Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cray Valley replay - TONIGHT 7:45pm - important info for away fans p30

Comments

• Options
    All tickets that we will be given are taken up by all our owners and members of the SMT.

I will be watching on the BBC
    I don't know what I'll do. I haven't got a ST or gone to any away games this season so wont get a ticket. Will probably have to watch it on TV but part of me wants to go there just to make a point. Its not that I want to go to the game per se, but I just feel its a daft decision to restrict the attendance that much. Good job we aren't Millwall, or Leeds or any other big/troublesome away supporters otherwise it could really kick-off. But we are little peaceful Charlton who will just take this sitting down. 
    They should forfeit their right to play at their own ground because some bellends potentially can’t behave themselves? Madness.
  • Options
    Apples integrity and nouse will be revealed for all to see with his selections for this one
    There isn't a meaningful match for another 9 days until Carlisle away.
    Dobbo, Leaburn, May and CBT are critical to winning matches so can be protected and selected on the bench.  Miles has already had his season curtailed by a non-league clogger 'making his point'.  Dobbo doesn't need any more bookings.
    Kirk voted with his feet and effectively resigned on Saturday.

AMB
    TWatson, Hector, Jones, Edun -  this lot all badly need the practice
    L Watson, Anderson, McGrandles, Fraser (big audition for these two)
    Tyreece, Tedic, 

bench: Walker, Thomas, Asiimwe, Ness, Dobbo, Leaburn, May and CBT is Chem Campbell fit?

Any of the starting XI not giving their all have to get the hook as early as their attitude is apparent - none of this waiting til halftime or worse still for an hour before doing the necessary
    With the gulf between the two setups, all talk of formation or playing out of position e.g. "is Tedic a no.9?" is precisely the sort of lily livered bullshit that permits Saturday's failure.  There are no excuses. The match has to resemble the bare fact that this is fulltime pros against division 8 part-timers.
    There's something like 120 places between the two teams in the league that's fully 5 divisions.  Victory by a goal or two would be insufficient.  The margin has to be 4 at least.  Accepting anything less disrespects the opposition.  CVPM train once or twice per week.  Charlton train at least 5 sessions per week.  Simply the difference in athleticism has to make this a mismatch.
    Saturday's shabby humiliation was unacceptable on any level, any glimmer of anything similar again will be emblematic of grave failings with the squad and team management.
    Away at Gillingham's dump is no reward obviously.  But none is needed.  Basic professionalism demands that the gulf between the two sides will be clear for all to see.
    breath.not.held
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Apples integrity and nouse will be revealed for all to see with his selections for this one
    Dobbo, Leaburn, May and CBT are critical to winning matches so can be protected and selected on the bench.  Miles has already had his season curtailed by a non-league clogger 'making his point'.  Dobbo doesn't need any more bookings.

AMB
    Tyreece, Tedic, 

bench: Walker, Thomas, Asiimwe, Ness, Dobbo, Leaburn, May and CBT is Chem Campbell fit?

Any of the starting XI not giving their all have to get the hook as early as their attitude is apparent - none of this waiting til halftime or worse still for an hour before doing the necessary
    With the gulf between the two setups, all talk of formation or playing out of position e.g. "is Tedic a no.9?" is precisely the sort of lily livered bullshit that permits Saturday's failure.  There are no excuses. The match has to resemble the bare fact that this is fulltime pros against division 8 part-timers.
    There's something like 120 places between the two teams in the league that's fully 5 divisions.  Victory by a goal or two would be insufficient.  The margin has to be 4 at least.  Accepting anything less disrespects the opposition.  CVPM train once or twice per week.  Charlton train at least 5 sessions per week.  Simply the difference in athleticism has to make this a mismatch.
    Saturday's shabby humiliation was unacceptable on any level, any glimmer of anything similar again will be emblematic of grave failings with the squad and team management.
    Away at Gillingham's dump is no reward obviously.  But none is needed.  Basic professionalism demands that the gulf between the two sides will be clear for all to see.
    breath.not.held
    Not sure if they've all been called up but AMB, Thomas, Anderson and Hector might all be away on international duty.
  • Options
    What time do the coaches leave, time and cost ??

• Options
    Billy_Mix said:

AMB
    Tyreece, Tedic, 

breath.not.held
    Disagree we truly need to protect anyone but I get the sentiment.

This should be a full strength team that attempts to win by a country mile - lesson learnt from last week is to try harder. Wrap it up by half time and then 'rest' or 'protect' any we need to.

We have nothing much else to play for (realistically).
  • Options

Make all fans travel from Larkfield by coach, that would keep the demand for tickets down 
  • Options
    A beamback (ie turn on bbc2) in one of the lounges at The Valley would be a good idea for this if fans want to watch together and less likely to stand outside 
  • Options
    Will Valley Express be operating for this one?
  • Options
    I’m in Dusseldorf next week, any ideas how I can view the match out there? Don’t think I player will work out there? Thanks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m in Dusseldorf next week, any ideas how I can view the match out there? Don’t think I player will work out there? Thanks
    It will with a vpn.
  • Options

Make all fans travel from Larkfield by coach, that would keep the demand for tickets down 
    It's already left.
  • Options
    It will with a vpn.
    Nice one, I will look into that 
  • Options
    redman said:
    Can't agree with all the moaning. Full credit for wanting to play at home which gives them the best chance of winning and will be a memorable night for their club
    This.

A replay at their ground is the romance of the cup. There will be fans up trees, perking over fences, a local not giving a shit because they have a swimming pool in their garden. I'm glad that the days of clubs moving it to their nearest league club for financial gain are gone. Maybe it's lost its magic but that law keeps the cup special.

Perking ??
  • Options
    I'm sure the supporters coach will arrive at the Cray Wanderers ground by 7pm. Then everyone will stand around for 2 hours wondering why nothing is happening  ;)
  • Options
    How many names has this ground got?! Middle park, Badgers, Artic. 
    Wonder which one the Express will use in their headline "Battle of..." 
    Quotes from Sue Braverman on how those on the dingy's crossing the quaggy will be sent to Rwanda and the failure of the MET to stop the hordes of fans from storming the two turnstiles chucking big Mac wrappers at the police as they go in. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well this little FA Cup tie has again laid bare, the peculiarities and foibles of the CL community...
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    We haven't even got round to the sloping pitch bit yet.

And yes it has a considerable slope.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    We haven't even go round to the sloping pitch bit yet.

And yes it has a considerable slope.
    yeah well, people and especially the players need to suck it up
  • Options
    You can get Cray Valley at 9/1 on Skybet.
  • Options

It would keep the attendance down and make it Cray VPM fans only.
  • Options
    It will with a vpn.
    The beeb does a pretty good job at blocking them and I use quite an expensive one
  • Options
    Can we call this Operation Cray Valley?
  • Options
    redman said:
    We have no excuse for not putting out a near full strength sid
    e. 10 days before our next league game 

Bang on Cray had their moment of glory at ours 
    Let's just concentrate on getting the job done in the first half then if he wants to rest players & give others game time he can 
    We won't but if we was to lose this their will be a few asking for his head

• Options
    edited November 2023
    They are due to play a cup game tomorrow night and a league game on Saturday, on that pitch with the weather forecast i wonder if any of these games get called off.