50 years of backdated pocket money!

The Cliftons Roundabout garage.  Used to get my World Cup stickers from there, unless I got caught.
    Funny you should say that but....🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Having had time to think about it, I think there's a case for putting the exact same team out. 

- It protects our better players 
    - It provides consequences for the lack of effort first time around 
    - It provides a chance at redemption 

There is, of course, a pretty bug argument against - we could lose! But...its not out of the question that Appleton could put those players back in again 

No, no, no ... and, if that's not emphatic enough, F***ING NO!

I would rather start with ten players than have the number 14 back out on the pitch.

Any manager/head coach that picks the current number 14 in a match day squad should be subject to instant dismissal for gross negligence.
  • Options
    Charlton colts played 100 or so yards away from Cray Valley Paper Mills ground in the late 1960s early 1970s 
    Peek Freens ground just off from Clifton’s roundabout, watched many agame there.
    I remember the goalkeepers name Clarke and centerforward was Smedley.
  • Options
    I'm as interested in attending this as I am Sutton Utd. As far as I'm concerned we lost this and all respect on Sunday.
  • Options
    I'm as interested in attending this as I am Sutton Utd. As far as I'm concerned we lost this and all respect on Sunday.
    Biggest game in the clubs history.
  • Options
    When do the matches on TV get announced for the replays? 
  • Options
    cafcwill said:
    When do the matches on TV get announced for the replays? 
    Not sure, but the game is being moved to the Wednesday and will be on the BBC.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    robroy said:
    We Buy Any Club have moved into the carpark so they won't be able to accommodate the BBC trucks.......

Ideal.  Play the game and go home with £50 in your pocket.
  • Options
    Capacity of 1,000. They had more than that in the Jimmy Seed today. They should see if a local club can host it for them. The Valley maybe? 😜
    Let them have the West Stand and the PA system and announcers (couldn't be worse?) and we could all go in the Jimmy Seed to see if the accoustics really are better?
  • Options
    can it really  not be played at The Valley?

Seems the most pragmatic in this  scenario and least cost for both clubs. 

You’d think the FA can be accommodating. 
    Will probably feel like home to CV after Sunday's charade.
  • Options
    I will be up there early when they go on sale there is no real home end stand where you like 
    Hopefully I will get one