Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    https://www.charltonafc.com/news/cray-valley-pm-replay-live-bbc-two

Charlton's Emirates FA Cup first round replay against Cray Valley PM will be shown live on BBC Two.

As a result, the fixture will now take place at the Millers' Artic Stadium on Wednesday, November 15th (KO 7.45pm GMT), with both clubs receiving a live broadcast fee.

Ticket details for the tie will be announced in due course.

We shouldn't take any. I believe that we are "allowed" 15%  (150?) and if so the "points" system will still mean loads of people in Phase 1 wont even get close to getting one. 

Stupid decision imo. 
    For the ones that do get tickets, good luck to them. 

For everyone else if you so wish it’s there to watch on the beeb 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m001sw45

So that’s another 25 grand each for both clubs in tv revenue 
    Last season each team in a live first round game received £50,000. Whilst each team in a first round replay received £32,500. So I assume this has increased. But, if not still means £82,500 just from TV for Cray. An I’m guessing over £100,000 all in. 
  • Options
    I’m in Dusseldorf next week, any ideas how I can view the match out there? Don’t think I player will work out there? Thanks
    It will with a vpn.
    Nice one, I will look into that 
    Surfshark is the most reliable VPN I have used for things like this 
  • Options
    Crazy decision!!!, should have been at Welling/Dartford/Hamlet,

Why don't you bunk in?
    Struggle to get my leg over!
  • Options
    do we have many 100%ers who are gonna lose a long streak because of this ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How many names has this ground got?! Middle park, Badgers, Artic. 
    Wonder which one the Express will use in their headline "Battle of..." 

Take your pick for the headline:

Charlton stuck in the middle
    Bodgers at Badgers
    Charlton freeze at the Artic
    Charlton trucked at the Artic
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:

Charlton's Emirates FA Cup first round replay against Cray Valley PM will be shown live on BBC Two.

As a result, the fixture will now take place at the Millers' Artic Stadium on Wednesday, November 15th (KO 7.45pm GMT), with both clubs receiving a live broadcast fee.

We shouldn't take any. I believe that we are "allowed" 15%  (150?) and if so the "points" system will still mean loads of people in Phase 1 wont even get close to getting one. 

Stupid decision imo. 

Last season each team in a live first round game received £50,000. Whilst each team in a first round replay received £32,500. So I assume this has increased. But, if not still means £82,500 just from TV for Cray. An I’m guessing over £100,000 all in. 
    https://www.thefa.com/news/2023/nov/08/emirates-fa-cup-first-round-proper-replays-broadcast-20230811

ITV and the BBC have selected the following Emirates FA Cup first round proper replay ties for live broadcast in the UK.

TUESDAY 14 NOVEMBER 2023

• Horsham v Barnsley at 7.30pm GMT on ITV4 and ITVX

WEDNESDAY 15 NOVEMBER 2023

• Cray Valley (PM) v Charlton Athletic at 7.45pm GMT on BBC Two, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport

Each of these competing clubs will receive a live broadcast fee of £25,000.

• Options
    What a load the of old compost. 
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Next Wednesday is another opportunity - in fact a bigger one at peak viewing time - to make complete tits of ourselves on national TV. That being so, I'd put out a full strength side and try and put this tie to bed. There wasn't a single bad tackle on Sunday or in the two televised non-league games and injuries can (and do) happen at any time. As for fatigue, we haven't even got a game the following weekend.

I think it's absolutely right that the replay is at Cray Valley's ground - they've more than earned the right and, as others have said, we've brought this upon ourselves. If there are problems with the lack of segregation, Charlton could waive their right to some of their 15% entitlement (a maximum of 150).
    I wholeheartedly agree.

I will say this again just to be clear. I couldn't give a flying fuck where the game is played, my only concern is that there is no trouble or any issues around crowd safety. I have never been to their ground but looking at the photos posted on here there doesn't seem to be much in the way of infrastructure. For some people saying should we have switched the BC game back in 1994 or that Leeds should have complained about playing in a 3000 capacity stadium some years back are just being antagonistic or spoiling for a fight.

I know I get pelters on here & most of the time I don't care and its water off a ducks back, but in this case I just think its madness that a tie which attracted 6700 people last weekend is now only going to be able to accommodate 1000 - without segregation and with minimal facilities. But then again, why should the "customers" be considered in all this. As long as the clubs get their fees who cares. Far cry from a Peter Varney cry of "get down & support your team......."

But as I said, I really dont care. I'll probably stay at home & watch it on TV (like I did Sunday)....I just hope that Thursday morning we are talking about what happened on the pitch & not off it.  
  • Options
    Surely you have more chance getting a ticket in the home ends? They probably have like 60-70 season ticket holders, after that wont it go on general sale? How many levels of priority can you make for a club like that. 
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:
    shirty5 said:

Stupid decision imo. 

https://www.thefa.com/news/2023/nov/08/emirates-fa-cup-first-round-proper-replays-broadcast-20230811

ITV and the BBC have selected the following Emirates FA Cup first round proper replay ties for live broadcast in the UK.

