Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• Options
    Rothko said:
    Blucher said:
    Next Wednesday is another opportunity - in fact a bigger one at peak viewing time - to make complete tits of ourselves on national TV. That being so, I'd put out a full strength side and try and put this tie to bed. There wasn't a single bad tackle on Sunday or in the two televised non-league games and injuries can (and do) happen at any time. As for fatigue, we haven't even got a game the following weekend.

I think it's absolutely right that the replay is at Cray Valley's ground - they've more than earned the right and, as others have said, we've brought this upon ourselves. If there are problems with the lack of segregation, Charlton could waive their right to some of their 15% entitlement (a maximum of 150).
    I wholeheartedly agree.

I will say this again just to be clear. I couldn't give a flying fuck where the game is played, my only concern is that there is no trouble or any issues around crowd safety. I have never been to their ground but looking at the photos posted on here there doesn't seem to be much in the way of infrastructure. For some people saying should we have switched the BC game back in 1994 or that Leeds should have complained about playing in a 3000 capacity stadium some years back are just being antagonistic or spoiling for a fight.

I know I get pelters on here & most of the time I don't care and its water off a ducks back, but in this case I just think its madness that a tie which attracted 6700 people last weekend is now only going to be able to accommodate 1000 - without segregation and with minimal facilities. But then again, why should the "customers" be considered in all this. As long as the clubs get their fees who cares. Far cry from a Peter Varney cry of "get down & support your team......."

But as I said, I really dont care. I'll probably stay at home & watch it on TV (like I did Sunday)....I just hope that Thursday morning we are talking about what happened on the pitch & not off it.  
    All me, me, me that post, no one cares you can’t get a ticket, most of us care about the integrity of the cup and that they’ve earned the right to play in the first round and then a replay at home, with the bonus of TV coverage 
    I DONT WANT A FUCKING TICKET 

You might care about the integrity of the cup whereas I care more about the safety of supporters.....from both sides.

How do you think the responsibility falls on the club, for having the audacity to want to play at their own ground, rather with brain dead fans actually causing trouble?

I just don't get it. The Valley is half empty for some games, should they be moved to a more suitable stadium?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    redman said:
    Can't agree with all the moaning. Full credit for wanting to play at home which gives them the best chance of winning and will be a memorable night for their club
    100% So be it, if it is only 100//200 tickets for Charlton, that is life! Get on with it. They deserve their big moment on TV at their home ground!
    Selling tickets to Charlton fans is the easy bit. Selling the other tickets to their own fans is likely to cause them more damage because I doubt they will have that many season ticket holders and anybody else that goes to their games could well be paying at the gate and not necessarily on their database. They could make it a requirement that they will only sell the rest of the home allocation to fans that went to The Valley and can show a ticket but I suspect the majority of those will end up going to Charlton fans one way or another. Their big moment might not be as big as everybody thinks 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Rothko said:
    Blucher said:
    Next Wednesday is another opportunity - in fact a bigger one at peak viewing time - to make complete tits of ourselves on national TV. That being so, I'd put out a full strength side and try and put this tie to bed. There wasn't a single bad tackle on Sunday or in the two televised non-league games and injuries can (and do) happen at any time. As for fatigue, we haven't even got a game the following weekend.

I think it's absolutely right that the replay is at Cray Valley's ground - they've more than earned the right and, as others have said, we've brought this upon ourselves. If there are problems with the lack of segregation, Charlton could waive their right to some of their 15% entitlement (a maximum of 150).
    I wholeheartedly agree.

I will say this again just to be clear. I couldn't give a flying fuck where the game is played, my only concern is that there is no trouble or any issues around crowd safety. I have never been to their ground but looking at the photos posted on here there doesn't seem to be much in the way of infrastructure. For some people saying should we have switched the BC game back in 1994 or that Leeds should have complained about playing in a 3000 capacity stadium some years back are just being antagonistic or spoiling for a fight.

I know I get pelters on here & most of the time I don't care and its water off a ducks back, but in this case I just think its madness that a tie which attracted 6700 people last weekend is now only going to be able to accommodate 1000 - without segregation and with minimal facilities. But then again, why should the "customers" be considered in all this. As long as the clubs get their fees who cares. Far cry from a Peter Varney cry of "get down & support your team......."

But as I said, I really dont care. I'll probably stay at home & watch it on TV (like I did Sunday)....I just hope that Thursday morning we are talking about what happened on the pitch & not off it.  
    All me, me, me that post, no one cares you can’t get a ticket, most of us care about the integrity of the cup and that they’ve earned the right to play in the first round and then a replay at home, with the bonus of TV coverage 
    I DONT WANT A FUCKING TICKET 

You might care about the integrity of the cup whereas I care more about the safety of supporters.....from both sides.

How do you think the responsibility falls on the club, for having the audacity to want to play at their own ground, rather with brain dead fans actually causing trouble?

