Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• edited November 2023
    Managed to get 2 tickets, alot have been given to the youth teams.
  • edited November 2023
    se9addick said:
    Reckon when we beat them, as I expect a much more focused approach from Apples to the replay🤞, then we should donate our 25k TV money to the Cray cause...🤔
    Why?
    It would be a good bit of PR and support for local grass roots football, which are both much needed. We may have a £xm deficit but to have to replay this is already degrading and we should try to salvage a little bit of pride. Still a big 'if' though as to whether we will actually get a win but we should dream.
  • edited November 2023
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Reckon when we beat them, as I expect a much more focused approach from Apples to the replay🤞, then we should donate our 25k TV money to the Cray cause...🤔
    What cause is this?

Do they have a circa £8m defecit like we do?
    It's not all about money is it!!
    25K is a drop in the ocean to us, but a lifesaver to a club like Cray Valley, that's about it really...
  • cafctom said:
    Christ almighty, let them enjoy their moment FFS. 
    Na, fuck those upstarts. 
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    What cause is this?

25K is a drop in the ocean to us, but a lifesaver to a club like Cray Valley, that's about it really...
    If Cray Valley really needed the money then there’s a good case for playing this particular match at the Valley and given the interest the replay is going to generate a much bigger crowd and gate income 
  • Sponsored links:

• Managed to get 2 tickets, alot have been given to the youth teams.
    From Cray ? 
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    What cause is this?

If Cray Valley really needed the money then there’s a good case for playing this particular match at the Valley and given the interest the replay is going to generate a much bigger crowd and gate income 

Hey, it was just an idea, and I thought would have been a nice gesture that's all...🙄
  • Let them win and they get £40000 prize money and a game against the Gills which may well be televised. :)  
  • Given the new owners seem to be popping up at games recently I’d love to see them at Cray Valley, what a shock to the system that would be for them! 
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    What cause is this?

Hey, it was just an idea, and I thought would have been a nice gesture that's all...🙄
    Like I said, fuck em. They are close to being the biggest club in Greenwich. We shouldn't be helping them. 
    Glad that's sorted then...🤷‍♂️
  • More interested in going Carlisle than some tin pot cup game
  • Can I be the first one to ask “any spares?”
  • Charlton fans have wanted a non league away game not to far away for years 

now it’s happened there’s still people complaining 

only at Charlton😂😂😂
  • Sponsored links:

• After the tv money for the replay and not taking into account any gate receipts regardless of the replay result Cray Valley PM, will have made £97069.00, from this years run, that will probably finance them for a couple of years.
  • After the tv money for the replay and not taking into account any gate receipts regardless of the replay result Cray Valley PM, will have made £97069.00, from this years run, that will probably finance them for a couple of years.
    also particularly vital given their large youth programme. pays for lots of kids to play sport which is fantastic 
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    What cause is this?

Got to disagree. Any extra interest is because 'the magic of the cup' has a tiny non league side playing a replay at home to not only one of the biggest clubs they could play at this stage, but a local club from down the road.

If it was played at the Valley it's just a repeat of the other day and for me would probably be of even less interest to people. I'm almost certain you'd see a smaller crowd than the first game.
    But it wouldn’t be being played at 5.30 pm on a Sunday which wasn’t very popular dy and time; it would have the added attraction that CV managed to get a draw at the valley and the replay will have an extra edge to it; CV could probably sell a load more shirts and other branded goods (assuming they can get the stock).
  • Don't think the replay would be on the TV if the replay had been switched to The Valley
  • JohnnyH2 said:
    What cause is this?

Got to disagree. Any extra interest is because 'the magic of the cup' has a tiny non league side playing a replay at home to not only one of the biggest clubs they could play at this stage, but a local club from down the road.

If it was played at the Valley it's just a repeat of the other day and for me would probably be of even less interest to people. I'm almost certain you'd see a smaller crowd than the first game.
    But it wouldn’t be being played at 5.30 pm on a Sunday which wasn’t very popular dy and time; it would have the added attraction that CV managed to get a draw at the valley and the replay will have an extra edge to it; CV could probably sell a load more shirts and other branded goods (assuming they can get the stock).
    I seriously doubt that a midweek replay at the Valley would have got a bigger crowd than the first game. I'd imagine a lot of Charlton fans wouldn't be arsed second time around.
  • clive said:
    cabbles said:
    Just a heads up that if you are one of the few to get an away ticket, and are taking the away supporters coach, it's leaving Larkfield at 6.45pm this coming Sunday 

Any idea of the Well Hall pick up time?
    Depending on traffic lights 🚦 about two minutes before they’re dropping off at the ground.

What will be the away pub?
  • clive said:
    cabbles said:
    Just a heads up that if you are one of the few to get an away ticket, and are taking the away supporters coach, it's leaving Larkfield at 6.45pm this coming Sunday 

Any idea of the Well Hall pick up time?
    Depending on traffic lights 🚦 about two minutes before they’re dropping off at the ground.

What will be the away pub?
    The Oak...