TUESDAY 14 NOVEMBER 2023

• Horsham v Barnsley at 7.30pm GMT on ITV4 and ITVX

WEDNESDAY 15 NOVEMBER 2023

• Cray Valley (PM) v Charlton Athletic at 7.45pm GMT on BBC Two, BBC iPlayer and BBC Sport

Each of these competing clubs will receive a live broadcast fee of £25,000.

Why just 25K ?
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    Surely you have more chance getting a ticket in the home ends? They probably have like 60-70 season ticket holders, after that wont it go on general sale? How many levels of priority can you make for a club like that. 
    And there we have it.........
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    And there we have it.........
    Does it count as bunking in?
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    CAFCTrev said:
    Their season tickets are £120 incidentally. I wonder if anyone has tried to buy one today  :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m in Dusseldorf next week, any ideas how I can view the match out there? Don’t think I player will work out there? Thanks
    I use UK Expat VPN https://www.ukexpatvpn.com/

If you sign up for a month you get a 3 day free trial then just cancel after that. 
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    Next Wednesday is another opportunity - in fact a bigger one at peak viewing time - to make complete tits of ourselves on national TV. That being so, I'd put out a full strength side and try and put this tie to bed. There wasn't a single bad tackle on Sunday or in the two televised non-league games and injuries can (and do) happen at any time. As for fatigue, we haven't even got a game the following weekend.

I think it's absolutely right that the replay is at Cray Valley's ground - they've more than earned the right and, as others have said, we've brought this upon ourselves. If there are problems with the lack of segregation, Charlton could waive their right to some of their 15% entitlement (a maximum of 150).
    I wholeheartedly agree.

I will say this again just to be clear. I couldn't give a flying fuck where the game is played, my only concern is that there is no trouble or any issues around crowd safety. I have never been to their ground but looking at the photos posted on here there doesn't seem to be much in the way of infrastructure. For some people saying should we have switched the BC game back in 1994 or that Leeds should have complained about playing in a 3000 capacity stadium some years back are just being antagonistic or spoiling for a fight.

I know I get pelters on here & most of the time I don't care and its water off a ducks back, but in this case I just think its madness that a tie which attracted 6700 people last weekend is now only going to be able to accommodate 1000 - without segregation and with minimal facilities. But then again, why should the "customers" be considered in all this. As long as the clubs get their fees who cares. Far cry from a Peter Varney cry of "get down & support your team......."

But as I said, I really dont care. I'll probably stay at home & watch it on TV (like I did Sunday)....I just hope that Thursday morning we are talking about what happened on the pitch & not off it.  
    If something does happen at the game you're name will be top of the police investigation.
    You're be lucky to see another football match again.
    Someone of your age talking about breaking in without a ticket.
    You should know better.
    And then inciting thousands of others to do the same, you could be looking at a custodial sentence.
  • Options

Bodgers at Badgers
    In a game of fine margins Charlton fold at the Paper Mill?
  • Options
    What time do the coaches leave, time and cost ??

I’ve no idea what time the coaches have got to leave, i guess they’ve got to have their roast dinner first of all, and take it from there.
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    Blucher said:

I wholeheartedly agree.

If something does happen at the game you're name will be top of the police investigation.
    You're be lucky to see another football match again.
    Someone of your age talking about breaking in without a ticket.
    You should know better.
    And then inciting thousands of others to do the same, you could be looking at a custodial sentence.
    You what ????

Or have I just been whooshed........
  • Options

Bodgers at Badgers
    Apples fall at the Allotments
    Charlton lose, man misses dinner.
    Millwall fan cracks rib laughing.
    Kirk and Tedic score double hatricks.
  • Options

Bodgers at Badgers
    Sorry Nick, but all paper related puns have been moved to a different page. 
  • Options

Bodgers at Badgers
    Charlton smashed to a pulp
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    They are due to play a cup game tomorrow night and a league game on Saturday, on that pitch with the weather forecast i wonder if any of these games get called off. 
    I imagine they will happily churn their pitch up and turn it in to a mud bath, many a club have done that in the past as a leveller in the FA Cup.     
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    They are due to play a cup game tomorrow night and a league game on Saturday, on that pitch with the weather forecast i wonder if any of these games get called off. 
    I imagine they will happily churn their pitch up and turn it in to a mud bath, many a club have done that in the past as a leveller in the FA Cup.     
    We are the LEVELLERS, when it comes to the cup!  There are no levels we cannot stoop to.