I just don't get it. The Valley is half empty for some games, should they be moved to a more suitable stadium?
    Nothing bad is going to happen, there won’t be trouble, there won’t be a crush or the Tragedy of Middle Park. The venue seems to have been fine once it was televised, although it seems from the language that it would have moved if it hadn’t been on the telly. 
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    There can’t be that many existing supporters, sponsors and stakeholders so the rest of the home allocation is probably up for grabs for a lot of Charlton fans 
  • Options
    1550 is about three times the size of their Enfield Town attendance. I was at that game and I can’t see how that many will be squeezed in, let alone a separate entrance. I am supposing that there will be some physical works needed at Badgers in order to make this happen.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    To be honest, I think the club should hand pick the fans, so those loyal fans get the tickets!
    Such a small allocation they could just contact the top 282 loyalty point holders to offer them a ticket, then work their way down the list if someone says no
    Best option I think
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    redman said:
    Can't agree with all the moaning. Full credit for wanting to play at home which gives them the best chance of winning and will be a memorable night for their club
    100% So be it, if it is only 100//200 tickets for Charlton, that is life! Get on with it. They deserve their big moment on TV at their home ground!
    Selling tickets to Charlton fans is the easy bit. Selling the other tickets to their own fans is likely to cause them more damage because I doubt they will have that many season ticket holders and anybody else that goes to their games could well be paying at the gate and not necessarily on their database. They could make it a requirement that they will only sell the rest of the home allocation to fans that went to The Valley and can show a ticket but I suspect the majority of those will end up going to Charlton fans one way or another. Their big moment might not be as big as everybody thinks 
    Most of CVPM tickets will go to the players friends and families.. They prob only actually have 100-300 actual fans! 
  • Options
    Don't worry lads... I've got you all covered

PM me if you want a ticket to this one, I'll get us all in at Park View Road
  • Options
    AMB called up to the OZ squad game on the 16th in Melbourne, so presumably Walker in goal again
  • Options
    282 was more than I was expecting. I’ll be honest, if you strip out the amount of local neutrals and foreign weekenders taking in a bonus game, there probably weren’t that many more Charlton fans at the home game!
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    seth plum said:
    1550 is about three times the size of their Enfield Town attendance. I was at that game and I can’t see how that many will be squeezed in, let alone a separate entrance. I am supposing that there will be some physical works needed at Badgers in order to make this happen.
    Sounds like it’s not going to be a match that young kids should be going to if it’s going to be that much of a crush unless CV are planning to put a load of temporary seats in place. 
  • Options
    280 tickets….do you think it will make general sale?..
     No chance.

Do you reckon?
  • Options
    R0TW said:
    280 tickets….do you think it will make general sale?..
     No chance. Definitely a couple more .

Do you reckon?

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s a great occasion for Cray Valley and really hope they do things properly by:

1. ensuring the majority of their tickets go to their regulars and throughout their junior teams. It’s a potential rememberable occasion for kids and it would be much better filling the ground with the CVPM family rather than Terry & the lads from the Bankers Draft 

2. The TV money is the big income so I hope they haven’t compromised safety by trying to squeeze in as many as possible. They’re better shaving a bit of the capacity to ensure it’s workable (and safe for kids etc) than chase a couple of hundred extra notes. 
    Sorry, but that sounds like the voice of reason & you may find yourself in the minority thinking that 😄. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    redman said:
    What are you on about? Based on their league games they have a core support of about 100. So any genuine CVPM fan who wants to go will easily get a ticket. The rest will no doubt be sold to people who went to the first game or to friends/family of the team and various age group teams.

It's certainly not going to impact their 'moment' in any way, shape or form. They have a second live tv game against a big local league club and are making over 100k from these games. I think that's big enough for them somehow.
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    Reckon when we beat them, as I expect a much more focused approach from Apples to the replay🤞, then we should donate our 25k TV money to the Cray cause...🤔
  • Options
    Reckon when we beat them, as I expect a much more focused approach from Apples to the replay🤞, then we should donate our 25k TV money to the Cray cause...🤔
    Why?
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    redman said:
    What are you on about? Based on their league games they have a core support of about 100. So any genuine CVPM fan who wants to go will easily get a ticket. The rest will no doubt be sold to people who went to the first game or to friends/family of the team and various age group teams.

It's certainly not going to impact their 'moment' in any way, shape or form. They have a second live tv game against a big local league club and are making over 100k from these games. I think that's big enough for them somehow.
    There are 1268 tickets for home fans. 100-150 will go to regulars, hopefully. Probably 400-500 will go to players, youth teams (they seem to have a lot of those) and staff and families getting first option. Maybe 50-100 will to to sponsors and stakeholders. That leaves around 500 for everybody else to scramble for. I suspect not everyone of those 500 will be thinking they’re going to this game because it’s an fa cup replay and after that they will attend other matches there. 
  • Options
    From the aerial photos, I'm amazed 1550 can fit. 

If they are providing a separate entrance for away fans, presumably there will have to be a temporary segregated away section inside with its own toilets and refreshment kiosk. Sounds like a lot of work.
  • Options
    swordfish said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    To be honest, I think the club should hand pick the fans, so those loyal fans get the tickets!
    I think the fans should hand pick the team.
    Perhaps the team should hand pick the fans ?  :)