Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• Options
    Crazy decision!!!, should have been at Welling/Dartford/Hamlet,

I would hope with your username you aren’t really that bothered.
  • Options
    All tickets that we will be given are taken up by all our owners and members of the SMT.

I will be watching on the BBC
    I don't know what I'll do. I haven't got a ST or gone to any away games this season so wont get a ticket. Will probably have to watch it on TV but part of me wants to go there just to make a point. Its not that I want to go to the game per se, but I just feel its a daft decision to restrict the attendance that much. Good job we aren't Millwall, or Leeds or any other big/troublesome away supporters otherwise it could really kick-off. But we are little peaceful Charlton who will just take this sitting down. 
  • Options
    Crazy decision!!!, should have been at Welling/Dartford/Hamlet,

Why don't you bunk in?
    He doesn't do that anymore. Reformed character 
  • Options
    All tickets that we will be given are taken up by all our owners and members of the SMT.

I don't know what I'll do. I haven't got a ST or gone to any away games this season so wont get a ticket. Will probably have to watch it on TV but part of me wants to go there just to make a point. Its not that I want to go to the game per se, but I just feel its a daft decision to restrict the attendance that much. Good job we aren't Millwall, or Leeds or any other big/troublesome away supporters otherwise it could really kick-off. But we are little peaceful Charlton who will just take this sitting down. 
    You bringing a fold up chair then? 
  • Options
    Wondering if this will even get played given the weather forecast of rain, rain, rain for the next 7 days, there pitch won’t be up to it, will it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I don't know what I'll do. I haven't got a ST or gone to any away games this season so wont get a ticket. Will probably have to watch it on TV but part of me wants to go there just to make a point. It’s not that I want to go to the game per se, but I just feel its a daft decision to restrict the attendance that much. Good job we aren't Millwall, or Leeds or any other big/troublesome away supporters otherwise it could really kick-off. But we are little peaceful Charlton who will just take this sitting down. 
    They would have probably beaten them in the first game.
  • Options
    Wondering if this will even get played given the weather forecast of rain, rain, rain for the next 7 days, there pitch won’t be up to it, will it?
    Don’t know about the pitch being up to it, i am more concerned about our players being up for it .
  • Options
    Will guess it will probably be the largest live Tv audience we have ever played in front of …… romance of the cup, and terrestrial peak time.

What can possibly go wrong? 
  • Options
    clb74 said:

You're like my mum.
    For years and years mum didn't want the drive done for the car.
    The minute Bromley council told her they were changing the rules and mum wouldn't be able to have a drive.
    Mum then wanted a drive
    Oi.
    Leave your poor old mum alone you moany git.
  • Options
    The same thing happened with the replay away to Dag & Red, postponed on the night of the game. Ended up playing on the Saturday, when everyone else was playing the next round.
  • Options
    I'm calling it a fix ;)

Both teams knew that a draw would result in the replay being shown on TV, extra bit of money for Cray Valley who just cant lose from this windfall - Our First Teamers not on International Duty also get a run out at Cray, so they're not without minutes for so long.
  • Options
    edited November 2023

I don't know what I'll do. I haven't got a ST or gone to any away games this season so wont get a ticket. Will probably have to watch it on TV but part of me wants to go there just to make a point. It’s not that I want to go to the game per se, but I just feel it’s a daft decision to restrict the attendance that much. Good job we aren't Millwall, or Leeds or any other big/troublesome away supporters otherwise it could really kick-off. But we are little peaceful Charlton who will just take this sitting down. 
    What on earth are you on about? These are the rules and this is as a result of us not being able to beat them the first time around.

I distinctly remember Leeds about 15 years ago having to turn up at 3000 capacity Histon FC and losing the game. 

Maybe Leeds should’ve kicked up a fuss and asked the game to be moved to Cambridge United’s stadium instead where the capacity is closer to 8000 so more people could get a ticket. I’m shocked that Leeds took that one sitting down…
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JaShea99 said:
    A Cray fan on 606 seems convinced it will be at MPA? Surely not.
    Looks like he was right. Who knew?
  • Options
    I tell you what Golfie, you're one of the reasons why I love this football club.
    We could be in the 9th tier and you'd still bring a smile to my face
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    JohnnyH2 said:

We drew, the replay is being played at their ground, that is how it should work.

Was it right back in 94 that the Bristol City replay was held at the Valley which really limited their supporters? Should we have moved that game to Highbury?
    With all due respect the situation is a bit different.
    Not the same safety issues and Bristol had 1500?
    I can see there will be some sort of issues on the night.
  • Options
    JaShea99 said:
    JaShea99 said:
    A Cray fan on 606 seems convinced it will be at MPA? Surely not.
    Looks like he was right. Who knew?
    He did.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

We drew, the replay is being played at their ground, that is how it should work.

Was it right back in 94 that the Bristol City replay was held at the Valley which really limited their supporters? Should we have moved that game to Highbury?
    I suppose you're flying in from Brazil for the game?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/cray-valley-pm-replay-live-bbc-two

Charlton's Emirates FA Cup first round replay against Cray Valley PM will be shown live on BBC Two.

As a result, the fixture will now take place at the Millers' Artic Stadium on Wednesday, November 15th (KO 7.45pm GMT), with both clubs receiving a live broadcast fee.

Ticket details for the tie will be announced in due course.

We shouldn't take any. I believe that we are "allowed" 15%  (150?) and if so the "points" system will still mean loads of people in Phase 1 wont even get close to getting one. 

Stupid decision imo. 
    So because some people might not get tickets, you think the club should refuse an allocation?

Yes i can see that wouldn't cause any issue at all.
  • Options
    JohnnyH2 said:

It's the point he made about restricting attendance
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    JohnnyH2 said:

I suppose you're flying in from Brazil for the game?
    VIP Lounge mate.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    clb74 said:
    I tell you what Golfie, you're one of the reasons why I love this football club.
    We could be in the 9th tier and you'd still bring a smile to my face
    Don't lie, you don't smile.
    @roseandcrown has decided to get the next train to Carlisle.